News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Just to all the American Spags

Started by Faust, June 28, 2022, 05:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Five years ago if you told me there was going to be a systematic and targeted attack, dismantling of women's / LGBT / Minority rights I would have taken it as a bit of hyperbole.
Now I would be surprised if interracial marriage is still legal within the next two years.

I am terrified at the thought of any developed nation, deliberately driving its own populace to poverty, and embracing full on fundamentalist values but here we are.

Be safe, wherever you are.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 28, 2022, 05:08:05 PM
Five years ago if you told me there was going to be a systematic and targeted attack, dismantling of women's / LGBT / Minority rights I would have taken it as a bit of hyperbole.
Now I would be surprised if interracial marriage is still legal within the next two years.

I am terrified at the thought of any developed nation, deliberately driving its own populace to poverty, and embracing full on fundamentalist values but here we are.

Be safe, wherever you are.

I do recall forseeing this all back in 2002/2003 on this very board.

I thought I was going a little over the top, but it turns out my bitter pessimism was actually idiotic optimism.
Molon Lube

Bruno

I think things are going to get worse before they get better.

I also think the getting better part probably won't happen until after I'm gone.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bruno

I mean, eventually the sun will explode which will probably be an improvement.
Formerly something else...

Anna Mae Bollocks

Welcome to the New Inquisition(TM). Not the one RAW wrote about. More like the old Inquisition.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division