News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

They're coming for you.

Started by altered, November 24, 2022, 03:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

We all knew that, but they've finally decided to put their back into it.

The latest anti-queer targeted attack has the father of the perpetrator on camera saying he's just relieved his son isn't gay. Making a point of saying he taught his son to be violent, because it's what works. Sounded proud, damn near.

And all the usual fools, politicians and talking heads alike, aren't saying thoughts and prayers. Not this time. They're looking for more. And the Dems won't even call it what it is: a blatantly targeted attack on the queer community.

I can't get out, so I really hope everyone else stuck on this boat with me is also ready to scrap like it's Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

I expect full-blown pogroms soon. Not "next couple years" soon, either.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Agreed. The rhetoric around this attack has been highly disturbing. Rather than disassociate themselves from the attacker, popular commentators have outright defended his actions and tried to justify them.

Twitter's probably going to end up being the Radio Rwanda of this too, when it happens. "LibsofTikTok" published information on another act in Colorado mere hours after the first attack, the implication being clear, "do them in too". With Musk dropping all protections for trans people from the platform (with deliberate malice in mind) there's going to be a concerted online effort to radicalise people who are already on the edge of violence.

This will not end well.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

lexi

the head of twitter already "exiled" their own trans kid who wanted no association. twitter now does the same to us

when i saw this three months ago i still held some hope it wasn't necessary

options seem to be: declare the war they started, or they pick us off one by one

i've felt relatively safe walking the streets the last two years, but how long until i can say that again

altered

They're trying to make a list of us in Texas. A secret list. They're going to register us. I'm not even exaggerating.

https://archive.ph/YYI7V

When do people realize this is preliminary work toward genocide?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Jesus, things are accelerating much faster then I expected, stay safe out there guys
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

A small mercy for Cain's worry of Twitter being the Radio Rwanda of the trans genocide: Musk banned posting out to any major social media platform today (NO FACEBOOK! NO INSTAGRAM!) and many of the smaller Twitter-replacements (with Truth Social singled out even, the man is divorced from fucking Donald) -- including using things like Linktrees.

The platform probably dies an ignominious death before winter's end. And if Musk isn't vigorously ejected from the companies with government contracts, it'll be a Christmas miracle -- no one is putting anything behind a man who violates anti-trust law on a fucking social media site.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on December 18, 2022, 06:59:42 PM
A small mercy for Cain's worry of Twitter being the Radio Rwanda of the trans genocide: Musk banned posting out to any major social media platform today (NO FACEBOOK! NO INSTAGRAM!) and many of the smaller Twitter-replacements (with Truth Social singled out even, the man is divorced from fucking Donald) -- including using things like Linktrees.

The platform probably dies an ignominious death before winter's end. And if Musk isn't vigorously ejected from the companies with government contracts, it'll be a Christmas miracle -- no one is putting anything behind a man who violates anti-trust law on a fucking social media site.

Holy shit.  That man is a fucking IDIOT.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

He really does make Howard Hughes and his piss jars look rational.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

As someone on Facebook mentioned, this is the "don't link to any other forums" move every admin of every dying forum tries to pull.

It's a fucking death spiral now. He's banning critical journalists and doing other dumb shit, but it doesn't really matter now.

altered

It turns out you can in fact buy laughter like this. It's very expensive and you don't get to join in the fun, but you can buy it.

Bruno

He can make that poll say whatever he wants it to say. This seems like it's just a way for him to step down while saving face.
Formerly something else...

Cain

The new policy has been scrubbed from the Twitter support profile and Twitter policy webpage, btw

Suu

Quote from: altered on November 24, 2022, 03:17:32 AM
I expect full-blown pogroms soon. Not "next couple years" soon, either.

I've been saying this for the last couple of years and nobody wants to believe me. Once Joanne Rowling came out as full blown TERF and you watched the seas part on social media, it was clear where this was going. I honestly fucking think the straights were salivating at the idea of monkeypox being the next AIDS, they want genocide.

This isn't fucking funny and I am not being dramatic, dammit. All part of why I want the fuck out of this country as soon as I can.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: altered on December 16, 2022, 07:17:26 PM
They're trying to make a list of us in Texas. A secret list. They're going to register us. I'm not even exaggerating.

https://archive.ph/YYI7V

When do people realize this is preliminary work toward genocide?

They already know, that's why nothing is happening.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."