News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

The Republicult™ On Parade

Started by Brother Mythos, June 30, 2023, 10:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

"Haley declines to say slavery was cause of Civil War"

Seriously, did this woman really think no one would notice her omission?!

As per the article:

"Nikki Haley declined to say that slavery was a cause of the Civil War on Wednesday evening, placing the blame, instead, on the role of government.

The former UN Ambassador and South Carolina governor, who has seen her star rise in the first-in-the-nation primary state, was appearing at a town hall event in Berlin, New Hampshire, when a voter asked her to identify the cause of the war."

As the US Civil War started in South Carolina, is a truthful answer really too much to expect from a former governor of that state, who also aspires to be the future president of the republic?!

Here's the link:   Candidate Haley Won't Admit Actual Cause of Civil War
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Brother Mythos

"Iowa Won't Participate In US Food Assistance Program For Kids This Summer"

As per the article:

Iowa will not participate this summer in a federal program that gives $40 per month to each child in a low-income family to help with food costs while school is out, state officials have announced.

The state has notified the U.S. Department of Agriculture that it will not participate in the 2024 Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer for Children — or Summer EBT — program, the state's Department of Health and Human Services and Department of Education said in a Friday news release.

"Federal COVID-era cash benefit programs are not sustainable and don't provide long-term solutions for the issues impacting children and families. An EBT card does nothing to promote nutrition at a time when childhood obesity has become an epidemic," Iowa Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds said in the news release."

So, Reynolds doesn't want to feed any children in low-income families this summer, because some of them might be overweight. Now, if TFG were still in office, he'd probably award her the Presidential Metal of Freedom for this non-action, because it's just so emblematic of the non-priorities of The Republicult™.

Here's the link:   Iowa Stops Summer Food Assistance for Kids

Brother Mythos

"New Poll Finds Republicans Seriously Think Trump Is the Greatest Person of Faith"

"More Republican voters believe Donald Trump is a person of faith than nearly any other politician."

Seriously?! Somehow or other, I'm just not seeing it.

As per this article:

"A new survey suggests that an increasing number of Republicans view Donald Trump as a person of faith, with Trump earning higher ratings than even some of the more vocally religious members of the Grand Old Party, including former Vice President Mike Pence and Senator Mitt Romney.

Despite Trump's sin-filled legal tribulations, 64 percent of Republicans reported that they viewed him as a person of faith, according to a new poll conducted by HarrisX for Deseret News in November, up from 53 percent in a similar poll conducted in October."

And, as per further along in this article:

"Meanwhile, President Joe Biden, who attends mass every week, per his White House schedule, was only branded as a person of faith by 13 percent of Republicans—though slightly more, 26 percent, conceded that he was religious."

I'm pretty sure we don't need a poll to tell us how these same people view Discordians.

Here's the link:   RepublicultTM Thinks TFG Greatest Person of Faith

And, here's the link to the original, quoted article:   Deseret News Original Article

Brother Mythos

"Stephen Miller loses it: 'They're trying to imprison, bankrupt, and destroy Donald Trump!'"

I suppose it really was too much to hope for a Faux News talking head to then asked him, "So, what's your point?"

As per this article:

"The former White House aide raised his voice as he spoke about Trump's legal problems.

"They're trying to imprison, bankrupt, and destroy Donald Trump using the awesome power of the state, like something out of a failed third-world country, and they're leaving our border wide open to import a new generation of voters that they believe will be more favorable to big government and top-down control!" he shouted. "That's their plan. And so I will tell you what is happening on the border every single day is one of the greatest crimes in human history!""

So anyway, let's hear it for "They," and the awesome power of the state!

Here's the link to this article:      Former White House Propagandist Whines

Brother Mythos

"A martyr? Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt's past tells a more complex story"

As per this article:

"The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist had just rammed her vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.
Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a months-long extramarital affair with Norris' longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt's husband and told him she was cheating."

And, further along in this article:

"But the life of the Air Force veteran from California who died while wearing a Trump campaign flag wrapped around her shoulders like a cape, was far more complicated than the heroic portrait presented by Trump and his allies.

In the months before her death, Babbitt had become consumed by pro-Trump conspiracy theories and posted angry screeds on social media. She also had a history of making violent threats."

It's unfortunate if this woman was gullible, taken in by the con artist, and lost her life because of her gullibility and temperament. But, I'm certain many of the people who showed up to support TFG on Failed Coup d'état Day didn't really care one way or the other that TFG had been telling the world the Big Lie. And, this woman may very well have been one of the latter.

Here's the link:   Ashli Babbitt's Past Exploits

Pergamos

Quote from: Brother Mythos on January 10, 2024, 02:14:13 PM
"A martyr? Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt's past tells a more complex story"

As per this article:

"The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist had just rammed her vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.
Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a months-long extramarital affair with Norris' longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt's husband and told him she was cheating."

