News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

ITT, Chef and I review poor political decisions.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 01, 2005, 10:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

china is mro like communist russia anyway, in that they utilize subterfuge to gain teh upper hand in their affairs.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodthis is true, but the reality is that China could probably accomplish the total subjugation of hte taiwanese populace without destroying more than 5 or 10 percent of the industrial output capabilities of the entire island (remember, there's also a large manufacturing center in the south of the island), and even that could be restored relatively quickly once order was restored...

8)

Roger:  You fail to take their aegis cruisers into account.  China's missiles are slow, and have no evasive capability.  China = wasted a lot of ordinance, Taiwan = pointing and laughing.

you're placing the defense of Taiwan in the hands of an AMERICAN anti-missile system?   :lol:

and remember, China HAS a shitload of ordinance to waste...unfortunately, it'll probably never happen, 'cause it'd make for DAMN good dinner theater...

8)

BS,
Is a war nerd at heart
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodthis is true, but the reality is that China could probably accomplish the total subjugation of hte taiwanese populace without destroying more than 5 or 10 percent of the industrial output capabilities of the entire island (remember, there's also a large manufacturing center in the south of the island), and even that could be restored relatively quickly once order was restored...

8)

Roger:  You fail to take their aegis cruisers into account.  China's missiles are slow, and have no evasive capability.  China = wasted a lot of ordinance, Taiwan = pointing and laughing.

you're placing the defense of Taiwan in the hands of an AMERICAN anti-missile system?   :lol:

and remember, China HAS a shitload of ordinance to waste...unfortunately, it'll probably never happen, 'cause it'd make for DAMN good dinner theater...

8)

BS,
Is a war nerd at heart

Roger:  Yes.  One thing Americans do VERY well is make weapons.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

true, with one notable exception: one thing americans don't do very well is shoot missiles out of the sky with smaller missiles.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodtrue, with one notable exception: one thing americans don't do very well is shoot missiles out of the sky with smaller missiles.

8)

Roger:  You make Gary Brecher cry, when you make huge mistakes like that.  Aegis cruiser != patriot missiles.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

I'd be willing to bet that Gary Brecher would agree with me on this one...perhaps we oughtta fire off an email to him?

8)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCTo Chef: WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

Roger:  That will take a full blown rant to explain, I think.  I'll translate it our of Chef, for the sake of everyone's eyes, and my caps lock.

Sometime this weekend.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCTo Chef: WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

Because it's a faggy country.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

East Coast Hustle

I actually think this thread is worth reviving.

Cain

Chef, why do British people think we are being infiltrated by Islamic extremists who are here in large numbers when the Government that launched 2 wars against Islamic countries are still in charge?

Buddha's Ghost Penis

WE ARE TO DECLARE THIS CLASSIC HELLO!

DO NEVER TEST THE UNTESTABLE BUDDHA WRATH!

OUR JUDGEMENT HAS FINAL!
WHY DID YOU BAN ME!?!?!

Enrico Salazar

Dearest Roger and Chef,

Please to be explaining where it all went wrong with Salaore?  What could be better than a tropical island ran by a gorgeous dictator who lets you do pretty much anything you want?
Did someone say gorgeous?

Cain

Chef, how could the government have handled the loss of 25 million peoples information from one of their databases better?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Enrico Salazar on February 23, 2006, 06:05:53 PM
Dearest Roger and Chef,

Please to be explaining where it all went wrong with Salaore?  What could be better than a tropical island ran by a gorgeous dictator who lets you do pretty much anything you want?

Dear Papa,

It all went wrong when Diabo steal the Z out of Salazore.  Crops not coming in, rent boys not going out.  Goats in short supply, being hogged up by Uday.  Tia Tequila cancel state visit.
Molon Lube