News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

So I caught a 30 day ban on Facebook, again...

Started by Suu, November 19, 2021, 11:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: rong on November 24, 2021, 01:12:28 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 23, 2021, 11:11:26 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 22, 2021, 02:15:48 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 21, 2021, 10:06:16 PM
I was going to post this on your Facebook until I remembered

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20211120018400325

I'm gonna be fucking ill.

*goes to burn her belts*

On the plus side you can see a picture of Kid Rock - most recently singing about how his generation didn't have participation trophies because he's having a boomer meltdown - in the background as Trump is given a literal participation trophy.

You can't buy comedy like that.

i don't really consider trump and kid rock to be from the same generation

They aren't. Kid Rock is totally GenX. And as a card-carrying member of late GenX/Xennials, I can absolutely say with certainty that participation trophies were a thing in the 80s and 90s.

I have a hard time groking with Millennials. I have no prob being lumped in with them, but we really did have a different upbringing.

Also, emo music fucking sucked and I'm taking that to the grave with me regardless of how much my little sister protests.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

altered

Participation trophies were EXCLUSIVELY a thing in the 90s or thereabouts, to my recollection. By the time I was in high school they had been phased out for a couple years and kids were already mocking the idea (it took a while for the adults to catch on).

Anyway Kid Rock hasn't been shit since Devil Without A Cause and even that album was bottom-of-the-barrel nu metal at the height of nu metal as the sellout genre du jour. He's not worth one teaspoon of my most generous shits, I just like to see his fans cry when I say Bawitdaba was a dogshit song from a dogshit album and it's STILL the highest achievement of that dogshit man's dogshit career
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Oh and yes for the record I do prefer making Trapt fans cry to making Kid Rock fans cry but after that dipshit faceplanted into getting owned by furries in public on twitter no one admits they like that shitty shitty fucking band, so I have to take my peabrained nu metal goober types where I can find them
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

rong

i saw kid rock live back in the 90s.  I didn't know who he was, but some friends brought me along.  I remember some "balls in your mouth" song that seemed funny at the time.

i don't remember much of the show except that kid rock was actually a pretty good guitar player. 

i never forgave him for ripping off metallica (and not even good metallica) what a bundle of sticks.

but i do have to give him credit for that northern michigan song (don't get me wrong, the song fucking blows and i hate it) but he justifies stealing "sweet home alabama" by starting the song out with "werewolves of london" - i can appreciate that, even if it sucks.

say what you want about his talent, but he certainly did make a lot of money fleecing a certain type of people that, in my opinion, can handle a bit of fleecing.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Suu

"Bawitaba" was the only 'rock' song they played at my senior prom.
They played "The Thong Song" six times, though.

I remember this only because I really wanted to swing dance with Bestie, and his date was being really possessive and weird about it. So I was counting songs, and then when Kid Rock came on, all of us metal heads actually attempted a mosh pit and got in trouble. We were dumb and 17-18 years old at the time. But yeah, that's about the extent of what I remember from prom. Oh! And it was really warm in there. May in Florida in a building without central air. Got it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

rong

Suu

Quote from: rong on December 03, 2021, 04:52:03 AM
Thank you for sharing.  I imagine it smelled

Like Bod (predecessor to Axe) and teen spirit.

Faust

I am now nearly two years clean of FB, twitter, reddit etc. I have to say, the only one I miss at all are the funny pictures on twitter
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Yeah, Discord is my jam these days. Definitely enjoy it more than FB, although I know chat format isn't for everybody.

Deep down, I go on FB because I want to socalize with people and feel like I'm connected to "what's going on". But my FB feed is full of people I interact with, not necessarily people I'm close with. So having a tight little group to socialize with during the workday scratches that itch much better than the unwashed masses of FB.

rong

I like to use facebook to make my family uncomfortable and wrestle qith whether they want to unfriend me or not.  I find it's best to only post things that people can't be sure if you're serious or not