News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Epistle Two: On the Revolution.

Started by LMNO, February 25, 2005, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Is this your path?

You, who preaches acting in this moment, in this world, with those hands, against that system?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOIs this your path?

You, who preaches acting in this moment, in this world, with those hands, against that system?

Sure.  Get your yuks in, but don't really expect that you''l harm the CoN.

Clarifying rant will follow, today or tomorrow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Appreciated.

LMNO
-Gone drinkin 'till Monday.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: ChaosGraves:AgentOfEris
what we need to do is teach people how to stop worrying and come to love the bomb.

Too late.  The CoN already taught them to stop worrying and love reality TV.

We lose.
damnit....

reality tv?!?!?

fuck.

can we get "THEM" to bomb the cable companies?
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

gnimbley

Quote from: ChaosGraves:AgentOfErisYe spower comes from a gun.

hell the dali lamma knows it... it's pretty much a given.

but the pwower only comes over the masses when it is fear of the gun not the gun itself.

what we need to do is teach people how to stop worrying and come to love the bomb.

If they bomb me for what I do then I will bomb them back. do not forget this... it is important.

the bomb the glorious bomb.

but in all honesty... the bombs not going to have an effect on most of us.

and we need to start teaching people that the bomb doesn't have an effect on them.

I knew a man that told me" don't be afraid of the bomb. it can do one of two things kill you or scar you for life but it can't put ideas into your head, it can't change the way you think unless you permit it to do so." he then hobbled away useing his cane due to the damage that a bomb did  to his leg no doubt thinking of the man that was walking with him to the mess on that fateful day.

Kill you or scar you for life. thats all that a bomb can do take your life or scar you till your life ends... after all thats what happens to us... we die.

In the mean time... we live... and the quality of that life is directly tied to our attitude about life. Do not live in fear of the bomb... teach others not  to live in fear of the bomb... and yes I do realize that may mean that bombs may get used more.

adn you know... it may be me one day... walking through the streets forgetting that I live in a cold and uncaring universe merely because the sun is out and there is a cool breeze on my face the birds chirping... to hear that sound and try to react.

grabbing my daughter up in my arms ... running reunning... where to wher to.. trip fall roll my daughter fklying out of my hands,, also rolling I scramble reaching when....

do i let the rage fill me who do I go after... do I enlist into the military to get back at those bastards... Do I allow myself to become paralized with fear and inaction...do I become obsessed with bombs and become some kind of serial bomber to show everyone what happened to me spreading the pain even further.

No I tell a few people that I think will understand " don't be afraid of the bomb. it can do one of two things kill you or scar you for life but it can't put ideas into your head, it can't change the way you think unless you permit it to do so." and then i hobbnle off to the kitchen using a cain because of the bomb that damaged no doubt thinking of my daughter who was walking with me to the restaurant that fateful day.

::dances to CG's flute::

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: KenseiWhy is there this assumption it is the not-ELF-bcause-it-doesn't-exist way and  the violent way only?  Violence is another tool in the arsenal, just like mindfucks and all the other bizzare activities I find myself doing at 3am of a Tuesday morning.  

And I dont fear the bomb, I respect it for the power it does have.  It may only be able to kill me, but of what use am I dead?  Didnt Hugh once say Eris doesnt want martyrs, but for us to use our brains?  If we deny the very real power of the state, then we are setting ourselves up just for that.  I'd rather live for my cause, and I would rather try to further it while not booked into Belmarsh prison, courtesy of the Home Secretary.  However, saying that the only power he has because the people let him have it is nonsense.  He has it because over 40,000 policemen and women will obey him, and they have batons, pepper spray and guns on their side.  And unless you can "liberate" every single one of them then I am just as fucked as when I believed they did have power.
here here... act not from fear...
ghandi got people to line up and get hit in the head one by one over and over agin... put some cartoon music and it views like a very very andy warhollesque version of the three stooges.

do not fear the bomb... yes we may be shoot use your mind... if there are more of us there less likely it will be for anyone of us will be shot... but the higher the chance that shooting will occur... unless it's televised...

what i suggest is a 23 month reality television deprogram... and because we have a shoestring budget we ... take our program to the news... fi you hear of any protest... ANY... we go with signs and t shirts that say "I <3 The bomb" we put text on the back quick and simple with quotes from dr. strangelove...It will be a riot. If you can get peole to hold the signs and wear the shirts at concerts and waiting for star wars or that 42 movie...

anywhere that cameras may show up ... home shows... put copies on the walls...

