News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Epistle Two: On the Revolution.

Started by LMNO, February 25, 2005, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: KenseiASBOs are good fun.  Police issue them without recourse to the courts, putting whatever restrictions they like on your movements.  And if you break it, then it a very serious crime.  Far worse than all these muggings and burgalries lately.

What did you do to get on the list?

I think my letter to Bush that started "Dear Pigfucker" pushed me over the top, though, to be honest, I'm not really sure.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm not sure its a good or bad thing you dont know exactly what got you onto it.  I'll go with good for now.... :twisted:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOIndeed.  What was done to put you on such a list?  Striking out blindly aginst the system, perhaps?

Youu both seem like the kind of people who would punch a cop to display your contempt, and then complain when they arrest you.

Then you don't know me that well.

And what of you?  Are you the kind who TELLS himself he's free, but won't take any actual steps to TAKE that freedom?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kensei
Quote from: KenseiASBOs are good fun.  Police issue them without recourse to the courts, putting whatever restrictions they like on your movements.  And if you break it, then it a very serious crime.  Far worse than all these muggings and burgalries lately.

What did you do to get on the list?

I think my letter to Bush that started "Dear Pigfucker" pushed me over the top, though, to be honest, I'm not really sure.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm not sure its a good or bad thing you dont know exactly what got you onto it.  I'll go with good for now.... :twisted:

It might also have been the non-stop jakery of Dennis Hastert's office...

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: LMNOIndeed.  What was done to put you on such a list?  Striking out blindly aginst the system, perhaps?

Youu both seem like the kind of people who would punch a cop to display your contempt, and then complain when they arrest you.

And what of you?  Are you the kind who TELLS himself he's free, but won't take any actual steps to TAKE that freedom?

Are there things I strive for?

Yes.

Are there obstacles in my path?

Yes.

Do I overcome my obstacles?

Yes.

Are the obstacles in my own head?

Yes.

Do I feel compassion for the world?

Yes.

Do I work to bring Bliss into the world?

Yes.

Do I have Bliss?

Occasionaly.

How can you say I am not free, you who fears words?

Cain

Just checked him out via Google, good target.  

And LMNO, the State has real power.  It has thousands of men and women under arms. It has its own police force, holding sytems (jails), justifying departments (courts) and propaganda (the "free" press, as bought by Murdoch).  While I or you may not have bought it, most people have.  And unless you can dissolve all those by convincing those inside the named institutions above (and many more), the state still has a capacity for lethal threat deterrence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO

Are there things I strive for?

Yes.

Are there obstacles in my path?

Yes.

Do I overcome my obstacles?

Yes.

Are the obstacles in my own head?

Yes.

Do I feel compassion for the world?

Yes.

Do I work to bring Bliss into the world?

Yes.

Do I have Bliss?

Occasionaly.

How can you say I am not free, you who fears words?

What part of "the guns behind the words" are you not quite comprehending?

TGRR,
Is pretty sure you've never been hit with a nightstick.

LMNO

The state has the power we give it, and it takes the power we use in direct confrontation, and turns it back upon ourselves.

Hit with a nightstick?  No.  I have never foolish enough put myself in a position where my final purposes might be compromised.  And yet, I still spread Bliss, and I still further the Great Work, and I still help others to free themselves, and I am still not limited in my desires.

LMNO
-Works towards freedom, not violence (and is not a masochist).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOThe state has the power we give it, and it takes the power we use in direct confrontation, and turns it back upon ourselves.

Hit with a nightstick?  No.  I have never foolish enough put myself in a position where my final purposes might be compromised.  And yet, I still spread Bliss, and I still further the Great Work, and I still help others to free themselves, and I am still not limited in my desires.

LMNO
-Works towards freedom, not violence (and is not a masochist).

1.  Well, it USED to be that way.  However, the power the state controls now outstrips the power of the people to strip the state of its power.  Or words to that effect.

2.  You've been missing out.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Ye spower comes from a gun.

hell the dali lamma knows it... it's pretty much a given.

but the pwower only comes over the masses when it is fear of the gun not the gun itself.

what we need to do is teach people how to stop worrying and come to love the bomb.

If they bomb me for what I do then I will bomb them back. do not forget this... it is important.

the bomb the glorious bomb.

but in all honesty... the bombs not going to have an effect on most of us.

and we need to start teaching people that the bomb doesn't have an effect on them.

