News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

They're coming for you.

Started by altered, November 24, 2022, 03:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Paxton should have been in prison like, eight years ago anyway. And nobody's stepping in to make that happen or stop this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

altered

Quote from: Suu (parody account) on December 21, 2022, 12:32:27 AM
Quote from: altered on November 24, 2022, 03:17:32 AM
I expect full-blown pogroms soon. Not "next couple years" soon, either.

I've been saying this for the last couple of years and nobody wants to believe me. Once Joanne Rowling came out as full blown TERF and you watched the seas part on social media, it was clear where this was going. I honestly fucking think the straights were salivating at the idea of monkeypox being the next AIDS, they want genocide.

This isn't fucking funny and I am not being dramatic, dammit. All part of why I want the fuck out of this country as soon as I can.

I kept my mouth shut when I saw the writing on the wall in 2018. A trans woman got approved for asylum in NZ because of how bad things were in the UK. That's when I knew the US was definitely going to go further. We always try to outdo the rest of the world when it comes to pointless cruelty, it's all we have in our blood.

I've been yelling for the past year or so. I saw Club Q coming a year prior, and LoTT or an identical stochastic terrorism nexus was practically a given from the start of the pandemic. Moore County was apparently a test run by former parts of Atomwaffen and certainly specifically targeted drag events in particular.

And yeah, obviously they don't give a fuck. But I want them to have to fucking say it. I want them to announce they're my enemy. I want them to make it real clear what they're about.

Anyway, I can never leave. I'm too poor, too disabled, too dregs-of-the-societal-scum-heap for anyone to take me. I'm stuck here until I die.

All I'm saying is that I intend to go down hard and make people have regrets.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Suu

Quote from: altered on December 21, 2022, 09:48:41 PM
Quote from: Suu (parody account) on December 21, 2022, 12:32:27 AM
Quote from: altered on November 24, 2022, 03:17:32 AM
I expect full-blown pogroms soon. Not "next couple years" soon, either.

I've been saying this for the last couple of years and nobody wants to believe me. Once Joanne Rowling came out as full blown TERF and you watched the seas part on social media, it was clear where this was going. I honestly fucking think the straights were salivating at the idea of monkeypox being the next AIDS, they want genocide.

This isn't fucking funny and I am not being dramatic, dammit. All part of why I want the fuck out of this country as soon as I can.

I kept my mouth shut when I saw the writing on the wall in 2018. A trans woman got approved for asylum in NZ because of how bad things were in the UK. That's when I knew the US was definitely going to go further. We always try to outdo the rest of the world when it comes to pointless cruelty, it's all we have in our blood.

I've been yelling for the past year or so. I saw Club Q coming a year prior, and LoTT or an identical stochastic terrorism nexus was practically a given from the start of the pandemic. Moore County was apparently a test run by former parts of Atomwaffen and certainly specifically targeted drag events in particular.

And yeah, obviously they don't give a fuck. But I want them to have to fucking say it. I want them to announce they're my enemy. I want them to make it real clear what they're about.

Anyway, I can never leave. I'm too poor, too disabled, too dregs-of-the-societal-scum-heap for anyone to take me. I'm stuck here until I die.

All I'm saying is that I intend to go down hard and make people have regrets.

Strap up. Not even kidding. I mean, what are they gonna do? Actually pass gun laws? And if they try discriminatory laws, the Hague is going to pay attention really fucking fast.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

altered

I'm saying nothing but noting that I have a long-standing interest in firearms design and understand all of the engineering principles involved, down to the ergonomics.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Scribbly

Something it's worth keeping in mind in the UK:

Our self defence laws are not as clearly defined as many other countries.

Essentially, a major factor in whether the force used to defend yourself is 'proportional' is whether you do what is 'honestly and instinctively necessary' to do so.

Carrying something which is then used as a weapon opens the door for the police to decide that you were not acting instinctively; you were carrying a weapon with the premeditated desire to use it, at which point they may decide that you rather than or as well as your assailant have a case to answer.

This is obviously a very wooly area but particularly as a marginalised person in the UK it is worth being aware of the risks of going armed, even though theoretically it is legal to carry a knife under three inches in length, a sturdy walking stick etc. The authorities do not tend to extend the benefit of the doubt to our communities, regardless of what guidelines say.

I am emphatically not advising that we should disarm ourselves. By the time it gets to court it is highly likely that cases such as this will be thrown out - but it is also fair to say that UK prisons are not a kind place for many people even for very short stays and that limiting contact with the police altogether is often the best advice when looking to keep yourself safe.

I am saying though that if you are preparing for situations where you may be forced to defend yourself it is also important to consider how the police will view the methods used (likely in the most uncharitable light possible) and how much effort they will want to put into talking to you after the fact when you have successfully gotten yourself to safety.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

altered

In the USA, guns are legal to carry around, and that's only going to get easier as these fools have their way with the legal apparatus.

In the USA, we also have mass shootings, far-right extremists in law enforcement, and a now-regular series of domestic terrorist attacks on power substations. Oh yeah, more of those yesterday, up in Washington.