"But the life of the Air Force veteran from California who died while wearing a Trump campaign flag wrapped around her shoulders like a cape, was far more complicated than the heroic portrait presented by Trump and his allies.

In the months before her death, Babbitt had become consumed by pro-Trump conspiracy theories and posted angry screeds on social media. She also had a history of making violent threats."

It's unfortunate if this woman was gullible, taken in by the con artist, and lost her life because of her gullibility and temperament. But, I'm certain many of the people who showed up to support TFG on Failed Coup d'état Day didn't really care one way or the other that TFG had been telling the world the Big Lie. And, this woman may very well have been one of the latter.

Here's the link:   Ashli Babbitt's Past Exploits

Personally I see Babbit as one more victim of the police, along with folks like Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, or Patrick Lyoya.  I don't agree with her politics but that doesn't excuse her murder.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Pergamos on January 10, 2024, 05:49:18 PM
Personally I see Babbit as one more victim of the police, along with folks like Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, or Patrick Lyoya.  I don't agree with her politics but that doesn't excuse her murder.

I believe Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd were clearly victims of the police.

It appears that the case against Christopher Schurr, the police officer who killed Patrick Lyoya, has yet to go to trial. However, if the Court of Appeals allows the current charge of second-degree murder to stand, I suspect Schurr, now a former police officer, will rightly be found guilty.

But, I don't believe Ashli Babbitt was an innocent bystander, or innocent peaceful protester on January 6th. And, here's some of what the Wikipedia article, "Killing of Ashli Babbitt," has to say:

"Babbitt attempted to climb through a shattered window beside a barricaded door into the Speaker's Lobby, and was shot in the left shoulder by a United States Capitol Police (USCP) officer.[5][6][7][8][9] After a USCP emergency response team administered aid, Babbitt was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she died.[10][11] The USCP deemed the shooting was "lawful and within Department policy" and "potentially saved Members (of Congress) and staff from serious injury and possible death".[12][13]"

"Public remarks by CSPD Officer Lt Byrd

"After being cleared of wrongdoing, Byrd made his name public in an August 2021 interview for NBC News.[73][74][75][76][77] He said his name had been previously revealed in right-wing media and online forums and that he had received racist (Byrd is African-American) and violent threats, causing him to remain in hiding for several months. Looking back on his January 6 experience, Byrd said: "Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were. There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out. If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress." He stated that he had pulled the trigger as a "last resort" after the mob of protesters ignored his repeated orders to get back, and that he had no idea at that moment that Babbitt was unarmed and was a woman. Byrd commented: "I know that day I saved countless lives. I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that's my job".[59]"

Now, it's been a while since I last watched the video clip of Babbitt climbing through that broken window. But, nothing I saw on the several occasions I did watch that video, or have heard, or have read, since January 6th, has made me any more sympathetic to her fate, than what I have already written in my original post. So, I think we should agree to disagree about Ashli Babbitt.

Pergamos

Quote from: Brother Mythos on January 10, 2024, 09:24:23 PM

I believe Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd were clearly victims of the police.

It appears that the case against Christopher Schurr, the police officer who killed Patrick Lyoya, has yet to go to trial. However, if the Court of Appeals allows the current charge of second-degree murder to stand, I suspect Schurr, now a former police officer, will rightly be found guilty.

But, I don't believe Ashli Babbitt was an innocent bystander, or innocent peaceful protester on January 6th. And, here's some of what the Wikipedia article, "Killing of Ashli Babbitt," has to say:

"Babbitt attempted to climb through a shattered window beside a barricaded door into the Speaker's Lobby, and was shot in the left shoulder by a United States Capitol Police (USCP) officer.[5][6][7][8][9] After a USCP emergency response team administered aid, Babbitt was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she died.[10][11] The USCP deemed the shooting was "lawful and within Department policy" and "potentially saved Members (of Congress) and staff from serious injury and possible death".[12][13]"

"Public remarks by CSPD Officer Lt Byrd

"After being cleared of wrongdoing, Byrd made his name public in an August 2021 interview for NBC News.[73][74][75][76][77] He said his name had been previously revealed in right-wing media and online forums and that he had received racist (Byrd is African-American) and violent threats, causing him to remain in hiding for several months. Looking back on his January 6 experience, Byrd said: "Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were. There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out. If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress." He stated that he had pulled the trigger as a "last resort" after the mob of protesters ignored his repeated orders to get back, and that he had no idea at that moment that Babbitt was unarmed and was a woman. Byrd commented: "I know that day I saved countless lives. I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that's my job".[59]"

Now, it's been a while since I last watched the video clip of Babbitt climbing through that broken window. But, nothing I saw on the several occasions I did watch that video, or have heard, or have read, since January 6th, has made me any more sympathetic to her fate, than what I have already written in my original post. So, I think we should agree to disagree about Ashli Babbitt.

