News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

More things I notice, as I notice them.

Started by Doktor Howl, September 07, 2022, 03:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

1.  In Voyager, 7 of 9 is rescued from the Borg.  First they take off most of her cybernetics.  Then they make her wear a skin-tight bodysuit.  So she has gone from cyborg to fan-service cheesecake. 

2.  Also, the prime directive can be interpreted to mean, "Don't help victims of car accidents.  You have to let things develop on their own."

Conclusion:  Star Fleet aren't the good guys.

3.  Until 2022, the Ukraine was just an annoying country to invade in the board game "Risk".  Now it's an annoying country to invade in real life.  Which makes me wonder what Greenland is going to be like in a few years.

4.  Biden needs a red background for ALL of his speeches, because it freaks the MAGA crowd out.

5.  Since the Iranians have been swiping our ocean-going drones, maybe we should make one out of pressed RDX.  Then when the pitot tube on the bottom of the hull stops registering water, it waits 15 minutes, then starts hollering "I'M A 30 SECOND BOMB!  29 28 27..."  Then bang.  Party favors.

6.  Despite having done it for 250 years, Americans have really never owned "Because fuck you, that's why."

7.  Despite having done it for 30 years, Canadians have never really owned poutine.

8.  Despite missing some people, I am happier without Facebook.  I am happier because the forums I go to are moderated by human beings, who are generally shit, but at least I'm not being conditioned by badly-written software.

9.  That makes me wonder if Hal wouldn't open the pod bay doors because David Bowman had violated community standards.

10.  The thing that bothers me most about the man-baby open-carry thing with the rifles is that it seems totally half-assed.  Impress me.  Carry a bazooka when you go to get your latte.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 07, 2022, 03:51:25 AM
1.  In Voyager, 7 of 9 is rescued from the Borg.  First they take off most of her cybernetics.  Then they make her wear a skin-tight bodysuit.  So she has gone from cyborg to fan-service cheesecake. 

2.  Also, the prime directive can be interpreted to mean, "Don't help victims of car accidents.  You have to let things develop on their own."

3.  Until 2022, the Ukraine was just an annoying country to invade in the board game "Risk".  Now it's an annoying country to invade in real life.  Which makes me wonder what Greenland is going to be like in a few years.

4.  Biden needs a red background for ALL of his speeches, because it freaks the MAGA crowd out.

5.  Since the Iranians have been swiping our ocean-going drones, maybe we should make one out of pressed RDX.  Then when the pitot tube on the bottom of the hull stops registering water, it waits 15 minutes, then starts hollering "I'M A 30 SECOND BOMB!  29 28 27..."  Then bang.  Party favors.

6.  Despite having done it for 250 years, Americans have really never owned "Because fuck you, that's why."

7.  Despite having done it for 30 years, Canadians have never really owned poutine.

8.  Despite missing some people, I am happier without Facebook.  I am happier because the forums I go to are moderated by human beings, who are generally shit, but at least I'm not being conditioned by badly-written software.

9.  That makes me wonder if Hal wouldn't open the pod bay doors because David Bowman had violated community standards.

10.  The thing that bothers me most about the man-baby open-carry thing with the rifles is that it seems totally half-assed.  Impress me.  Carry a bazooka when you go to get your latte.

1: Okay but how else do we get the masculine mens to watch a Trek show with a female captain? Could you imagine if this debuted now during the age of social media? They can't even handle black proto-hobbits.

2: Sadly succinct.

3: I mean, I wouldn't fuck with Greenland.

4: The kicker is that there was also blue, but it doesn't make it as funny.

5: I just read this out loud to Jeff and the man grinned like a fucking crocodile.

6: Some things are better off not patenting.

7: Not when Pennsylvania calls them Disco Fries.

8: Facebook is cockandballs and I'm only still there to piss off the right people and get banned every 28 days for 30 days.

9: ...Fuck.

10: NLAW or GTFO
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Starfleet is just a propaganda op for Section 31, the real armed forces of the Federation.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2022, 03:24:26 AM
Starfleet is just a propaganda op for Section 31, the real armed forces of the Federation.

And I thought *I* was being Captain Sunshine, here.   :lulz:

:cainftw: :cainftw: :cainftw:
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

When I was a kid*, "The Omega Glory" confused the hell out of me.  A bunch of peaceful villagers are being attacked by hordes of savage cavemen, but it's wrong to protect them because...prime directive?  And it turns out that the ultra-violent savages are actually the good guys, because their holy words are a garbled version of the American Constitution that they don't even understand, and the peaceful villagers were descendants of communists, or something?

*It still confuses me.  It's like...it should be satire, but it doesn't seem to be?  Am I a victim of Poe's Law?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2022, 03:26:42 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2022, 03:24:26 AM

And I thought *I* was being Captain Sunshine, here.   :lulz:

:cainftw: :cainftw: :cainftw:

The last few years of living in the UK have honed my cynicism to newfound depths, rarely seen by man or god. I just think to myself "what's the most cynical and self-serving explanation for this" and then watch as the Cabinet proves me right, time and time again.

Trivial

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 08, 2022, 03:49:45 AM

When I was a kid*, "The Omega Glory" confused the hell out of me.  A bunch of peaceful villagers are being attacked by hordes of savage cavemen, but it's wrong to protect them because...prime directive?  And it turns out that the ultra-violent savages are actually the good guys, because their holy words are a garbled version of the American Constitution that they don't even understand, and the peaceful villagers were descendants of communists, or something?

*It still confuses me.  It's like...it should be satire, but it doesn't seem to be?  Am I a victim of Poe's Law?

Huh, I never took it that they were the good guys, that their problem is they never understood what they were fighting about.  But then again the Comms were invaders.  And the again it had been so long the Comms now aren't the same ones that took over so we're back to the first point.

Eh.

It's up there  with the one where the tall alien lady didn't want her baby, like that was supposed to be the point of the episode according to DC Fontana, but the episode's story got rewritten to much later in pregnancy and McCoy got to McCoy a lot.

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Dildo Argentino

No. 8, and so much.

If you were to launch some kind of an international single-issue movement with the hashtag #heyzuckyouassholegiveusourrawfeeds, how would you go about it? What I want from Facebook is all the posts of all my friends, time-stamped. Some tools to do my own filtering would be nice, but I think that stuff would grow out of the ground if it were planted with raw feed.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis