News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

ITT, Chef and I review poor political decisions.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 01, 2005, 10:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ScribeWhat do you think about the Hutton Inquiry and its findings, in particluar how this sheds light on how Tony Blair runs Government?

Roger:  I will leave any commentary on this to our senior British political analyst, Chef Diesel.

Chef Responds:  "DOCTOR KELLY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TESTED."

Roger:  Well, there you have it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWhat about the election of Carter?

Roger:  Do you mean the election of Jimmy Carter was bad, or

Chef interrupts:  "STFU, OPIE!  I GOT DIS ONE.  IT'S A FACT THAT ONLY THE DUMBASS DEMOCRATS WOULD HAVE WANTED TO WIN THAT ELECTION.  *SOMEONE* WAS GONNA GET LEFT HOLDING THA BAR TAB FOR VIETNAM, AND IT SURE AS HELL WASN'T GOING TO BE THA GOP.  SO THEY PICKED FORD TO REPLACE AGNEW (AND THEN NIXON), AND RAN HIS CLUMSY ASS AGAINST CARTER.  THEY LOST...SURPRISE!  AND THE DEMS ATE SHIT FOR 16 YEARS, DUE TO THE ROYAL ECONOMIC SHAFTING THEY GOT IN 1976-1980.  MEANWHILE, THA GOP WAS GROOMING THEIR GOLDEN BOY, REAGAN, TO STEP IN AFTER CARTER "FAILED".  STOOPID DEMS O\/\/NED.  AND1!!"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCVery good.

How about the Waco disaster?

Roger:  Was WACO caused by poor planning, or was there an actual conspiracy?

Chef Responds:  "DAVID KORESH STEPPED, AND GOT HIS JAW BROKE.  DO NEVER TEST AN UGLY-ASS ATTORNEY GENERAL."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

What about the LA riots of 1992 because of rodney king getting smacked by cops?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWhat about the LA riots of 1992 because of rodney king getting smacked by cops?

Roger:  I don't think it was the smackdown that caused it, IIRC, it was the not-guilty verdict on the offending officers.

Chef responds:  "YUO CALL *THAT* A RIOT?  I'VE SEEN TALUFA DO MORE DAMAGE (AND BEAT UP MORE KOREANS) AFTER A BAD DATE.  NOW, WATTS IN 68...*THAT* WAS A RIOT."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

What about when France decided to surrender to Hitler?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWhat about when France decided to surrender to Hitler?

Roger:  Is it WRONG to taunt the French?

Chef responds:  "IFFEN IT'S WRONG, OPIE, I DON'T WANNA BE RIGHT.  YUO KNOW WHY THA FRENCH PLANTED TREES ON THE CHAMP DE LESAISES?  SO THA KRAUTS COULD MARCH IN THA SHADE."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

How about when Bush vomited at that dinner in Tokyo?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCHow about when Bush vomited at that dinner in Tokyo?

Roger:  He puked on the Japanese foreign minister that called Americans "lazy" less than 3 weeks prior to that.  Neither Chef nor I consider that a "mistake", though Chef agrees with the Japanese foreign minister.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWhat about funding the contras?

Roger:  Oh, this one is EASY.

Chef responds:  "DAMN RIGHT IT'S EASY, OPIE.  TEH MISTAKE WAS GETTING CAUGHT.  THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YUO LET STOOPID CRACKAS TRY TO BE ALL SHADY.  THEY GET CAUGHT.  EVERY.  FUCKING.  TIME.  REAGAN SHOULD HAVE HIRED SOME TRIAD MEMBERS FOR THIS TYPE OF SHIT.  THEY'D FUCKING ANYBODY, AND THEY'D ALL COMMIT HARRY CAREY BEFORE TESTIFYING TO CONGRESS."

Cain

What about Thatcher ignoring intelligence concerns about an invasion of the Falklands?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

How about the "invasion" of Grenada?

And what about the mistake of not invading Cuba?