News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Last one to post in thread wins

Started by Cramulus, July 19, 2021, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

This post is an offer to enter into a legal contract.  By posting in this thread, immediately following this message, you accept the offer and agree to abide by the terms of this contract.  Any post shall be construed as acceptance; the contents of said post are not relevant.

For the purposes of this contract, the person making the next post in this thread (if any), and thereby accepting the offer, shall be known as the party of the first part.

I, chaotic neutral observer, in exchange for consideration as listed below, offer the following:

1.  To deliver to the party of the first part, not less than five pounds of flax.
2.  To, upon receipt of the consideration noted in item 4 below, refrain from making any posts in this thread which immediately follow posts made by the party of the first part.  This does not apply to posts made by third parties (parties of the third part), and does not take effect until receipt of the consideration.

The party of the first part shall provide the following consideration:

4.  The sum of $5 CAD, plus the cost of shipping and procuring the flax.
5.  If the party of the first part is the last poster in this thread, and thereby becomes the winner, then they will irrevocably transfer to chaotic neutral observer any and all benefits derived therefrom, whether tangible, intangible, or entirely chimerical, including monies, bragging rights, and interdimensional book deals.

The amount owed is due within two business days of offer acceptance.

The party of the first part agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless chaotic neutral observer for any direct, indirect, or incidental damages, impairments, or awkward conversations incurred during the execution of this contract.

In the event of cancellation or nonperformance of contract, due to any cause, including Acts of Goddess, the party of the first part shall be held solely responsible.

This contract shall be governed by and enforced under the jurisdiction of Pima County, Arizona.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on July 22, 2021, 01:04:44 AM
One day I'll post about The Mgt in here. Then you'll all be sorry. So will I, but it'll be for the greater good.

The Mgt is a myth.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 22, 2021, 03:55:03 AM
This post is an offer to enter into a legal contract.  By posting in this thread, immediately following this message, you accept the offer and agree to abide by the terms of this contract.  Any post shall be construed as acceptance; the contents of said post are not relevant.

For the purposes of this contract, the person making the next post in this thread (if any), and thereby accepting the offer, shall be known as the party of the first part.

I, chaotic neutral observer, in exchange for consideration as listed below, offer the following:

1.  To deliver to the party of the first part, not less than five pounds of flax.
2.  To, upon receipt of the consideration noted in item 4 below, refrain from making any posts in this thread which immediately follow posts made by the party of the first part.  This does not apply to posts made by third parties (parties of the third part), and does not take effect until receipt of the consideration.

The party of the first part shall provide the following consideration:

4.  The sum of $5 CAD, plus the cost of shipping and procuring the flax.
5.  If the party of the first part is the last poster in this thread, and thereby becomes the winner, then they will irrevocably transfer to chaotic neutral observer any and all benefits derived therefrom, whether tangible, intangible, or entirely chimerical, including monies, bragging rights, and interdimensional book deals.

The amount owed is due within two business days of offer acceptance.

The party of the first part agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless chaotic neutral observer for any direct, indirect, or incidental damages, impairments, or awkward conversations incurred during the execution of this contract.

In the event of cancellation or nonperformance of contract, due to any cause, including Acts of Goddess, the party of the first part shall be held solely responsible.

This contract shall be governed by and enforced under the jurisdiction of Pima County, Arizona.

Ok. You have two days to bring me the flax. I expect an invioce for costs in detail in order to fulfill my end. Per the contract I am under no obligation to give you further information about my location, but without notarized PROOF of delivery you will be in actionable breach of your own contract.

Good luck.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 22, 2021, 05:25:52 PM

Ok. You have two days to bring me the flax. I expect an invioce for costs in detail in order to fulfill my end. Per the contract I am under no obligation to give you further information about my location, but without notarized PROOF of delivery you will be in actionable breach of your own contract.

Good luck.

As highlighted above, only the immediately following post qualifies.  Regrettably, you came in second by twenty minutes, and Doktor Howl is now the party of the first part.

I have consulted with a lawyer qualified in exotemporal contract law, and have been informed that since it is currently 1973 in Tucson, Doktor Howl has forty-eight years plus two business days to complete payment.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 22, 2021, 06:50:03 PM

Good luck.

As highlighted above, only the immediately following post qualifies.  Regrettably, you came in second by twenty minutes, and Doktor Howl is now the party of the first part.

I have consulted with a lawyer qualified in exotemporal contract law, and have been informed that since it is currently 1973 in Tucson, Doktor Howl has forty-eight years plus two business days to complete payment.

:lulz: :lulz: Ahhhh... The olde space-timewarp Tucson maneuver eh? You STILL got 2 days from the current point in the time"line" to deliver to Howl.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 22, 2021, 07:04:15 PM

Good luck.

:lulz: :lulz: Ahhhh... The olde space-timewarp Tucson maneuver eh? You STILL got 2 days from the current point in the time"line" to deliver to Howl.

He has all of last week in which to comply.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2021, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 22, 2021, 07:04:15 PM

Good luck.

He has all of last week in which to comply.

It has always been more of a timetangle really.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

rong

is it last post "sequential" or "chronological"

that is to say, if i edit this post at a later date - does that make it a later post?  even though other posts may follow this one in sequence?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Q. G. Pennyworth

to keep content fresh, I recommend we pick a theme and each post our answer. How about social security numbers to start!

rong

I wonder who's SS# is 000-00-0001?

holy shit - the US population is 331,449,281 - we're almost 1/3 of the way through all the possible SS #'s

do they reuse numbers of people who have died? 
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Junkenstein

Not been lurking for a few weeks, this is the new open bar, right?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 23, 2021, 05:07:30 PM
to keep content fresh, I recommend we pick a theme and each post our answer. How about social security numbers to start!
Oh that sounds fun, I'll start:
170-00-000-0000-00000-000000-0000000-00000000...
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2021, 06:00:03 PM

Nope.  This is the death rattle thread.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Oh, didn't know it was time for another one yet.

I'm due to emerge from the cave at some point in the next few weeks, for perhaps 4 days. I have seen you've all made great progress with that global warming shit while I've been underground.

Reminder: unnecessary personal posts interesting only to the poster are a mandatory part of death rattle threads. Expecting at least 2 recipes by page 5.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2021, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2021, 06:00:03 PM

Nope.  This is the death rattle thread.

madness...?
:apple: