News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

A Model of an Immortal Elite, Method of Obtaining Slack

Started by ArchangelIdiotis, April 02, 2022, 04:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on April 05, 2022, 02:44:49 AM
Okay, so I'm gonna let you have a chance to back your ass out of the fire here.

Do you really believe in immortal people, vampires, or any combination of the two?
Do you really believe in an evil cabal of people at the top of all of human existence that dictate all societal outcomes?
Do you really think Greek deities were based on real people who really existed?
Do you really think the right way to deal with societal ills is to eject all societal protections and benefits, to destroy the entire system and if someone couldn't move out of the way of the falling ceiling fast enough, fuck 'em, we'll rebuild on their bones?
What did you think you would get out of this?
Did you get what you wanted?
Are you proud of yourself?
Do you have any plans for how to proceed now?

I think you're chewing on a pillow.  It hasn't a well-defined structure, it will take considerable effort to break it down, and you won't get anything for your trouble but a mouthful of feathers.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Nah, I got what I wanted already, CNO. This sounds like someone confronted with the fact that they're fucking bonkers and trying to modify their position to sound reasonable because they really DO believe their bullshit, but they don't have the spine to go full QAnon and alienate the universe. Too desperate to have conviction, too convinced to let go. No surprises here, and not worth any effort from this point onward.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

ArchangelIdiotis

Quote from: altered on April 05, 2022, 03:51:13 PM
Nah, I got what I wanted already, CNO. This sounds like someone confronted with the fact that they're fucking bonkers and trying to modify their position to sound reasonable because they really DO believe their bullshit, but they don't have the spine to go full QAnon and alienate the universe. Too desperate to have conviction, too convinced to let go. No surprises here, and not worth any effort from this point onward.

Ok, you caught me. I watered down my real opinion when I said, "I'm saying there's a chance."

I think the probability is 70% traditions of drinking blood to get high on adrenaline exist.

QuoteIn Roman times, Pliny wrote about the custom of drinking the blood of gladiators killed in the arena, also for self-improvement.
quote from https://verekeskus.ee/en/donate-blood/history/#:~:text=In%20Roman%20times%2C%20Pliny%20wrote,until%20the%2018th%20century.

So, while historical examples of drinking blood exist, I don't know of any quotable examples of blood-for-adrenaline. But people sniff glue and eat paint thinner, huff gas, just to get high, so I don't see it as a stretch to think ancients might flock to what could have been the world's first speed.

Ultimately, it is none of my business if elites drink blood. I only brought it up because I thought it would generate interest in the telepathic exercise I illustrated.

65% chance ghosts are real, and so an immortal hierarchy has existed because of it.

I was joking about #8. The rest of my answers were just the truth.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on April 05, 2022, 03:51:13 PM

I guess you're right.

....eh, I spent two minutes finding this link, I may as well leave it here.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/535565
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

ArchangelIdiotis

after reading that link, I honestly don't think the probability is above 50% traditions of drinking blood for adrenaline ever existed. Significantly below, actually, so I stand corrected.

Doktor Howl

Man, there's nothin' to do in this stupid town
rope swing's busted, stinking cops always kicking
me out of the park manager of the 7-11 always says
"get off my curb you good for nothing"
all the girls already know I'm a bad kisser so
they don't come anywhere near me I don't know how
many times I've been to TGIF a kid can eat an
onion bloom only so many times bowling's boring,
the skating rink's been taken over by 12 year olds
there ain't no good movies out, blockbuster never
has any good games in I don't want to play Bombad