News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Epistle Three: Dem Bones.

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2005, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The bones of Gurdjieff remain buried;
But not from lack of trying.

Rather, it is the digging itself that drives the bones deeper.

We claim to have the legends to the maps, we proclaim that we know how many miles are contained in an inch,Äîwe add our own shades, we fold down the corners of our favorite passages;
But many have only read the guide books, and have not walked the territory.

But just as the Ten Thousand Things need the Fool, the Keepers of the No-Gate need the Ivory-Tower Free Prisoners

(The apostles of enforced freedom);

And they will exist forevermore, as the Many orbit the One, learning but not knowing, watching but not learning, hearing but not watching, feeling but not hearing.

Through the offering of food, the tongue tastes, the mind interprets, the belly fills;
But is the soul freed?

Through the offering of violence, the fist raises, the mind rages, the belly clenches;
But is the soul freed?

The only escape is varied, and innumerable, the narrow path is wide and dusty;
All roads but an infinity leading back to the Tower of Horn.

There is no self-correcting ship, hands on the rudder at all times, Entropy, the Sister of Chaos, holds hands with Destruction;
But both lift their eyes towards Creation.

We draw our lines, we play with colors, we set fire to the legend, we play with monsters;
But we drive the bones deeper as we cavort.

There are those who have glimpsed the gleaming skeleton, Ten skulls, and Twenty-Two ligatures, but only for a moment;
For some, that is enough.

Others see not what they saw, and draw Mercator Projections, enlarging the small, contracting the large;
And they say they can navigate the oceans.

We cannot hold these truths to be self-evident;
For Truth of the self lacks evidence.

fluffy

do you mean gurdjieff?
if so you left out the r

and i like how your poem ends with
:pwned by scrabble::

just kiddin
i like it anywho

LMNO

Dammit, you'd think Microsoft Word would have "Gurdjieff" in it's spellcheck...

Well, serves me right for getting all mystical on y'all's asses....

fluffy