News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Discordian Initiation Into 8 Circuit Awareness, An Ostrich Cult

Started by ArchangelIdiotis, April 02, 2022, 06:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchangelIdiotis

altered

I don't have it at hand. It was definitely posted on the Aftermathematics server, so Cram can grab it easier than I can.

I'm about 96% sure it was a real thing and not a hallucination because it was an on-and-off topic of discussion for a bit, but I don't know the search terms to bring it up on Google and I'm not in Aftermathematics currently for mental health reasons.

By the way, I don't think you're necessarily entirely wrongheaded in this reimagining of the 8-circuit model, I am just absolutely certain psychedelics don't belong in it.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

rong

Quote from: altered on April 07, 2022, 12:28:09 AM
1:

rong, how about you stop trying to justify yourself? You knew exactly what you were doing. There's a fucking genocidal hate campaign, it's not like you could have fucking missed it. Shut the fuck up and dig your own grave somewhere else. You're scum to me, nothing more.

2:

Land was an actual Marxist involved in some fucking weird drugs-and-rave-music research group for years, then he had a trip that utterly destroyed his sense of self and hard-pivoted him to being a neo-Nazi whackjob. His piece A Dirty Joke (I think that's the title) is about that trip or one he had about the same time. This is actually a recurring feature of the weirdest far-right figures, like Land, weev and their ilk. They got blitzed on psychedelics and/or amphetamines (there are plenty of cases without amphetamines though, don't you worry) and turned into shriveled, cruel husks of people. There was an article about how what you're positing is not backed up by reality at all just last year, even.

Whatever your own experiences, the data suggests the exact opposite. Smarter people than you or I collected and sorted through it and made that conclusion.

So forget about acid opening the universe to love or whatever.

excuse me?  a genocidal hate campaign?  i have no idea what you are talking about nor do i care.  i was simply, in my own special way, trying to point out that the map is not the territory.  the menu is not the meal.  the 8 circuit model is a model.  you can mix models up all the time for whatever you want.  that's what discordianism is all about.  or at least i thought it was.  but feel free to call me names and issue threats if that makes you feel better.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

ArchangelIdiotis

rong: maybe you could give a line-by-line explanation of your poem.

I think it read like you were saying I'm gay, or a part of me is gay, for thinking the way I was thinking. In a criticizing way, using the g word like the f word for homosexuals.

altered

Considering it ended with "why do you keep feeding it," there is no positive reading. There is no point in giving this little creature the benefit of the doubt. He keeps sticking his ass where it isn't wanted and then pretending he's too stupid to think through the consequences of his actions, so he shouldn't have to face them. Well now that they're fucking bombing us and encouraging us to be lined up in front of firing squads, I'm done giving any benefit of the doubt. Homophobia gets the thumbscrews at minimum. He should be /grateful/.

Sorry for fucking up your actually not-terrible topic with this shit, but ... yeah.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

rong

Ok, well, my poem (and I didn't think of it as a poem) wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but its supposed to draw a comparison between the 8 circuit model and a meme about two wolves that says something like "inside you there are two wolves, one is good and one is evil, the one that wins is the one you feed" that meme is so common that I've seen it parodied as "inside you there are two wolves, one is gay, the other is gay, you're gay.". I thought it was kinda funny, so I guess that makes me a bigot.  But I was just trying to mash all those ideas together to hope that the reader would conclude that a)the 8 circuit model is a model and b)the circuit you "live" in is akin to the wolf that you feed. 

I didn't mean any harm, I was just trying to have a little fun by participating in a discussion on a topic I find interesting without getting too grey faced about it. 

I legit have no idea what you (altered) are talking about with the genocide/lined up in front of firing squads stuff.  I don't hate and I'm not a hateful person, I guess I come across as brash or whatever, but, i mean, geeze, cut a guy some slack, would ya?  I mean, maybe you feed the gay wolf cuz that's your favorite one?  I dunno...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 06, 2022, 11:18:45 PM
rong, would you like to do me a favor? A small one. Take your homophobic bullshit, load it into a gun, and blow your fucking nuts off.

Right now, every day, I wake up to see a new thing coming for me and mine with weapons and hate. And this is one place I go where I don't have to deal with it, until fucking now. Yes yes it's just a fucking joke.

Fuck you.

Start rotting, rong.

Hahaha. Now there's a joke, shitbird. Not even the worms will roost in your hate-withered carcass.

You and your ilk are slimy little things I will crush and destroy, one fine day, but for now I'm content to leave you alone so long as you go away, and do irreparable, painful damage to yourself every time you think something bigoted is even a little funny. It is literally the least you could do for me, my demands get increasingly aggressive from here on out.

Leave. And do hurt yourself on the way out, I demand it as payment for the fucking graves you're defiling with your homophobic nonsense.

I'm Hamish Howl and I support every word of the above post.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 07, 2022, 01:33:07 AM
Considering it ended with "why do you keep feeding it," there is no positive reading. There is no point in giving this little creature the benefit of the doubt. He keeps sticking his ass where it isn't wanted and then pretending he's too stupid to think through the consequences of his actions, so he shouldn't have to face them. Well now that they're fucking bombing us and encouraging us to be lined up in front of firing squads, I'm done giving any benefit of the doubt. Homophobia gets the thumbscrews at minimum. He should be /grateful/.

Sorry for fucking up your actually not-terrible topic with this shit, but ... yeah.