I *heart* the bomb.

And according to schwa the heart generates strong attachment to a slogon.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO on February 25, 2005, 06:05:52 PM
To arms! To arms!  A cry is raised.  A hue soon follows, and many are caught up in its wake.  The wave crashes over the temporal landscape, as the washed masses throw wrenches into everything they find.

Crash!  Crash!  sound the gears of society.  The cogs pause, hem, haw, and move on.  The meters are fixed, the tire is patched, and the tear in the social stocking is patched with nail polish.  Frustrated the masses slump, moan, and mutter, for what they see around them has not change it has adapted, it has overwhelmed, overcome.  The gray existence bleaches out the color of those who leave their hands in too long, searching for the lynchpin, the lever that pulls it apart.

Hold!  Hold!  For like the synchroweb that  binds the cosmos into an Erisian orgy of energy, the social fishing net which catches the souls of the unwary has no middle.  There is nothing to pull, there is nothing to burn.  Its very intangibility is the briar rabbit that lures rebels into its midst, down a cul-de-sac, and then bores them into submission with taxes and political speeches.

Go back!  Go back!  Heed the call of your mind!  What is in front of you is not in front of you,Äîit is inside you.  The grey wash that seals your eyes like a cataract comes from within!  The Man that holds you down and forces you to submit is your own Monkey of Mediocrity.  The prison has no door, because it has no walls, because it does not exist!  The sun is out, the moon is brilliant, the trees call to you from the plains.  You do not hear, for your ears are filled with the burning of your Will, a Will that runs hot but has no vent.  You consume, but you do not turn.  You spin, but you do not spiral.  You burn, but you do not bleed.

Rise up!  Rise up!  and step sideways into the antechamber.  The mirrors are different here, and your choice is now.  The bland, the ordinary, is only as far away as your next thought, and the prisms beckon you from just behind your eyes.  You fight others, thinking them to be oppressors, but we are you, and you are us, and you only fight your conceptions of us, as we you.  But the self-destructive is ultimately self-defeating, as we cannot win in a battle with ourselves. 

Create!  Create!  We think ourselves to be creative, yet we destroy in the name of freedom more often that we admit.  The non-prophet said that Destruction is not the same as Chaos; we remember that Chaos is All, anything else are subjective rationalizations made in an attempt to function.  And if All is Chaos, then the first distinction is that of creation and destruction.  Move towards the completion of the Great Work, sidestepping the petty 4D squabbles surrounding you.

To Bliss!  To Bliss!  St Campbell had it right.  When one is capable of choosing one,Äôs life, that includes the maps s/he uses.  It is not hiding to refuse the hold the Grey world attempts to impose.  It is not escapism to steal the powers of guilt an obligation back from the overlords.  Because You are the only Overlord.

Free Your Mind, and Your Ass Will Follow.

Yoink? It's from ages ago, but I think it would work well in the final sections.

Vanadium Gryllz

I appreciate your forum archaeology skills, Q.G.

It's interesting to read stuff from >10 years ago and see what you were all thinking and talking about back then.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

LMNO

Wow.  I forgot about these.

I think I had a few more of the Epistles.  Some work better than others; some were a troll for the Obsidian Mirror site.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO on May 05, 2016, 08:53:44 PM
Wow.  I forgot about these.

I think I had a few more of the Epistles.  Some work better than others; some were a troll for the Obsidian Mirror site.

Yeah, there's a whole pile of them from right around this strata. Also a lot of back and forth about how the forum is going to hell in a handbasket.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 25, 2005, 06:20:02 PM
Who is attacking you?

Who is threatening you?  How?  Intimidation? Threats? From where comes the power of intimidation?  Be it not from inside?

Any more questions?   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2016, 04:10:07 PM
Who is attacking you?

Who is threatening you?  How?  Intimidation? Threats? From where comes the power of intimidation?  Be it not from inside?

What a little shit I was.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on May 12, 2016, 07:20:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2016, 04:10:07 PM
Who is attacking you?

What a little shit I was.

Me too.

In fact, the one thing I never got over since 2005 was my ability to go from zero to Oppenheimer when shown contempt.  It is something I need to work on, like I've been trying to work on that "need for validation" thing.

LMNO

OK, we're gonna have to see how we can get the phrase "zero to Oppenheimer" into the public discourse.