Perhaps.  I'm sad to see someone who understands that Trump is a monster but not that ACAB, meanwhile I'd like to see more folks who don't understand that Trump is a monster learning that ACAB, between Babbit and they way that they've gone after that particular monster I think a few are starting to understand.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cops can be bastards AND occasionally act appropriately. These things are not in conflict. In fact, it's much easier for the system to perpetuate itself as long as there are people who are behaving correctly in difficult situations.

I don't like cops killing people, I don't like anyone killing people, I'm also not a virtue driven moron who thinks that no conflict is ever doomed to end in death, or that my enemies are incapable of making the right decision sometimes just because they make the wrong ones so often.

Doktor Howl

Go fuck yourself.
Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

"GOPers embrace a crazy new term to refer to jailed Jan. 6ers"

"After trying to portray Jan. 6 rioters as "tourists" and "political prisoners," Republicans have a new absurd term: "hostages.""

As per this article:

"First they were "tourists." Then they were "political prisoners." And now they're "hostages."

Ever since Jan. 6, 2021, Republicans have treated the Capitol rioters like martyrs. In the latest example, Republicans are following Donald Trump's lead in referring to the pro-Trump confederates jailed in the deadly attack as "hostages.""

They keep using that word, I do not think it means what they think it means. It occurred to me that, conspicuous by its absence, there is another term they might have used for the many paramilitary types, who wore tactical gear and carried assorted weaponry, forced their way into the United States Capitol, but are now serving time in The Big House. And, that term is "prisoners of war" (POWs). However, since The Republicult™ lost both their battle and their war, they now refer to their soldiers using more deceptive, sympathetic language.

I write this because, if The Republicult™ had actually succeeded in their coup d'état, instead of being "hostages," those same paramilitary types would now be proudly parading around with medals dangling from chests, openly carrying more lethal weapons, and calling themselves "patriots," "heroes," "victorious warriors," "freedom fighters," and some such.

Here's the link to this article:      The Republicult's™ New Term

Brother Mythos

"DC bar authorities file disciplinary charges against pro-Trump 2020 election lawyers"

"The charges are the latest in a slew of disciplinary proceedings against attorneys who aided Donald Trump's bid to subvert the election." 

As per this article:

"Washington, D.C., bar investigators have filed disciplinary charges against three lawyers who aided Donald Trump ally Sidney Powell's campaign to mount discredited legal challenges to the 2020 election results.

Filings made public Friday accused attorneys Juli Haller, Lawrence Joseph and Brandon Johnson of making knowingly false representations to courts about a slew of lawsuits they filed in the weeks after the 2020 election."

But, but ... TFG said he only hires the best people. It appears that finding quality partners in crime is harder than it's portrayed to be in the movies.

Here's the link:   TFG's Election Lawyers Face Disciplinary Charges

Brother Mythos

"Judge denies Peter Navarro's bid to remain out of prison while appealing contempt of Congress case"

As per this article:

"A federal judge on Thursday denied Trump White House official Peter Navarro's bid to remain out of prison while he appeals his contempt of Congress conviction for refusing to cooperate with an investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Navarro was sentenced last month to four months behind bars after being found guilty of defying a subpoena for documents and a deposition from the House Jan. 6 Committee. The former White House trade adviser under President Donald Trump had asked to be free while he fights that conviction and sentence in higher courts."

So, this guy doesn't have a job, doesn't have a job prospect, and has been pleading poverty while spending a small fortune on legal fees to avoid four months in what is probably going to be a minimum security "Club Fed" lockup. And now, poor little Peter is going to the Big House anyway. It would appear that choosing to be an opportunistic co-conspirator was not a wise career move. Who'd a thunk it?

Here's the link:   A TFG Co-conspirator Is Going to the Big House

Bruno

Eric Prince (Betsy DeVos's brother and founder of Blackwater) wants to bring back full blown military colonialism.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tHXzrtmHrJ8&autoplay=1
Formerly something else...

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Bruno on February 13, 2024, 05:13:51 AMEric Prince (Betsy DeVos's brother and founder of Blackwater) wants to bring back full blown military colonialism.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tHXzrtmHrJ8&autoplay=1

I don't doubt a new and improved US Imperial Business Model (USIBM) would be quite lucrative for a guy like Prince. And, since he can't sell mercenary services to Putin unless TFG is reelected, and Ukraine may not be interested in giving Prince a contract, he may very well be trying to drum up business opportunities elsewhere.