Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Local 73rd Hermits Cabal

Started by Tinfoilment, January 24, 2023, 06:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Tinfoilment on March 04, 2023, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 03, 2023, 02:34:54 PM
You think calling yourself a discordian should place you above criticism?  You can spout whatever nonsense you like, and everyone is expected to sit by and nod in silent reverence at your profundity?
Yes.
Wow, you really have no idea what discordianism is, do you?  Discordianism is about criticizing everything, especially itself.  If you cannot step back and see your own dogmas for what they are, then you are as much a cabbage as anyone.

Who cares?  The PD may have been appropriate for the sixties, but that style of "enlightenment" doesn't land well today.
:kingmeh:   You are rejecting something "old" in its own house, for being too old.  You are also rejecting a new religion mod for being too new.
I'm not rejecting PD for being old, I'm rejecting your brain-dead idea that because some book has nonsense in it, that this somehow makes your nonsense worthwhile.

Therefore, yes, Discordians are infallable.
You are obviously fallible (see extensive evidence, above); therefore, you are not discordian.

What if your writing is incoherent to the point of being incomprehensible?  Do you even want to improve your "atrophied forum ability", or is it just an excuse?
Not really.  I may buy a new computer merely to continue this troll argument properly.
Your computer isn't the problem, it's your brain.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Scribbly

Oh no, it's one of those people who read "All things are true, even false things" and walked away thinking that every perspective is equally valid.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Tinfoilment

The fifth hour of the twenty-third day of the fifth month of the twenty-third year.

Tinfoilment

Tinfoilment

word salad is a valuable ingredient.   

To be collected as the subtile lanes of madness, to be rearranged as magical orations, to be recited during ritual.
Word salad being True and False; because it is usually about real things, but also hyped into a science fiction level.

corresponding with Zarathud because Bureaucracy
but what about the vampire Malkav being the patron of word salad ?
just write the word salad with blood

Tinfoilment

めဆヲအ၈ム၉ုဂたイဤ၏レ၍အルワထနြ၉   :kingmeh:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Tinfoilment on June 09, 2023, 08:40:41 AM
word salad is a valuable ingredient.   

It's boring.  Sorry, but that's what it is.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: altered on January 26, 2023, 07:08:30 PM
Not to mention infrastructure.

Any city older than a century has infrastructural chaos on a scale you couldn't imagine if you were shown it. Everything looks nice and neat shown in isolation, but you add a single other datapoint and it's over for your conceived notions of shit making sense. The water mains were laid in before electrification, and in some cases before sewage. None of the three have anything to do with each other, except when they do, and system failures in those areas are spectacular. Transit infrastructure was built wherever the fuck it fit and/or they could buy out black people's property and flatten it. In cities like NYC, there's extra special infrastructure for things like heating skyscrapers without relying on resistive heat, and this was usually built after water, sewage and electrification, but before communications networks. Most cities have at least one area with a lot of maintenance tunnels and these map to almost nothing sensible either. They did when they were BUILT, mind you, but that was in the 1930s and things are different now.

The newer cities are worse, because everything is neat and orderly in one place and eroding into madness in another in a patchwork that maps to pretty much nothing, not even income level. The rich people want to move away from the poor people so they get new construction that isn't laid out in anything resembling a sensible fashion so as to eliminate walkability and thus poor people, the poor people want to live in the city center near their jobs but get priced out by gentrified tenements, you have just a seething fucking foam of alternating horror and sanity.

Infrastructure being considered orderly betrays a hilarious degree of optimism as regards the human species' ability to do a goddamn thing right.

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Tinfoilment

Christians convert junkies and alcoholics using Alcoholics Anonymous. 

Word salad guys are message-carriers.  They are boring and vampires are boring. 
However, these Edge-Lords are possessed and contain the phrensy of Malkav,
this swirling mass of evil spirits, uttering prophecy of random Christian fears,
and maybe Malkav is named after Malcalypse and is therefore intended,
but I kinda just want to place Malkav into word salad culture as a meme.
Because word salad guys should be worrying that vampires are eating their thoughts.

Tinfoilment

toward the collection of lists
lists of titles, place names, and food words

Tinfoilment

Titles, the lore of titles,
and reading into the meanings of titles.

within the context of lists of titles of political, military, religious, local people, and academic
and maybe also corporate

altered

Hi.

Please stop shitting up the entire fucking forum with your trash. I don't want to log on to see three dozen ancient threads, half of which are garbage, bumped from the ancient abyss with your weirdly racist misuse of non-Latin characters for "lol random", or your "I'm 13 and this is deep" pseudo-philosophy.

Failure to be responsive to this benign request will be met with a decidedly unequal and very opposed reaction, where I will shit up the place even more everywhere you so much as sniff at, so that action /must/ be taken to contain your pointless mess. We will probably both get banned. I am okay with this.

Thanks.
--5000 angry combat drones
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 20, 2023, 07:32:27 PM
Hi.

Please stop shitting up the entire fucking forum with your trash. I don't want to log on to see three dozen ancient threads, half of which are garbage, bumped from the ancient abyss with your weirdly racist misuse of non-Latin characters for "lol random", or your "I'm 13 and this is deep" pseudo-philosophy.

Failure to be responsive to this benign request will be met with a decidedly unequal and very opposed reaction, where I will shit up the place even more everywhere you so much as sniff at, so that action /must/ be taken to contain your pointless mess. We will probably both get banned. I am okay with this.

Thanks.

That's my new band name.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 22, 2023, 03:59:01 AM
Quote from: altered on June 20, 2023, 07:32:27 PM
Hi.

Thanks.

That's my new band name.

Everyone should know that your first album, Seasonal Migration Patterns of the MQ-1 Predator, is coming out next year.