News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Removed from Spagbook

Started by Alfred Little Moon Cx3, January 29, 2023, 07:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfred Little Moon Cx3

shoedinger's cat is assumed to be alive we just put you in that box to automatically assume that it had no value is insane it was alive 5 minutes ago when we put it in that box to imagine let's for instance say the cat can live for 2 weeks w/o food and water ok so I'm thinking to myself he's like 5% alive in there on day one and 100% dead on day 14 but I guess that depends on if you believe in a bakers dozen or not and now I realize we have a pretty simple math problem and to say that shoedingers cat is both alive and dead at the same exact time sounds like some genius bullshit and maybe it is but that cat is like 10% funnier than you

Cramulus

I think the point of the schroedinger's cat experiment is that it helped Schroedinger explain to everybody why they needed to lay off the physics.

"ThE CaT ExISts aND DOes NOT ExiST UNTIL ITS eigenstaTe is OBSERVEd"

these are the thoughts of the utterly deranged

hooplala

Yeah, he was making fun of QM
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 31, 2023, 06:27:04 PM
I think the point of the schroedinger's cat experiment is that it helped Schroedinger explain to everybody why they needed to lay off the physics.

"ThE CaT ExISts aND DOes NOT ExiST UNTIL ITS eigenstaTe is OBSERVEd"

these are the thoughts of the utterly deranged

BALLS!   :argh!:  If the math says it's indeterminate, it's fucking well indeterminate!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

altered

This is why the only man I listen to on quantum stuff is Max Tegmark. He hasn't died yet and he also sounds fucking batshit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Have you opened the box to ensure he is not dead yet?

altered

I wouldn't dare open Max Tegmark's box. I'd get hit in the face by mathematical ghosts.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

the ONLY SCIENTIST is GENE RAY