He's been a passive-aggressive ass all the years he's been here.
Molon Lube

rong

please choose the response that best conforms to your biases:

1) we all know it's impossible for people to change

2) sorry about that, if you could please provide a list of approved methods of aggression, I'll try to stick to those

3) no, you're the passive aggressive ass, i just try to make jokes but suffer from bad taste

4) this page is important. the opinions of those who post here are important.  only correct opinions will be tolerated.

5) PD doesn't care about your feelings, unless they get hurt by a passive aggressive ass, what a jerk!

rong

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: rong on April 07, 2022, 01:57:40 AM
geeze, cut a guy some slack, would ya?
What have you ever said or done that would earn you any slack?

Quote from: rong on April 07, 2022, 12:55:06 PM
1) we all know it's impossible for people to change
Have you changed?  Do you want to change?  Are you going to change?

i just try to make jokes but suffer from bad taste

Do you suffer from foot-in-mouth disease?  Do you make inappropriate comments that alienate everyone around you?  Do you fear you may be making an idiot of yourself in public?  Do you experience verbal diarrhea?

We have the solution you're looking for!

SHUT UP!

SHUT UP is a revolutionary product, first discovered by Mongolian Bhuddist monks in the Pleistocene epoch, and recently perfected in the laboratory.  SHUT UP is hypoallergenic, nut-free, and gluten free.  Four out of five ascetics have no comment on SHUT UP.

Ask your Doktor if SHUT UP is right for you.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

rong

ArchangelIdiotis

I'll have to read the article, once someone finally digs it up.

In the mean time, it is still my opinion that certain psychedelic drugs temporarily vastly increase the quantity of love experienced by the tripper - while tripping - as a source of the trip.

I suspect people that flip out and go Nazi or bigoted loonie toon were exposed to some kind of Nazi symbolism, or racist symbolism, and experienced spiritual fascination, maybe fell in love with the symbolism. If the psychedelics really do increase love, it would be easier to trigger new attachments.

I think increased love loosening the bonds of the ego (psychedelic love or not) can also induce gullibility. Because the part of you normally imprinted to perceive certain signals as bullshit is turned off, you (I) have to stop every now and then and assess the probability the signal is bullshit apart from instinct.

Cramulus

Quote from: ArchangelIdiotis on April 06, 2022, 09:13:12 PM
I think it is possible to exist all the time on higher circuits. However, I don't know if that would necessarily be a good thing...

Have you ever met anyone permanently operating on a "higher" circuit? I just think about people like Alan Watts.. definitely enlightened in some sense. Still a miserable alchoholic.

I think that "unlocking" the higher circuits represents an increased "capacity", but doesn't necessarily mean you stay there forever. I think that consciousness which includes those "higher circuits" is only possible in certain moments.

QuoteI see the 8 circuits as evolution toward more love.

That's one possible model.

My personal thinking is that they represent an evolution towards more consciousness. That doesn't necessarily lead to more love, but for a lot of people it does.

Because a lot of people live in a selfish, ego-based world.. and psychedellics give some people the potential to taste other modes of being, like being more aware of other people's emotional experiences. This can lead to increased capacity for compassion and empathy. I think that [sensitivity towards others] is an "ahah" moment for many people because we're all conditioned to focus on other things. Maybe that says more about our alienating society than it does about psychedelic drugs.

I always think about that Tim Leary study that RAW cited -- about how people expectations about the psychedelic experience have a huge impact on how it actually works for them. Set and Setting, all that. People who expect to meet god on LSD often do meet god on LSD. People who expect to giggle for 8 hours have exactly that experience. And psychedelics are positioned in our culture as "mind expanding" substances, they are enjoyed by heady people, so maybe this mentally primes us to have these inner experiences.

I am reluctant to attribute any magical powers to the class of drugs itself. I've met a lot of people who think the world would fix itself if everybody just had a mushroom trip together. I disagree strongly; a lot of people are only barely hanging on to this merry-go-round, and all it takes is a little push for them to spin out into space. And as much as psychedelics can dissolve, they also have the potential to calcify and reenforce existing beliefs, deepen identification, and bring the shadow to the surface.

ArchangelIdiotis

QuoteHave you ever met anyone permanently operating on a "higher" circuit?

I haven't opened them up and looked inside. It would be easier for me to describe my personal experience.

I am bias toward the "more love model" because my experiences have opened me up to an unconditional love for all sentient life. I no longer eat meat, I no longer believe in God, and I no longer experience fear/humility (very often). I am almost never depressed, possibly due to learning self-hypnosis from higher circuit activity.

I think it is possible to learn the abilities of the higher circuits at low levels of neural activity (when sober).

I don't necessarily think that anyone who experiences higher circuit activity will move toward more love. I think the experience of entering the higher circuits usually involves a temporary state of increased love, that may not carry over to sobriety. But when it does, sober intoxication is more sustainable.

There may be ample examples of higher circuit activity not resulting from increased love. Ketamine, for example, according to a paper I just skimmed through, doesn't seem to have a very high affinity for serotonin, at least at antidepressant dosages, and it is reputed by RAW to activate the 8th circuit. Serotonin is one postulated explanation of spiritual feelings on psychedelics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5793827/ - the paper

But I feel like there's a value to the model I've presented. It seems to help me to understand higher circuit awareness in a manner practical for exploring consciousness expansion.