News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

They're coming for you.

Started by altered, November 24, 2022, 03:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Think it was also referenced in the psychos manifesto but I could be wrong about that
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'd have to see it for myself, and of course they haven't released it. I just keep finding things like this:

"We have a manifesto," Drake told reporters. "We have some writings that we're going over that pertain to this date, the actual incident. We have a map drawn out of how all this was gonna take place."

"There's right now a theory that we may be able to talk about later, but it's not confirmed," he added. "So, we'll put that out as soon as we can."

Drake hinted that one theory on the motive may involve Hale's transgender identity. While police identified Hale as a woman, some of the shooter's social media profiles suggest that Hale may have used he/him pronouns.

https://www.newsweek.com/audrey-hales-manifesto-reveals-details-about-targeted-attack-1790687

So essentially, some cops in Nashville have a manifesto (that we can't see) and a theory based on "he/him" on a social media profile.
I did find a photo of her in mens' clothes (tie, etc.) But not everyone who does that identifies as trans, obviously.

I still feel like they're spinning the fuck out of this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Faust

Yeah im sceptical too, so I watched the school viid, the attacker is in men's clothes but unless the manifesto says: I am doing this in part or because (something related to being trans) its only part of the story.

It could be entirely coincidental and not part of the motivation of the attacker and used to overshadow the barbaric attack. Hopefully they will publish it even if that means giving these cowards a platform

Someone pointed out the leading cause of death in the USA for under 12s is gunshots, passed out car crashes in 2020. No ones discussing that

Anna Mae Bollocks

I never see it mentioned outside of blue spaces.
Except once. Somehow FOX let this lady slip past the censors.  :lulz:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1640406172573351943
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Scribbly

I hate to say it but this is one of those instances where the truth doesn't matter. It's out there now. It can't be taken back.

Fucking terrified of what the revenge attacks this inspires are going to look like.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Faust

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on March 28, 2023, 07:42:48 PM
I never see it mentioned outside of blue spaces.
Except once. Somehow FOX let this lady slip past the censors.  :lulz:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1640406172573351943
Lol Charlton Heston will climb out of whatever salted earth he was buried in and force a rifle into her hands

Faust

Quote from: Scribbly on March 28, 2023, 08:13:32 PM
I hate to say it but this is one of those instances where the truth doesn't matter. It's out there now. It can't be taken back.

Fucking terrified of what the revenge attacks this inspires are going to look like.

If not retaliatory attacks: the already looming in background "transgender = mental illness" crowd with use it to push through more controls more hurdles, more hoops and they won't find much resistance

altered

I say look at history. Historically, what happens when a marginalized group is even accused of having one of their members commit a crime against children?

I sincerely suspect I will have someone I know be targeted with intent to kill in the near future. Before year's end.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Well, by now I'm sure you all know the Dems sold us out to the bigots.

I was on team "Biden, because the other option is worse" in 2020, but it really is indistinguishable now. Biden says "okay, sure, go ahead and discriminate against trans children" the same week that a state passes genital inspections of children.

My activism was very much focused on trying to support the existence of electoral change alongside violent agitators, because that's how you get results.

There's just one problem. Right now, electoral change is so incremental that it is BACKPEDALING. It is literally giving the enemy what they want and shrugging, in, charitably, the hope they will do nothing with that power. (Uncharitably and far more realistically, it's because they don't care enough about minorities to save them rather than sell out to fascists.)

It's very likely I will not survive to see the election. And the election after next is a pipe dream: there almost certainly won't be one, whether because of open civil war or because the GOP has installed a Christofascist dictator for life.

So I hope everyone realizes that my abandonment of incrementalist progress in favor of out-right accelerationism right now, to tear down the burning building rather than try to calm the flames, is because the roof is collapsing NOW. There is no time to go back in again and save more people, we have to try and stop the fire from getting everyone who already is on their way out. They won't be there to save if we take our time.

It's the trolley problem writ large. If we keep doing what we've been doing, everyone we want to save will be dead. We might be able to stop them from being genocided if we treat this like what it fucking is.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

(This isn't "vote for the bad guys" accelerationism, by the way. It's "vote with [REDACTED].")

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on March 29, 2023, 01:28:02 AM
I say look at history. Historically, what happens when a marginalized group is even accused of having one of their members commit a crime against children?

I sincerely suspect I will have someone I know be targeted with intent to kill in the near future. Before year's end.

Or maybe just your doctor.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-transgender-UNC-Duke-644667457768?utm_source=ForYou&utm_medium=HomePage&utm_id=Taboola
Molon Lube

altered

The docs are gonna die first, absolutely. But that won't stop trans people from existing, they'll just get their shit done in other countries.

So they'll have to start coming for us directly. I genuinely expect to find out a partner, metamour or dear friend got a loaded gun pointed at them before Christmas. Coin-flip odds the gun gets fired, and another coinflip between "warning shots" and "aimed fire".

Scribbly

I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.