News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

ITT, Chef and I review poor political decisions.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 01, 2005, 10:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_WannabeWhat does CHEF think that is eventually going to happen to the US because of "our" insurrections against the rest of the world?

Roger:  Chef?

Chef responds: "THA USA IS FUXORED, SON.  IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.  THA REST OF THA WORLD WON'T COME AFTER THA USA WIFF BOMBS AND STUFF...THEY'LL JUST TRASH OUR ECONOMY AND THEN SIT BACK AND WATCH AMERICA DEVOUR ITSELF.  AMERICA = #1 AT SELF-OWNAGE."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWhat does Chef think about the secret deal between Bush and Bin Laden to keep giving each other excuses to exist?

Roger:  Would this explain why we haven't caught Bin Ladin?

Chef responds: "NOPE.  THIS IS PURE TINFOIL HAT MATERIAL.  THA USA HASN'T CAUGHT BIN LADIN BECAUSE THEY CAN'T.  THEY'RE JUST TOO STOOPID.  THEY PUT 11,000 MEN IN A HUGE MOUNTAIN RANGE TO LOOK FOR HIM, AND THEN FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT AND INVADED IRAQ.  MEANWHILE, OBL IS GETTING DIALYSIS IN A SAUDI HOSPITAL, AND LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF AT BUSH."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

What about Bin Laden's tape that surfaced right before the election.  You have the bad guy, Bin Laden, saying Bush is a bad guy, so psychologically weak people are going to get their excersize by jumping to the conclusion that everyone else who says Bush is a bad guy is in cahoots with Bin Laden.  How much did this hurt Kerry's chances?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyWhat about Bin Laden's tape that surfaced right before the election.  You have the bad guy, Bin Laden, saying Bush is a bad guy, so psychologically weak people are going to get their excersize by jumping to the conclusion that everyone else who says Bush is a bad guy is in cahoots with Bin Laden.  How much did this hurt Kerry's chances?

Roger:  With all due respect, Eldora, that was not a political mistake.

Cain

Was the UK and France not honouring their alliance with Czechoslovakia during the Sudentenland crisis in 1938 a mistake?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ScribeWas the UK and France not honouring their alliance with Czechoslovakia during the Sudentenland crisis in 1938 a mistake?

Roger:  Could WWII have been headed off, if Hitler had been spanked for the Sudatenland occupation?

Chef's response:  "NO."

East Coast Hustle

how about when we handed control of the Canal Zone back to Panama, who immediately contracted out its operation to a consortium composed primarily of some heavy-hitter Chinese nationals? How long before that comes back to bite us in the ass?

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodhow about when we handed control of the Canal Zone back to Panama, who immediately contracted out its operation to a consortium composed primarily of some heavy-hitter Chinese nationals? How long before that comes back to bite us in the ass?

8)

Roger:  Oh, this one's EASY.

Chef's response:  "TRUE DAT, OPIE!  YOU REMEMBER THAT LITTLE WAR WE HAD ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO, WHEN BUSH I KNOCKED NORIEGA THA FUCK OUT?  WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT WAS ALL ABOUT, SON?  THE LESSON WAS THIS:  'WE SAID WE WAS GONNA GIVE THE CANAL BACK, AND WE ARE...BUT JUST IN CASE YOU GET ANY FUNNY IDEAS ABOUT NOT LETTING US USE IT...BAM!'  AND1!!"

East Coast Hustle

yeah, I'm well aware of that, but Panama =/= China...anyway, here's another one for you...the pro-independence rhetoric coming from the new Taiwanese president: boldly asserting his country's right to exist as a national entity, or foolishly provoking Beijing at a time when America would be hard-pressed (and IMHO, unlikely) to defend Taiwan in the event of military action?

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodyeah, I'm well aware of that, but Panama =/= China...anyway, here's another one for you...the pro-independence rhetoric coming from the new Taiwanese president: boldly asserting his country's right to exist as a national entity, or foolishly provoking Beijing at a time when America would be hard-pressed (and IMHO, unlikely) to defend Taiwan in the event of military action?

8)

Roger:  Is Taiwan playing with fire?

Chef responds:  "NOPE.  CHINESE ARE EVEN STOOPIDER THAN OPIEZ.  THE CHINESE NAVY IS A JOKE, AND WOULD GET THEIR JAWS BROKE IF THEY MESSED WIFF TAIWAN'S MASSIVE FORTIFICATIONS AND ANTI-AIRCRAFT NET.  ADD IN THE AEGIS CRUIZERS THE USA SOLD TAIWAN, AND YOU HAVE A MASSIVE RECIPE FOR OWNAGE ON A COLLOSSAL SCALE.  CHINA WILL NEVER STEP."

East Coast Hustle

if I were Beijing, I'd just sit back and lob missile volleys across the strait until Taipei looked like Dresden circa 1944, then wait until the entire island was utterly demoralized and starving before I sent in the "Reunification Squads"...

8)

East Coast Hustle

I'm sorry...I have ot apologize for that baldfaced lie...if I was Beijing, I'd find me an opium den and a handful of dirty chinese hookers and forget all about some stupid island across the strait....

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodif I were Beijing, I'd just sit back and lob missile volleys across the strait until Taipei looked like Dresden circa 1944, then wait until the entire island was utterly demoralized and starving before I sent in the "Reunification Squads"...

8)

Roger:  I'll take this one, Chef.  BS (love those initials), what you fail to understand is that China wants Taiwan with their means of production intact.  What would China gain by a burned down Taiwan?  Not much.  Chine leaves the pointless lashing out to America.

East Coast Hustle

this is true, but the reality is that China could probably accomplish the total subjugation of hte taiwanese populace without destroying more than 5 or 10 percent of the industrial output capabilities of the entire island (remember, there's also a large manufacturing center in the south of the island), and even that could be restored relatively quickly once order was restored...

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodthis is true, but the reality is that China could probably accomplish the total subjugation of hte taiwanese populace without destroying more than 5 or 10 percent of the industrial output capabilities of the entire island (remember, there's also a large manufacturing center in the south of the island), and even that could be restored relatively quickly once order was restored...

8)

Roger:  You fail to take their aegis cruisers into account.  China's missiles are slow, and have no evasive capability.  China = wasted a lot of ordinance, Taiwan = pointing and laughing.