One day soon, someone you know in the US (and this goes for anyone and everyone) is going to be in one of those blackouts. And if they're outspoken and queer, black, far-left or any other number of acceptable target identities, a year or two down the line it's about 50/50 they don't survive to see the power come back. So in the US, going armed isn't an optional thing. They're coming for us.  Not being armed or part of a robust defensive infrastructure (e.g. surrounded by people who ARE armed and on your side) is itself suicide now.

Some of my partners, many friends, and countless other possible targets are at risk of suicide if they have access to self-defense tools, so I'm all too aware there's large numbers of people in the same boat I am who will still be going unarmed, because murder by Proud Boy is a possibility, but suicide by handgun is a certainty. But if no one around here arms up, no one will be left to give those people a chance.

The UK, of course, is a different beast.

Suu

Quote from: Scribbly on December 26, 2022, 08:14:43 PM
Something it's worth keeping in mind in the UK:

Our self defence laws are not as clearly defined as many other countries.

Essentially, a major factor in whether the force used to defend yourself is 'proportional' is whether you do what is 'honestly and instinctively necessary' to do so.

Carrying something which is then used as a weapon opens the door for the police to decide that you were not acting instinctively; you were carrying a weapon with the premeditated desire to use it, at which point they may decide that you rather than or as well as your assailant have a case to answer.

This is obviously a very wooly area but particularly as a marginalised person in the UK it is worth being aware of the risks of going armed, even though theoretically it is legal to carry a knife under three inches in length, a sturdy walking stick etc. The authorities do not tend to extend the benefit of the doubt to our communities, regardless of what guidelines say.

I am emphatically not advising that we should disarm ourselves. By the time it gets to court it is highly likely that cases such as this will be thrown out - but it is also fair to say that UK prisons are not a kind place for many people even for very short stays and that limiting contact with the police altogether is often the best advice when looking to keep yourself safe.

I am saying though that if you are preparing for situations where you may be forced to defend yourself it is also important to consider how the police will view the methods used (likely in the most uncharitable light possible) and how much effort they will want to put into talking to you after the fact when you have successfully gotten yourself to safety.

Nothing a roll of coins in a tube sock can't solve. Keep both socks in your bag with you at all times. And another roll or two of coins. You now have evidence it wasn't premeditated. You were going to the bank to cash in your change, and like to keep extra socks on you just in case it rains.

Here, I recommend keeping a baseball bat in your car, along with a glove and a ball or two. You were on your way to batting practice.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Scribbly

Yup. I'd give more examples but you know... KYMS.

QuestionsTheSoil

People are getting more and more open about wanting trans people like me dead or institutionalized.

Everything keeps getting worse.
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

altered

As I described a few years back, exploring my personal association with monstrosity:

"You're a baby lost in a hostile environment of soft meat beasts and labyrinthine tunnels, all trying to kill you. You have acid blood and teeth and claws but they have assault rifles and hate. Your life will be brutish and short if you don't do unto them first."

We're the xenomorphs in the vents.

altered

I haven't been keeping this up to date, because I have come to realize that generally people already are too goddamn aware, or they don't believe it until they see it aiming at them.

See, I am sure some of you thought the title of this thread referred to those of you who are like me. They're coming for Us Weirdo Trannies. Right?

Oh no. They're coming for you personally. Do take a look.

https://legiscan.com/TN/text/HB0878/id/2670622

Read the text. It's like 3 lines, in big font, double-spaced. Read the whole thing. Read it again.

So, while all of this is happening, what exactly are /you/ doing? Oh, I see.

Scribbly

Yeah. I haven't been keeping UK TERFwatch up to date either for similar reasons.

They spent most of last year firing shots.

Now they've openly declared war.

I can see how it goes from here and at this point I don't see any changing that.

altered

Hey, remember when a disabled autistic it/its furry transfem leaked the TSA no-fly list? Look what it found now!

https://maia.crimew.gay/posts/the-emails/

Now will the NYT report on this? No. Of course not. Nor will any of the TERFy rags of the UK. This will have no broader repercussions at all. This will hurt no careers, it will do no damage, it will be buried with all the pomp and circumstance of a mouse turd in a cereal box.

But it's there.

QuestionsTheSoil

They'll strike at you, and then say "you started it."
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

lexi

Quote from: altered on March 08, 2023, 05:47:22 PM
Hey, remember when a disabled autistic it/its furry transfem leaked the TSA no-fly list? Look what it found now!

https://maia.crimew.gay/posts/the-emails/

Now will the NYT report on this? No. Of course not. Nor will any of the TERFy rags of the UK. This will have no broader repercussions at all. This will hurt no careers, it will do no damage, it will be buried with all the pomp and circumstance of a mouse turd in a cereal box.

But it's there.

yup. none of this requires a degree in journalism to find. read another article posing as news today which gleefully repeated anti-trans talking points from SEGM. who are they i wonder without any wonder, and yeah, this was on the first search page result for just "SEGM" without any additional terms: https://transsafety.network/posts/segm-uncovered/

journalism is under threat from its own ranks only - they don't want to acknowledge that war either