News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Oracles of Dumb

Started by saint aini, February 27, 2005, 04:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saint aini

I have had enough an Oracle of Doom messing stuff up.  The last thing we need in this world is another person telling us when the eschaton will be immanentized.  Ah, why don't you just fucking immanentize the fucking eschaton so that Senior Limpio (nee Goat, nee Commie Bastard, nee Turd Ferguson) and I can get stoned with 23 virgins each.

Why, oh Oracle of Doom, not immanentize the eschaton?  It would put you out of business if the world ends.  What good is an Oracle of Doom when the days are reduced to bleak servitude or endless joy?  In times like those what we need are Oracles of Dumb.  And in troubled times like these, an Oracle of Dumb is just as useless or useful.

What, perchance, is an Oracle of Dumb?  Technically speaking, an Oracle of Doom is a specialized Oracle of Dumb who seeks to project into the Future, whatever that may be.  Although an Oracle of Doom is not an Oracle of Dumb, bot are Oracles.  An oracle of Doom is a mouthpiece for a goddess.  An oracle of Dumb speaks out against dumb stuff or speaks dumb stuff.  

Oracles of Dumb are quintessentially mindfuckers, but it is good that they don't get around to mindfucks a whole lot or the eschaton would have been immanentized by now.  As innovators of mindfuckery, they show but one side of their genius or subgenius.  They may initiate other tactics to combat undesirables.  Such tactics are perceived by the other oracles to be the same as trolls, but said oracles are blind to the present.

What this world needs is more Oracles of Dumb.  We need more stupid stuff and people telling people it's stupid.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

I liked it, but for one little thing...

it's Limpio, not Limpo...big difference...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

n0, 17'5 7urd, 4|w4y5 h45 4nd 4|w4y5 w1|| b3.  8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

saint aini

Quote from: agent compassion|4m3...

I hereby declare agent compassion to be an oracle of lame.  She may add the title "Oracle of Lame" to her name.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: AgCompn0, 17'5 7urd, 4|w4y5 h45 4nd 4|w4y5 w1|| b3.

Quote from: Tower ControlNegative, Ghost Rider! The pattern is full!

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Quote1 h3r3by d3c|4r3 463n7 c0mp45510n 70 b3 4n 0r4c|3 0f |4m3. 5h3 m4y 4dd 7h3 717|3 "0r4c|3 0f |4m3" 70 h3r n4m3.

N0 7h4nk5. 1 d0n'7 74k3 0rd3r5 fr0m n0n3x1573n7 cr347ur35. 8)

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

0|24(L3 0|= |)UM8 pwns j00!

agent compassion

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

\X/|-|@+ @ [)|_||\/||}@$$
h3h3h3h3
y0u 4r3 7h3 w007, 4(

agent compassion

agent compassion

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: aini, oracle of dumb
Quote from: agent compassion|4m3...

I hereby declare agent compassion to be an oracle of lame.  She may add the title "Oracle of Lame" to her name.

I would disagree, but if Aini says it...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

Isn't this a cute little thread?
I love it.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Cain

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomIsn't this a cute little thread?
I love it.

I now see the atractiveness of suicide.........