News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Discordian Initiation Into 8 Circuit Awareness, An Ostrich Cult

Started by ArchangelIdiotis, April 02, 2022, 06:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchangelIdiotis

I founded an ostrich cult as a branch of Discordianism. I call it the Individuate Church.

Individuates study psychology, psychiatry, consciousness expansion, Carl Jung, and Leary's 8 Circuit Model. The front page of the cult includes a bible inspired by the principia discordia, and a complete system of initiation into 8 Circuit awareness. Presented are initiation ceremonies into each circuit up to the 7th circuit, advice on designing a ceremony for the 8th circuit.

The website also includes my original fiction and poetry, music and sketches, anarchist free form role playing material, and occult essays.

https://kbupdikejr.wixsite.com/chrystalcity

Doktor Howl

I founded The First Church of Vinnie. Here's how it works: You all tithe 10% of what you make. This doesn't buy you a spot in heaven, though (wrong sort of religion), it just means that Vinnie doesn't come by to make your knees bend the wrong way.

This way you can have all the religion you want, without any of those pesky restrictions on sex and drugs, and nobody telling you what to do (I mean, other than the tithe).

Ten reasons to convert TODAY.

1. Vinnie doesn't care about premarital sex.  He himself does it all the time.
2. Vinnie won't get mad at you for coveting your neighbor's ass.  He covets it too.
3. Vinnie doesn't give a flying fuck about abortion or prayer in school.
4. Vinnie doesn't care how the world was created, as long as he gets his cut.
5. Vinnie won't tell you "what atheists believe".
6. Vinne never told anyone to kill in his name.  He does that just fine on his own.
7. Vinnie doesn't care if you actually show up to church.  In fact, there isn't actually a physical building.
8. Vinnie is tangible and obeys all known scientific laws (other laws, not so much).
9. Vinnie never launched a crusade, a witch hunt, or burned any heretics.  There's no money in it.
10.  If you don't convert, Vinnie will make your knees bend the wrong way.  I believe I mentioned this earlier.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2022, 03:27:43 AM
I founded The First Church of Vinnie. Here's how it works: You all tithe 10% of what you make. This doesn't buy you a spot in heaven, though (wrong sort of religion), it just means that Vinnie doesn't come by to make your knees bend the wrong way.

Only 10%?  What a bargain!  The government takes more than that, and won't even fix the potholes on 42nd street, let alone promise not to break my knees.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

ArchangelIdiotis

10% is more expensive than the Individuate Church. To join costs $0.23 and a partially consumed yellow snowball, no further fees.

Tithes 1/10th of the accumulated yellow snow to Vinnie.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ArchangelIdiotis on April 05, 2022, 08:51:22 PM
10% is more expensive than the Individuate Church. To join costs $0.23 and a partially consumed yellow snowball, no further fees.

Tithes 1/10th of the accumulated yellow snow to Vinnie.

And your kneecaps.  Because Vinnie.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: ArchangelIdiotis on April 02, 2022, 06:49:52 AM
I founded an ostrich cult as a branch of Discordianism. I call it the Individuate Church.

Individuates study psychology, psychiatry, consciousness expansion, Carl Jung, and Leary's 8 Circuit Model. The front page of the cult includes a bible inspired by the principia discordia, and a complete system of initiation into 8 Circuit awareness. Presented are initiation ceremonies into each circuit up to the 7th circuit, advice on designing a ceremony for the 8th circuit.

The website also includes my original fiction and poetry, music and sketches, anarchist free form role playing material, and occult essays.

https://kbupdikejr.wixsite.com/chrystalcity

Regarding the 8-circuit model,
in your opinion/experience,
Do people actually exist at different levels? Once you've had an experience on a certain circuit, is it like a Samadhi experience - you got a glimpse of 'how it really works' and can't go back inside plato's cave? Or is it more dynamic? As in - Today I am driven by Circuit 2, but other days I manage to fire on Circuit 3?

Cramulus

I'm interested in this via my work in Gurdjieff groups. The 8-circuit model was partially derived from Gurdjieff's notation of levels of being - "Man-1" through "Man-7". But in Gurdjieff groups, you never explicitly discuss what "level" someone "is". It's probably not actually quantifiable like that.

I think Buddhist meditation groups have a similar thing going on too -- in some traditions, there is a hierarchy of meditative experiences, but it's tabboo to speak too explicitly about your own "accomplishments". And partially because, I think, these initiatory experiences aren't permanent. Maybe our range of consciousness is expanded, but that doesn't mean we always have access to that. I may fire on all cylinders during meditation, but then I get a little hungry or horny and I'm an idiot all over again.

ArchangelIdiotis

I think it is possible to exist all the time on higher circuits. However, I don't know if that would necessarily be a good thing...

Warning: the following may be a somewhat lengthy explanation to try and cover everything. Don't let me waste your time.

I see the 8 circuits as evolution toward more love. The advance-retreat of the first circuit may be pride before love, or a more primitive desire/fear mechanism. I see it as the complex induced by pride before love because it is described as advancing on occasion with anger, which inflates pride.

I map the second circuit as egotism induced by familial love. A hierarchy develops in part because of subtle love-pride complex interaction. Submissives and Dominants evolve upon a small scale social hierarchy. The mammalian circuit: I picture packs and herds of animals.

The third circuit of map making and logic may have evolved because love (which I consider a simple when isolated from pride, still, without impulse) allows the pride/humility bound mind to move around a little bit. This motion apart from instinctive conditioning is reason.

