News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

YouTube?

Started by Scribbly, December 28, 2022, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

Thanks for the tips! Definitely all helpful.

I'm still not quite there on the voice thing but I think I'll get there with a bit more practice. It's a pain and I'm starting to see why 'content creators' burn out making themselves do this shit daily/weekly. I'm definitely going to take this at my own pace.

May just work around the other visual aspect by doing voiceover on royalty free clips / relevant news clips / good images rather than appearing myself on camera at all. Aside from my own issues with my appearance, I think that might be more entertaining than the costume anyway.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

altered

For the first video or two it might not get you anything, but you can also ask other content creators if they'd like to pitch in to do bits and pieces for e.g. sight gags. If you get lucky and get someone with an established audience interested early, it can get you a big boost in terms of initial viewership, which is critical to growing further. Lots of content creators fucking suck, but there's enough good ones out there.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Scribbly

After struggling with this for a few more weeks I'm cooling on the idea of following through with the videos for a few reasons.

Seems a shame to let the scripts go to waste though, so I might rework them into more of an essay format.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.