Principia Discordia > Apple Talk

More things I notice, as I notice them.

<< < (2/2)

Cain:

--- Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2022, 03:26:42 am ---
--- Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2022, 03:24:26 am ---Starfleet is just a propaganda op for Section 31, the real armed forces of the Federation.

--- End quote ---

And I thought *I* was being Captain Sunshine, here.   :lulz:

:cainftw: :cainftw: :cainftw:

--- End quote ---

The last few years of living in the UK have honed my cynicism to newfound depths, rarely seen by man or god. I just think to myself "what's the most cynical and self-serving explanation for this" and then watch as the Cabinet proves me right, time and time again.

Trivial:

--- Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 08, 2022, 03:49:45 am ---
--- Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 07, 2022, 03:51:25 am ---1.  In Voyager, 7 of 9 is rescued from the Borg.  First they take off most of her cybernetics.  Then they make her wear a skin-tight bodysuit.  So she has gone from cyborg to fan-service cheesecake. 

2.  Also, the prime directive can be interpreted to mean, "Don't help victims of car accidents.  You have to let things develop on their own."

Conclusion:  Star Fleet aren't the good guys.

--- End quote ---

When I was a kid*, "The Omega Glory" confused the hell out of me.  A bunch of peaceful villagers are being attacked by hordes of savage cavemen, but it's wrong to protect them because...prime directive?  And it turns out that the ultra-violent savages are actually the good guys, because their holy words are a garbled version of the American Constitution that they don't even understand, and the peaceful villagers were descendants of communists, or something?

*It still confuses me.  It's like...it should be satire, but it doesn't seem to be?  Am I a victim of Poe's Law?

--- End quote ---

Huh, I never took it that they were the good guys, that their problem is they never understood what they were fighting about.  But then again the Comms were invaders.  And the again it had been so long the Comms now aren't the same ones that took over so we're back to the first point.

Eh.

It's up there  with the one where the tall alien lady didn't want her baby, like that was supposed to be the point of the episode according to DC Fontana, but the episode's story got rewritten to much later in pregnancy and McCoy got to McCoy a lot.

Dildo Argentino:
No. 8, and so much.

If you were to launch some kind of an international single-issue movement with the hashtag #heyzuckyouassholegiveusourrawfeeds, how would you go about it? What I want from Facebook is all the posts of all my friends, time-stamped. Some tools to do my own filtering would be nice, but I think that stuff would grow out of the ground if it were planted with raw feed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version