I knew a man that told me" don't be afraid of the bomb. it can do one of two things kill you or scar you for life but it can't put ideas into your head, it can't change the way you think unless you permit it to do so." he then hobbled away useing his cane due to the damage that a bomb did  to his leg no doubt thinking of the man that was walking with him to the mess on that fateful day.

Kill you or scar you for life. thats all that a bomb can do take your life or scar you till your life ends... after all thats what happens to us... we die.

In the mean time... we live... and the quality of that life is directly tied to our attitude about life. Do not live in fear of the bomb... teach others not  to live in fear of the bomb... and yes I do realize that may mean that bombs may get used more.

adn you know... it may be me one day... walking through the streets forgetting that I live in a cold and uncaring universe merely because the sun is out and there is a cool breeze on my face the birds chirping... to hear that sound and try to react.

grabbing my daughter up in my arms ... running reunning... where to wher to.. trip fall roll my daughter fklying out of my hands,, also rolling I scramble reaching when....

do i let the rage fill me who do I go after... do I enlist into the military to get back at those bastards... Do I allow myself to become paralized with fear and inaction...do I become obsessed with bombs and become some kind of serial bomber to show everyone what happened to me spreading the pain even further.

No I tell a few people that I think will understand " don't be afraid of the bomb. it can do one of two things kill you or scar you for life but it can't put ideas into your head, it can't change the way you think unless you permit it to do so." and then i hobbnle off to the kitchen using a cain because of the bomb that damaged no doubt thinking of my daughter who was walking with me to the restaurant that fateful day.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ChaosGraves:AgentOfEris
what we need to do is teach people how to stop worrying and come to love the bomb.

Too late.  The CoN already taught them to stop worrying and love reality TV.

We lose.

LMNO

Cain

Why is there this assumption it is the not-ELF-bcause-it-doesn't-exist way and  the violent way only?  Violence is another tool in the arsenal, just like mindfucks and all the other bizzare activities I find myself doing at 3am of a Tuesday morning.  

And I dont fear the bomb, I respect it for the power it does have.  It may only be able to kill me, but of what use am I dead?  Didnt Hugh once say Eris doesnt want martyrs, but for us to use our brains?  If we deny the very real power of the state, then we are setting ourselves up just for that.  I'd rather live for my cause, and I would rather try to further it while not booked into Belmarsh prison, courtesy of the Home Secretary.  However, saying that the only power he has because the people let him have it is nonsense.  He has it because over 40,000 policemen and women will obey him, and they have batons, pepper spray and guns on their side.  And unless you can "liberate" every single one of them then I am just as fucked as when I believed they did have power.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KenseiWhy is there this assumption it is the not-ELF-bcause-it-doesn't-exist way and  the violent way only?  Violence is another tool in the arsenal, just like mindfucks and all the other bizzare activities I find myself doing at 3am of a Tuesday morning.  

And I dont fear the bomb, I respect it for the power it does have.  It may only be able to kill me, but of what use am I dead?  Didnt Hugh once say Eris doesnt want martyrs, but for us to use our brains?  If we deny the very real power of the state, then we are setting ourselves up just for that.  I'd rather live for my cause, and I would rather try to further it while not booked into Belmarsh prison, courtesy of the Home Secretary.  However, saying that the only power he has because the people let him have it is nonsense.  He has it because over 40,000 policemen and women will obey him, and they have batons, pepper spray and guns on their side.  And unless you can "liberate" every single one of them then I am just as fucked as when I believed they did have power.

Well said.

Violence is but one tool...even the state recognizes this.

LMNO

There are a myriad of options... But as the non-holy book says, when one side is pushed, the other side pushes back equally.  The (falsely called) LDD has been pushing for violent revolution for quite some time now, and The (Untrue in name and deed) ELF felt opposition was in order.

If someone would care to propse a third, fourth, and fifth path, let them do so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOThere are a myriad of options... But as the non-holy book says, when one side is pushed, the other side pushes back equally.  The (falsely called) LDD has been pushing for violent revolution for quite some time now, and The (Untrue in name and deed) ELF felt opposition was in order.

If someone would care to propse a third, fourth, and fifth path, let them do so.

The path of least resistance.

The path of cheap yuks while Rome burns.

The path of Slack.