News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Keep your stupid questions to your stupid self.

Started by MedeoPlusPlus, August 07, 2003, 12:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2011, 02:25:08 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:39:21 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2011, 12:46:22 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on March 24, 2011, 12:43:37 AM
Is there some kind of grading system in place since I last looked in here?

Yes.  The English are given leeway, on account of being from England.

They need it. However, I see they are not making good use. Wrath may be called for.

AND THEN LONDON FELL INTO THE THAMES.   :x

And melted?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on March 24, 2011, 03:07:22 PM

They need it. However, I see they are not making good use. Wrath may be called for.

And melted?

And shattered on the surface.  The Thames is a teensy bit polluted.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2011, 03:20:02 PM
Quote from: Khara on March 24, 2011, 03:07:22 PM

And melted?

And shattered on the surface.  The Thames is a teensy bit polluted.
As of now, the Thames is remarkably clean in comparison to what it was. In fact, it's probably at it's cleanest for 6 or 7 hundred years. There are now naturally occurring Brown Trout
in it's upper tributaries, and this means that Sea Trout must be running up it's entirety. And Sea Trout need the water to be of a much better quality than most fish. And they are  pretty selective over where they breed, (clean, deep gravel runs) also, if their offspring are staying in freshwater
(Sea Trout are exactly the same species as Brown Trout, Salmo Trutta Ferox) it means the habitat must be productive, able to support food species, and be clean enough to breed in.
Ok, I know the colour of the Thames is like coffee, but that's just sediment and mud from the bottom. There's hardly any sewage dumped into it now until the river is way past London, and even then, it's been treated. I'd swim in it myself if I lived nearer. And enjoyed inflicting serious discomfort on myself.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on March 25, 2011, 02:22:58 AM
As of now, the Thames is remarkably clean in comparison to what it was. In fact, it's probably at it's cleanest for 6 or 7 hundred years.

England roont.   :cry:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Telarus

The last 3 posts don't have a question mark.

AND I LOVE IT
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Telarus on March 25, 2011, 03:02:15 AM
The last 3 posts don't have a question mark.

AND I LOVE IT

Why are you hating on question marks? 

They are squiggly... with a dot.

Jenne

Why is everyone noncompliant all of a sudden in this fread?

Is it not good enough to just ask questions?  Even when answering?

Don Coyote

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 02:32:35 AM
As of now, the Thames is remarkably clean in comparison to what it was. In fact, it's probably at it's cleanest for 6 or 7 hundred years.

There are still plenty of rivers here that are little more than stagnant ditches, full of sewage, and toxic industrial waste. Not as big as the Thames, but numerous enough. The Stour, for instance as it flows out of Wolverhampton, or the Dee, between Chester and Birkenhead. The Tyne is still particularly filthy as it goes past South Shields, spilling it's foulness into the North Sea. So although Father Thames has cleaned his act up, there are still very many germy shit filled ditches that you wouldn't want to be sharing a water table with, believe me.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on March 25, 2011, 10:53:57 PM

There are still plenty of rivers here that are little more than stagnant ditches, full of sewage, and toxic industrial waste. Not as big as the Thames, but numerous enough. The Stour, for instance as it flows out of Wolverhampton, or the Dee, between Chester and Birkenhead. The Tyne is still particularly filthy as it goes past South Shields, spilling it's foulness into the North Sea. So although Father Thames has cleaned his act up, there are still very many germy shit filled ditches that you wouldn't want to be sharing a water table with, believe me.

The Fleet is still underground and rank, right?

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2011, 03:57:36 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on March 25, 2011, 10:53:57 PM

The Fleet is still underground and rank, right?
Absolutely! You don't want that fucker seeing the light of day. It still squits out under Blackfriars bridge, and even if the Thames is at high tide, and in spate, it's several shades more black gutshite in colour than the Thames. Or do you mean the Feet, behind Chesil Bank on the south coast? Stinks like fuck at low tide, but it's just mud, (and old bouncing bombs) with the occasional dead Angler bobbing around.

The Commander

Are the rivers in England cleaner than the rivers in Ohio?
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

BadBeast

Quote from: The Commander on March 26, 2011, 06:17:39 AM
Despite never having never been to Ohio, nor even sure if I could find it on a map, by using the same, progressive information gathering techniques employed by the Worlds major News Agencies, (making it up off the top of my head) I can say with every confidence that yes, the English rivers are indeed cleaner than the ones in Ohio. Although without having to rely on foundless speculation , I am unable to furnish any further details. 

The Commander

Quote from: BadBeast on March 26, 2011, 07:21:39 AM
Despite never having never been to Ohio, nor even sure if I could find it on a map, by using the same, progressive information gathering techniques employed by the Worlds major News Agencies, (making it up off the top of my head) I can say with every confidence that yes, the English rivers are indeed cleaner than the ones in Ohio. Although without having to rely on foundless speculation , I am unable to furnish any further details. 

Maybe I am thinking of New York...I just remember there being stories about rivers up in the northeast that were catching on fire due to all the pollution.

What city am I thinking of? (trying to get thread back on track)
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Commander on March 26, 2011, 10:38:16 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on March 26, 2011, 07:21:39 AM

Maybe I am thinking of New York...I just remember there being stories about rivers up in the northeast that were catching on fire due to all the pollution.

What city am I thinking of? (trying to get thread back on track)

Results of a very difficult process.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A