News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Answers for Eldora

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 25, 2005, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

No one should ever have to explain why they are wearing engineer boots full of vaseline.  It's a vaguely nauseating concept, and in any civilized society would probably get you run out of town on a rail.

Even PERVERTS would make lots of room on the bus for a 220 pound man wearing leather boots that go "squish"...even degenerates have their standards, after all.  For example, you wouldn't catch Peewee Herman or even Ben Franklin in such a state...and Ben WAS a nasty old lecher.  He was dirty and hairy and covered with fleas, and he took his women by twos and by threes.

Scratch that.  He was a hero of the revolution, and acted like a gentleman at all times...except during electrical storms.  Then he went all to pieces.

But even then, he had limits.

He wouldn't sit in front of a computer, with petroleum jelly oozing out of the top of his boots.  He CERTAINLY wouldn't mention it.

So, Eldora...just exactly WHY was The Good Reverend in such a state?  Well, it's a lot simpler than it sounds.  I gave myself one HELL of a case of welder's burn on the insteps of my feet.  That's really all there is to it.

TGRR,
Doesn't feel like telling you how he got that welder's burn.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

That wasn't nearly entertaining as I was hoping, but the build up was.  I am so sorry.  I have never had one, but I have seen them.  And if you had one on your foot, that probably means you dropped something in your boot, so it sat there and, well you know, you were there.  So Sorry.  And I would've let you sit by me on the bus :wink: A guy in work boots, covered in welding dust, ooohhh.  And you probably have tatoos and weren't you in the military?  I swear, if you behave, you have to meet my hubby because I think you guys are twins separated at birth.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: eldora_avalonThat wasn't nearly entertaining as I was hoping, but the build up was.  I am so sorry.  I have never had one, but I have seen them.  And if you had one on your foot, that probably means you dropped something in your boot, so it sat there and, well you know, you were there.  So Sorry.  And I would've let you sit by me on the bus :wink: A guy in work boots, covered in welding dust, ooohhh.  And you probably have tatoos and weren't you in the military?  I swear, if you behave, you have to meet my hubby because I think you guys are twins separated at birth.

No tattooes.  We were all getting the 10h mountain patch done on our shoulders, and my friend went before me.

They spelled "Mountain" wrong (Moutain, if you're interested).

I decided against any tattoos.

Twins?  Maybe.  Take this simple test:

1.  Likes guns?
2.  Cannot avoid weirdness?
3.  Constantly sucked into bizarre situations?
4.  6'/220 lbs?
5.  Tends to go on unplanned trips, for reasons that he can never adequately explain later?

As for the welding burn, no, welding burns are only caused by direct exposure to the UV radiation from a welding torch.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
No tattooes.  We were all getting the 10h mountain patch done on our shoulders, and my friend went before me.

They spelled "Mountain" wrong (Moutain, if you're interested).

I decided against any tattoos.

Twins?  Maybe.  Take this simple test:

1.  Likes guns?
Yep
2.  Cannot avoid weirdness?
Yep
3.  Constantly sucked into bizarre situations?
Yep
4.  6'/220 lbs?
Nope, 5'10" about 170, but he is scrappy, don't fuck with him.
5.  Tends to go on unplanned trips, for reasons that he can never adequately explain later?
Yeah, but he hasn't done it in years.  

As for the welding burn, no, welding burns are only caused by direct exposure to the UV radiation from a welding torch.
OK, the suburn type of burn, OK, that's not as bad or just as bad, but different.  Were you welding in your Speedo again :wink: I warned you about that :roll: The 10th Mountain, huh.  Yeah, I would recommend getting in a fist fight with you about as much as I would my hubby, which is not at all.  Either you never mentioned that or I missed it.  You have my respect based on that alone.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: eldora_avalon

OK, the suburn type of burn, OK, that's not as bad or just as bad, but different.  

Were you welding in your Speedo again :wink: I warned you about that :roll: T

he 10th Mountain, huh.  Yeah, I would recommend getting in a fist fight with you about as much as I would my hubby, which is not at all.  Either you never mentioned that or I missed it.  You have my respect based on that alone.

1.  Worse.  Welding burns go DEEP.  Imagine a sunburn that lasts for 4-6 weeks.

2.  I'll never tell.

3.  Yeah.  I was young & dumb.

Yeah, I know, but they look like a sunburn.  I have rubbed some sort of stuff on them at some point, but I forget.  A friend of my hubby's uses spf 40 on his neck every day to keep from being a 'redneck', no seriously.  Look at guys that are in a welding environment, they have that rugged Clint Eastwood kind of look even if they never go outside.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, I know, but they look like a sunburn.  I have rubbed some sort of stuff on them at some point, but I forget.  A friend of my hubby's uses spf 40 on his neck every day to keep from being a 'redneck', no seriously.  Look at guys that are in a welding environment, they have that rugged Clint Eastwood kind of look even if they never go outside.

That's the nicest way I've ever herd anyone say "a face like shoe leather". :lol:

East Coast Hustle

Jesus, ROger...according to your checklist, I am you...except I've got 4 inches and 40 pounds on you...and I've never been in the military, although I'd pretty much guarantee I'd be among the first to be drafted...single, no kids, no college education to speak of, and my ASVAB scores were good enough that the marines hounded me for two years even though I got a GED instead of a diploma...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McStabJesus, ROger...according to your checklist, I am you...

Well, then, let's tighten the standards, shall we?

6.  Ever get your tongue stuck in a printer?
7.  Do you KNOW, for certain, that Tom Jones would fucking ANYBODY?
8.  Are you on the commercial airlines SSSS list, for reasons that are painfully obvious?
9.  Do you associate rum with UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH?
10.  Have you verified the alternative?  Do you WANT to verify the alternative?

Bella

8.  Are you on the commercial airlines SSSS list, for reasons that are painfully obvious?
I'm getting scared.
I answered 'yes' to #'s 7 and 9.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

I'm getting scared.
I answered 'yes' to #'s 7 and 9.

Join us...don't be afraid...

I have verified lots of alternatives, any in particular you are referring to here?

The Good Reverend Roger

I have verified lots of alternatives, any in particular you are referring to here?

Not really.

For example:

VERIFIED

NOT VERIFIED

VERIFIED

NOT VERIFIED

East Coast Hustle

no, but I did get my big toe caught in a fold-up bed once

meh, maybe...I dunno about anybody, but certainly most bodys

yeah, with a fuckin' bullet...

most certainly

there's an alternative?

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McStab

there's an alternative?

8)

NOT VERIFIED