News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Introductions VIII: Some bad news for new folks

Started by Doktor Howl, April 11, 2022, 07:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Hello, and welcome to PD.com.  Unfortunately, we're extinct, mostly due to facebook but also because Discordians don't get alone by definition.

You don't have to tell us how zany you are or how fucked up your head is, because we've already been there and done that.  However, you CAN tell us if you want, because we're all dead and won't complain (much).

Anyway, there's a ton of great content buried under 100 tons of angry/bitter bickering, and those nuggets are worth looking for.

Please sign the guest book, using the provided quill and some of Faust's jellied blood (difficult, I know, but it's tradition.)
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Hello, all.
*coughs congealed blood* *pisses dust*
:fap:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

altered

Welcome back! I think we interacted like literally once during the long slow decline of PeeDee.

The Dok's right. The diagnosis is terminal. There's nothing here. It's a fucking wasteland. These days I do most of my evil on Twitter and only come here to say shit that would make Parag Agrawal's head turn into meat confetti like the bit from Scanners.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Anna Mae Bollocks

altered

I do! I don't know about anyone else. I do it out of spite.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

lexi

same - sometimes i think about posting, but then i look at recent posts and it feels like there's nothing of value i can add to the conversation, and so i just close the page because i don't want to shit on a graveyard of more interesting content

Cramulus

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 14, 2022, 09:23:10 PM
Do people at least show up and F5, F5, F5?

From 2007 to, like, 2012? 2014? I checked this forum 10+ times a day.

Now, ten years later, whenever I sit down at a browser, my fingers still automatically type "pr", expecting the rest of the URL to autofill in.

Cramulus

by the way, Hi, I'm Cramulus.

I also run a little Discord server which is also a Discordian Cabal. We're the Aftermathematics Research Cabal. Shoot me a PM if you want an invite. No all spags allowed.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: lexi on April 19, 2022, 06:30:53 PM
same - sometimes i think about posting, but then i look at recent posts and it feels like there's nothing of value i can add to the conversation, and so i just close the page because i don't want to shit on a graveyard of more interesting content

This is wrong.  Graveyards are for shitting, go nuts.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on April 19, 2022, 09:08:05 PM
by the way, Hi, I'm Cramulus.

I also run a little Discord server which is also a Discordian Cabal. We're the Aftermathematics Research Cabal. Shoot me a PM if you want an invite. No all spags allowed.

Am I allowed, or are you still mad about the Friday hotdog in Boston?

*on a serious note, who has the picture of you admonishing me?  I kinda need that.*
Molon Lube

altered

Every graveyard is a toilet if you're not a fucking coward

ArchangelIdiotis

My name is Idiotis, I'm from Va, and I've been a Discordian since around 2002-2003.

I practice the arts and self improvement.

I have been crapping all over the graveyard since I got here.

I am a necromancer-in-training. I swoop down on old, dead threads, inject something inane or insightful, and watch the zombies rise. ...or plan on it, once I find more of the right stuff to sprinkle on the corpses.

:magick:

lexi

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2022, 08:03:02 PM
Quote from: lexi on April 19, 2022, 06:30:53 PM

This is wrong.  Graveyards are for shitting, go nuts.

Great, now we're loitering in a graveyard of consensual shitting. And how is this any better? :argh!:

I quickly regretted that phrasing though. It was an unsuccessful marriage of two similar but distinct concepts:

• respect for the collaborative creative content that came before
  • the recent posts immediately before my post rekindled that same energy, and my repeated response was like: "holy shit, i can't top that - why try?"

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2022, 08:03:02 PM
go nuts.

Been there. Would not recommend.