News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Introductions VIII: Some bad news for new folks

Started by Doktor Howl, April 11, 2022, 07:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: altered on November 22, 2022, 06:50:45 PM
THAT'S what you apologize for. Not mistaking us for the types of people who might cohabitate with Nazis, no, just wasting our time.

Your priorities are warped, and that's me trying to be nice. There's only worse I can say about you. Q-adjacent conspiracist nonsense, thonk-emoji brained schemes you claim to be to hurt the Nazis you're trying to impress and buddy up to. Amazing.

You aren't going to be my new chewtoy only because ultimately your lack of conviction means it wouldn't be any fun. You wouldn't dig your heels in, screech like a howler monkey or shit all over the floor. You'd give puppy-dog eyes and stand down with a meek "yes Curse, of course Curse". My subs put up more of a fuss -- when they want something I'm offering.

You aren't prepared for the future. I mean, no one is, but you're going to have a particularly hard time of it.

This. So much better than I could have said it.
But - same thing. Go fuck yourself.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: ArchangelIdiotis on November 22, 2022, 06:11:04 AM
Anyway, the last thing I have to say on the subject, is my apologies for wasting everyone's time.

What particularly annoys me is that 1.) You tried to run an experiment on us, without our knowledge or consent, and especially 2.) It was a really stupid experiment.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

It's been a few years since "I WAS RUNNING A SOCIOLOGICAL EXPERIMENT AND YOU GUYS DID EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT YOU'D DO."
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

I've been gone that long, I'm basically new again.

Who's left? And if someone could list the current grudges and factions it would speed things up tremendously.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 10, 2022, 12:44:32 AM

Who's left? And if someone could list the current grudges and factions it would speed things up tremendously.
I have a grudge against everyone who left here for Facebook.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Junkenstein

If it's for anything Uncle BadTouch related, then shame. SHAME.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

I ran rong out of town on the back of a billion fundie spam emails. I felt nothing.

Other than that, it seems like it's just the toothiest of us left. If they can smile for anything other than threat signals, they ran away. It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

CNO
Stella
Altered
Suu
Trivial
Cain

and

me.

The factions are, of course, all of THEM against ME, because they know I have access to the world's most questionable sushi, and they want it.  They send the now-unemployed Antignano Brothers around to harass me and try to steal it, but I am much too clever and ate it, even the stuff that hadn't gone past the use-by date that Quiktrip stamped on the plastic wrap.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on December 10, 2022, 02:31:18 AM
I ran rong out of town on the back of a billion fundie spam emails. I felt nothing.

Other than that, it seems like it's just the toothiest of us left. If they can smile for anything other than threat signals, they ran away. It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Newsfeed.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 10, 2022, 02:17:22 PM

CNO
Stella
Altered
Suu
Trivial
Cain

and

me.

The factions are, of course, all of THEM against ME, because they know I have access to the world's most questionable sushi, and they want it.  They send the now-unemployed Antignano Brothers around to harass me and try to steal it, but I am much too clever and ate it, even the stuff that hadn't gone past the use-by date that Quiktrip stamped on the plastic wrap.

I see.

I also see Terry. Terry is the resident workplace ist. 30/40/30 racist, sexist, other ist.

For fun, I brought it up at break, just the concept of sushi. I got 5 minutes of "seahorses are fucked up, yo."  something something gender concept something.

It's fucking insane here.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 11, 2022, 04:39:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 10, 2022, 02:17:22 PM

CNO
Stella
Altered
Suu
Trivial
Cain

and

me.

I see.

I also see Terry. Terry is the resident workplace ist. 30/40/30 racist, sexist, other ist.

For fun, I brought it up at break, just the concept of sushi. I got 5 minutes of "seahorses are fucked up, yo."  something something gender concept something.

It's fucking insane here.

You should move here, where it's normal.  Also, it's the middle of the night and it's still 8 centigrade outside.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

The cave has had adjustments and is now open air. 3 hours into a 12 hour shift. Its. - 3c now.

The Wizard Joseph

It has been effectively over two years since posting with any regularity here, or anywhere but Facebook really. I keep making poetry and memes... Also poememes. I in some ways do not much internally, mentally resemble who I was as 2020 came to a close and I moved in profound desperation to New Orleans where I knew only that it would be warm, and food in great abundance.

I have so far nearly died twice here, once just this last Thanksgiving season from complications of my mRNA "vaccine", a bad case of RSV, and a previously undetected allergy to all food that I have probably had since early childhood at least. The other time was during hurricane Ida when a tree limb big enough to crush the part of the house I was sheltering in missed the house by a foot or so. Moreover I have mutated spiritually in largely beneficial ways just from "ordinary" daily living here and constantly being hip deep in eccentric geniuses to talk to and occasionally befriend. I am at a bit of a loss for the words to articulate it more specifically and so will try to tell a fiction that reflects very real events both internal and external.

The very good news is that I have largely manages to re-integrate myself after the solder saver poisoning in early 2020. I still have unfinished business on that score, but it is nowhere nearly as important as maintaining my current state of well-being. Since changing my diet and other habits I am physically in better condition than ever in my living memory. I have lost about 14+ inches from my waistline in 2 years and cutting all carbohydrates has further thinned my face and extremities by stopping allergic inflammation and water retention. I feel nearly weightless when I walk now, and even at still 385 lbs I can go 5 miles with essentially no breaks and recover in a half hour rest.

I am very glad to be back on pd, dead or not. I have A LOT to say and this is the place for much of it. Good to see you guys!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Scribbly

Quote from: altered on December 10, 2022, 02:31:18 AM

Bolded is very accurate.

Also hi (again?)

I don't know how many folks will remember me. I am a little surprised to find that this place is still alive and kicking, but I'm very glad it is.

Trying to think of a succint way to sum up where I am at these days, uh... I think this is the best I've got:

I'm a trans woman living in Britain who chose 2022 to come out. My capacity for suffering is matched only by my desire to test it. I will make the bastards kill me and it seems they'll be happy to oblige before the decade is out.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

altered

I don't know if we knew each other in my brief time here. I went through a dozen names (Cait, Erin, nullified) before settling on my current name, and I was intermittent and usually in crisis whenever I /was/ here.

But more queers are always welcome in my book, and the British are the enemy of any right thinking person already, so I'm inclined to default to friendliness.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.