News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

kill aini

Started by hateful plaster, February 24, 2005, 06:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

That means fuck you.

Doesn't it?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Baron

WAsnt that in the Jetsons movie?

AFK

Not sure if it was the movie but it is from the Jetsons. 

Fun Fact:  The Violent Femmes did a cover of that song on the Saturday Morning Cartoons album. 

hooplala

It was just an episode.  Judy entered a song-writing contest, but Elroy's secret code got sent instead.  But, it won anyway.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 12, 2008, 07:38:39 PM
Not sure if it was the movie but it is from the Jetsons. 

Fun Fact:  The Violent Femmes did a cover of that song on the Saturday Morning Cartoons album. 

That was them? Wow, I think that made the huge portion of my childhood I listened to that album awesomer.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

AFK

Childhood?  Fuck am I really that old?

But anyway, yeah that was them.  My fave though from that album is Rev. Horton Heat's version of the Jonny Quest theme song. 

Jasper

You really are that old.  I can't even remember when Cartoon Network went on the air.

AFK

me neither.  and when exactly did the Saturday Morning cartoon go the way of the dinosaur?  That was a staple of my childhood.  Dungeons and Dragons, Spider Man, School House Rock, all kinds of good stuff. 

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 13, 2008, 05:00:17 PM
me neither.  and when exactly did the Saturday Morning cartoon go the way of the dinosaur?  That was a staple of my childhood.  Dungeons and Dragons, Spider Man, School House Rock, all kinds of good stuff. 

One word: anime

Jasper

I was just kidding about the old remark, I don't remember CN's beginnings because I was too poor to have cable back then. :lol:

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 13, 2008, 01:27:51 PM
Childhood?  Fuck am I really that old?

Naw, you're not that old, I'm just that young.  :mrgreen:
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

hooplala

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 13, 2008, 05:00:17 PM

About 10 years ago.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I am sad about Saturday Morning Cartoons as well. The crazy bullshit bad audio dub animal in ball stuff isn't even as good as Rubix Cube (the cartoon) or The Littles... and that's saying something.

Or at least they aren't as good as Rubix Cube or The Littles as recorded in my brain... which may or may not have some pretty heavy editing ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson