News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

MAYBE DAY 2022 IS COMING!

Started by Bobby Campbell, June 05, 2022, 07:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

MAYBE DAY 2022 is our 3rd annual virtual celebration of the lives and ideas of Robert Anton Wilson.
There will be a maybe logical explosion of memes that goes live on July 23rd 8:08 AM UTC at www.maybeday.net

We're going to switch things up a bit this year and introduce an old school webring, instead of the digital NT zine.
Everyone is invited & encouraged to share a weblink to the NEW TRAJECTORIES WEBRING!

This accomplishes a few things, including illuminating a path up, over, and beyond the walled gardens of corporate controlled social media platform monopolies, re-releasing the electronic extensions of our nervous systems back into the true wilderness of the world wide web.

I've got like maybe 5 websites I visit anymore, it's ridiculous, I'm ready to visit strange new worlds!
The idea is simple: Make something cool • Share the link • Explore the webring  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

LMK if you need help getting your piece online. Video presentations would be very welcome additions.

You can contact me here or at RGC777@gmail.com

Approximate deadline for submitting links & video presentations is July 18th

Also! As always, in the spirit of Discordians sticking apart, do please feel free & encouraged to create & post Maybe Day content using your own ways and means. A decentralized and self-organizing Maybe Day would be just the thing to keep the lasagna flying onward and upward to ever greater glory.

<3<3<3

bc

ZenPunkist

Always great to be part of anything with you all <3 This kind of reminds me of a website that blew my mind a little after I happened upon MLA, and it looks like they keep adding content: https://fusionanomaly.net/symbiosis.html

Thank you Bobby!
In an all too impermanent existence, the kindest thing you can be is an asshole.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I suspect we'll probably get a lot of writing, images, video, & audio, but it occurs to me that it'd be really cool to do something interactive (ex., with twine).

I may not have time to do anything cool myself, though.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: ZenPunkist on June 06, 2022, 03:30:23 PM
Always great to be part of anything with you all <3 This kind of reminds me of a website that blew my mind a little after I happened upon MLA, and it looks like they keep adding content: https://fusionanomaly.net/symbiosis.html

Thank you Bobby!

I loved fusion anomaly! That's exactly the kind of weird web stuff I'd love to find again  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:
Thanks as always & forever for the enthusiasm ZP!

Quote from: Rococo Modem Basilisk on June 13, 2022, 05:28:03 PM
I suspect we'll probably get a lot of writing, images, video, & audio, but it occurs to me that it'd be really cool to do something interactive (ex., with twine).

I may not have time to do anything cool myself, though.

Something truly interactive would be great, I'll have to check out twine!

I just got a working version of the webring up and running.
I just have a few sample sites up for now, but will populate with sites as they start rolling in.
You can check out the demo here: https://new-trajectories.com/

DoctorWaterloo

Hey there, curious explorers!

I've been in the lab creating a model of reality tunnels that can be carried into our Information Age. I have built upon Leary and RAW's models, pulling from simulation theory, cybernetics, systems theory, linguistics, philosophy, and psychology. It's been about four years in the making and I'm excited to get pieces of it into the world.

On Maybe Day 2022, I'll be releasing a Teaser Booklet PDF to attract fellow creatives who would like to work on the project with me.

For now, I have a website up as a placeholder where you can also connect with the project. The Discord server has most of my notes, a very rough draft, and some art to browse. Feel free to check it out, but please keep the info in the walled garden. (Look, don't share...... yet.)

http://realitytunnels.co

Take Care & Stay Weird.

DRW

ArchangelIdiotis

just one day to go until maybe day!

Bobby Campbell

Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but Maybe Day did indeed arrive  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

www.maybeday.net

A-guest1

2:34PM

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on July 24, 2022, 10:00:13 PM
Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but Maybe Day did indeed arrive  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

www.maybeday.net

A-guest1