Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Just 24 hours.  I can do that on my head.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 27, 2022, 07:40:56 PM
What now?

Threatening to beat up the Catholic Church.

I am mighty, and they fear my wrath.
Molon Lube

altered

24 hours says to me that they thought "Well, he probably can't get them all."

Little do they know.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Anna Mae Bollocks

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

EK WAFFLR

I just got permabanned. IP, all my devices. All blocked.  :lulz:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on May 24, 2022, 08:48:26 PM
I just got permabanned. IP, all my devices. All blocked.  :lulz:

What the hell did you do?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

I haven't got the foggiest.

A bunch of people I know from the lifting community got permazucced at the same time without any opportunity to appeal. Guessing there's some algorthitm  run amuck?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on May 25, 2022, 11:59:37 PM

A bunch of people I know from the lifting community got permazucced at the same time without any opportunity to appeal. Guessing there's some algorthitm  run amuck?

That's fucking weird, but not unheard of.  My 78 year old DAD got banned because some MAGA freak didn't like his views and reported him for everything he posted.

My dad being a radical leftist, the outcome was certain.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 26, 2022, 12:41:20 AM
Quote from: EK WAFFLR on May 25, 2022, 11:59:37 PM

That's fucking weird, but not unheard of.  My 78 year old DAD got banned because some MAGA freak didn't like his views and reported him for everything he posted.

My dad being a radical leftist, the outcome was certain.

Zuck blows goats.  :sad:

I got two days for calling a guy a bitch, something I do all the time. I just forgot to change the spelling to "b1tch."
So I'm using an alt, and I get a popup telling me I can't post in groups. No violation of Community Standards, no chance to appeal, no explanation. I can still comment and react. I just can't post OP stuff.

I think that at this point, all the modding is done by glitchy AI. I doubt actual people are involved.

Cain

That's pretty much exactly what is going on. I suspect they have some kind of very narrowly defined criterea where it can get kicked up to an actual human, but since everyone except bots wants their disputes viewed by a human they have to keep it narrow or else they'd be overwhelmed (or they could hire a proper content management department, but that would involve committing to spend money long-term).

I suspect they also don't really want to moderate content effectively, because as soon as they start showing they can they'll have to justify keeping all the bullshit artists, bigots and bots on the website.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 08, 2022, 07:06:24 PM
That's pretty much exactly what is going on. I suspect they have some kind of very narrowly defined criterea where it can get kicked up to an actual human, but since everyone except bots wants their disputes viewed by a human they have to keep it narrow or else they'd be overwhelmed (or they could hire a proper content management department, but that would involve committing to spend money long-term).

I suspect they also don't really want to moderate content effectively, because as soon as they start showing they can they'll have to justify keeping all the bullshit artists, bigots and bots on the website.

Well, yeah.  And getting banned for 3 days over random shit might give people the idea that someone is watching.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

I just appealed a different ban for mocking gun nuts in a comment. I even changed "shoot" to "sh00t."
The appeal worked, but now I'm on post approval for groups. I've talked with two group admins and verified that they didn't put me on that.
So yeah. Something smells funny.

Suu

Bruh I never get a 24 hr ban. It's always 30 days and Zucc fucks my mother.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on August 30, 2022, 03:19:25 AM
Bruh I never get a 24 hr ban. It's always 30 days and Zucc fucks my mother.

Yeah, well, I just had all of my accounts deleted.

This is MY prison yard.
Molon Lube