News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Last one to post in thread wins

Started by Cramulus, July 19, 2021, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I swear to fucking cod there is a 100% effective incantation to create a new page for Holy Nonsense and it is "I think this is the final layout!"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2021, 10:14:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2021, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2021, 06:00:03 PM
Not been lurking for a few weeks, this is the new open bar, right?

Nope.  This is the death rattle thread.

madness...?
:apple:

PD is like that running gag in comedy where you think the character is gonna die and just as the lights go out there's one more thing to say, but it's been going like that for YEARS now.

What if PD CAN'T DIE??
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 24, 2021, 02:59:16 AM

madness...?

PD is like that running gag in comedy where you think the character is gonna die and just as the lights go out there's one more thing to say, but it's been going like that for YEARS now.

What if PD CAN'T DIE??

The funny thing is that it SEEMS dead, but then this thread that proves we all still check it at least once a day, and clearly want to chill online with each other.

Faust

How to communicate in the difficult to communicate age
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

I'm just waiting for the shit I'm struggling under to level off so I can bitch about not finding work and talk smack about the straight white guy thinking the disabled queers can't run a fucking co-op their lives depend on.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

rong

Quote from: altered on July 24, 2021, 09:41:32 PM
I'm just waiting for the shit I'm struggling under to level off so I can bitch about not finding work and talk smack about the straight white guy thinking the disabled queers can't run a fucking co-op their lives depend on.
there's really a lot to unpack there
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on July 24, 2021, 02:27:26 PM

madness...?

What if PD CAN'T DIE??

The funny thing is that it SEEMS dead, but then this thread that proves we all still check it at least once a day, and clearly want to chill online with each other.

Yeah. It's like a fractal refrain in the song of my life since 2011. It's been a hard and strange decade, yet PD has ever been something I can come back to in good or bad circumstances. Strange for a thing to be a "place" to me. It's the closest thing I have had to a spiritual community since I was 19 and rejected churches pretty much entirely. I truly am unable to imagine how I would be had I not made the decision to dive in. I surely cannot speak for anyone else, but WE ARE STILL HERE, for whatever reasons.
:pax:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 25, 2021, 02:57:24 AM

madness...?

What if PD CAN'T DIE??

Yeah. It's like a fractal refrain in the song of my life since 2011. It's been a hard and strange decade, yet PD has ever been something I can come back to in good or bad circumstances. Strange for a thing to be a "place" to me. It's the closest thing I have had to a spiritual community since I was 19 and rejected churches pretty much entirely. I truly am unable to imagine how I would be had I not made the decision to dive in. I surely cannot speak for anyone else, but WE ARE STILL HERE, for whatever reasons.

That's beautiful, Wizzy J. What do you think has made participation here feel like a spiritual experience to you?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on July 25, 2021, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 25, 2021, 02:57:24 AM

madness...?

What if PD CAN'T DIE??

That's beautiful, Wizzy J. What do you think has made participation here feel like a spiritual experience to you?
Hmmm... Well Cramulamadingdong, It was confusing, painful at times, euphoric at times. Sometimes PD seemed freakishly synchronous to events in my life, sometimes freakishly asynchronous. I have seen the whimsy and the dire thoughts of Genius and Shadow alike in the other posters. I saw myself grow and mutate. Subjectively I came to know Eris personally. She showed me how asshats are made. Objectively... Well I still got a pretty good grip on the asshat thing. I have achieved the subversion of my own "unlimited" thread and it feels like an accomplishment, yet it's of no great concern to anyone but me. I took up ORANGES once in honor of another's suffering, once in my foolass pride, recieving vision from each and suffering digestive malfunction beyond the pale of the uninitiated. I began to feel like my poetry mattered enough to keep a record of, in this way at last accepting my artistic nature. I beheld the steady metamorphosis of those that remain and the inglorious butthurt of many a failed troll. I told people things about myself I never tell anyone. I went mad with poison and revealed myselves in a manner that could not be controlled. I may have at long last learned to accept that I can be correct and still WRONG in my attitude towards correct information from others. I may not have learned anything whatsoever in this sense. I made blood ass friends and a couple dire enemies, both of which I would love to be on the doorstep of one day. I learned that if you want to fight a spiritual war you gotta fight dirtier than a mad boar in rut, but Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut.

In short,
I fucked around.
I found out.
Hail Eris!!
All Hail
Discordia!!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

IA! IA!
ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!!

(I WIN)

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

rong

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

rong

Cramulus