News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Elon Musk to Purchase Niche Fetish Site PrincipiaDiscordia.com for Record $16

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 20, 2022, 05:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

It wasn't about the money. I said I didn't think much of him, once, in passing here. Well a manhole cover slid open and out he popped looking heartbroken. He's been showing up at my home begging me to hang out, look at his jacket etc.
It's become a neusance, I agreed to sell him the site on the condition he stops begging me to like him
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

He'll never stop. Which you and I both know is a breach of contract, but he doesn't know what that is.

Cain

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on November 20, 2022, 11:08:20 PM
He'll never stop. Which you and I both know is a breach of contract, but he doesn't know what that is.

If you'd said that a week or two ago, I might have doubted you.

But Elon, with his own words, has convinced me that he is utterly incompetent when it comes to management, software development, or running a social media company, and that he is blissfully unaware of that incompetence.

Why shouldn't he be ignorant of basic law as well?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

So, when Elon switches PD to a pay-per-post model, where are we remaining denizens exodizing to?

himeobs.org seems like a lovely candidate, and I suspect that one of you already owns it.  And if not, well, party-crashing is a discordian tradition.

altered

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 21, 2022, 03:45:31 AM
Quote from: altered on November 20, 2022, 11:08:20 PM

If you'd said that a week or two ago, I might have doubted you.

But Elon, with his own words, has convinced me that he is utterly incompetent when it comes to management, software development, or running a social media company, and that he is blissfully unaware of that incompetence.

Why shouldn't he be ignorant of basic law as well?

Oh, I have something good for you. https://twitter.com/Palle_Hoffstein/status/1594371817107505154

Faust

Quote from: Cain on November 21, 2022, 12:47:33 AM
You should have at least held out to where he turned up to your house with his own sink.

This is the equivalent  of gamer culture where they get a cowboy hat, pipe or other prop to carry around with them, desperate for someone to ask about it
Sleepless nights at the chateau

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on November 21, 2022, 04:38:41 AM
Oh, I have something good for you. https://twitter.com/Palle_Hoffstein/status/1594371817107505154

Sweet merciless Goddess.  He's making the kinds of mistakes I would expect if someone was promoted into upper management fresh out of college.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on November 21, 2022, 12:31:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 21, 2022, 12:47:33 AM
You should have at least held out to where he turned up to your house with his own sink.

This is the equivalent  of gamer culture where they get a cowboy hat, pipe or other prop to carry around with them, desperate for someone to ask about it

Oh yes. Given how many of them are fans of declaring things "cringe", so many of fans somehow don't see this behaviour as absolutely cringeworthy.

Cain

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 21, 2022, 02:07:14 PM
Quote from: altered on November 21, 2022, 04:38:41 AM

Sweet merciless Goddess.  He's making the kinds of mistakes I would expect if someone was promoted into upper management fresh out of college.

He seems to think that because Twitter is HQ'd in California, California labour laws apply globally.

Which is, uh, an interesting legal interpretation, as my solicitor friends would say.