The socio-sexual moral 4th circuit may be explained by yet more love inducing social instinct, the evolutionary source of moral values and social identity. The heart identifies with a far larger population than with mammalian packs.

The fifth circuit, associated with weed, by this model, is explained as pot inducing yet more love, as one source of marijuana intoxication. It becomes possible to reason in a "far out" manner, exploring yet further than with the lower four circuits.

The sixth circuit, associated with psychedelic trips, allows self-programming because one's pride is now surrounded by so much love it can be impacted by the mind indwelt within the heart. But hallucinations usually begin at this stage, so how to survive in the 6th circuit without going schizophrenic...

I guess the seventh circuit to be love inducing exploration of one's local nervous system and the timeline of one's local experience (DNA/reincarnation). Again, yet more love allows for yet further exploration.

The eighth circuit, non local awareness, could be explained as so much love you start to explore nonlocality, the universe. If love can align with causality, a significant amount of love may grab onto a large enough chunk of causality to permit prophecy.

The hallucinations corresponding with the higher circuits is the problem to be transcended. Enough drug research has evolved that it may otherwise be possible to stay 6-8th circuit most if not all of the time.

I consider pride the root of the impulsiveness of most hallucinations (and the instincts of its negative states, like fear/humility), and love the root of the creativity component to the vision. Impulsive creativity = hallucination. This may be in keeping with schizophrenia research. Most antipsychotics target dopamine and/or serotonin. Dopamine increase is induced by the drugs I associate with pride, serotonin increase by the drugs associated with spiritual visions.

I would rather lose pride than love. It is at least possible that if a way were discovered to hold pride down to a very small state (an astral telepath could hold down a psychedelic using volunteer's pride to a positively self-identified smallness), too little impulsiveness would manifest for a hallucination to result.

Until a cure for hallucinations and delusions evolves, it may be better to just learn how to reproduce the abilities of the higher circuits after coming "down to earth".

rong

inside of you, there are 8 wolves.
one of them is gay.
why do you keep feeding it?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

altered

1:

It has been shown definitively that psychedelic usage is very common among the highest tiers of neo-Nazi looniness. Associating psychedelic use with love is provably false, whatever the hippies say.

2:

rong, would you like to do me a favor? A small one. Take your homophobic bullshit, load it into a gun, and blow your fucking nuts off.

Right now, every day, I wake up to see a new thing coming for me and mine with weapons and hate. And this is one place I go where I don't have to deal with it, until fucking now. Yes yes it's just a fucking joke.

Fuck you.

Start rotting, rong.

Hahaha. Now there's a joke, shitbird. Not even the worms will roost in your hate-withered carcass.

You and your ilk are slimy little things I will crush and destroy, one fine day, but for now I'm content to leave you alone so long as you go away, and do irreparable, painful damage to yourself every time you think something bigoted is even a little funny. It is literally the least you could do for me, my demands get increasingly aggressive from here on out.

Leave. And do hurt yourself on the way out, I demand it as payment for the fucking graves you're defiling with your homophobic nonsense.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

ArchangelIdiotis

QuoteIt has been shown definitively that psychedelic usage is very common among the highest tiers of neo-Nazi looniness. Associating psychedelic use with love is provably false, whatever the hippies say.

neo-Nazi loonies love something, just not something that helps society to love. They don't worship fair totems or anything. A Nazi Satanist might love a version of Satan that represents all evil and all bigotry, and most Nazis probably love other Nazis. And probably Hitler.

In my younger years when I was wild and uninhibited, I experimented with weed (and experienced more love than sober) and other psychedelics (and the high was mostly just a tremendous amount of love).

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

rong

What was bigoted about my post?  Is it because I used the g-word?  Is that not allowed?  I like to think I'm a pretty nice guy and it's entirely possible that I'm just dumb.  Did you ever think of that? 
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

ArchangelIdiotis

If you're saying Land may be a racist because of his psychedelic usage (I just briefly read up on him, don't even know if he used psychedelics), you may be right. The question isn't whether drugs are "good" or "bad" but whether psychedelics reputed to provide access to higher circuits of consciousness increase love.

Once again, when I was young and not as law-abiding as today, I experimented with DMT, LSA (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose), LSD, shrooms... and all of them at varying levels of potency drastically increased love and increased pride a bit too. I could be alone in this, but most of the people who have charted out their experiences on the same kind of psychedelics, from those reports I have read, describe the experiences as "spiritual" which is what I'd think would result from a massive dose of love. And the hippies were experimenting with those same drugs when they claimed those drugs were about love, so it is probably what they experienced.

altered

1:

rong, how about you stop trying to justify yourself? You knew exactly what you were doing. There's a fucking genocidal hate campaign, it's not like you could have fucking missed it. Shut the fuck up and dig your own grave somewhere else. You're scum to me, nothing more.

2:

Land was an actual Marxist involved in some fucking weird drugs-and-rave-music research group for years, then he had a trip that utterly destroyed his sense of self and hard-pivoted him to being a neo-Nazi whackjob. His piece A Dirty Joke (I think that's the title) is about that trip or one he had about the same time. This is actually a recurring feature of the weirdest far-right figures, like Land, weev and their ilk. They got blitzed on psychedelics and/or amphetamines (there are plenty of cases without amphetamines though, don't you worry) and turned into shriveled, cruel husks of people. There was an article about how what you're positing is not backed up by reality at all just last year, even.

Whatever your own experiences, the data suggests the exact opposite. Smarter people than you or I collected and sorted through it and made that conclusion.

So forget about acid opening the universe to love or whatever.