News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Ask me anything you wanted to know about the horrid truths..

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, March 11, 2005, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caster Braids

Summer will go have sex with Race Bannon.

Then begin dating Johnny Quest.

Oh, Glorious Day.
Can sin be forgiven?
I think... I want to be forgiven. ... More than anything.

But... I let you die...

"Shut up! Order and Chaos and your Stupid Plan don't mean a thing. She's gone! She'll no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry... or get angry... What about us... what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!"

I'll phone in a verdict.

Stay where you belong...

In my memories.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Yessiree! Hoots and hollers for all around, except some Olympian rabbit prey.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Caster Braids
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCThat sounds like a good idea, but only if I can unleash a pack of god-eating rabbits on Mount Olympus.

Summer accepts terms and gives words of praise for Fish Food.

DJRubberducky is ashamed to catch this reference. :D
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Caster Braids

Quote from: DJRubberducky
Quote from: Caster Braids
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCThat sounds like a good idea, but only if I can unleash a pack of god-eating rabbits on Mount Olympus.

Summer accepts terms and gives words of praise for Fish Food.

DJRubberducky is ashamed to catch this reference. :D

DJRubberducky.
Can sin be forgiven?
I think... I want to be forgiven. ... More than anything.

But... I let you die...

"Shut up! Order and Chaos and your Stupid Plan don't mean a thing. She's gone! She'll no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry... or get angry... What about us... what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!"

I'll phone in a verdict.

Stay where you belong...

In my memories.

agent compassion

Quote from: LMNOAre you serious? You wwant me to sent you a box? That's all they sell 'round these parts...

Oh hells YES!

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Chef, kitchen oracle

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCof Buddhist meditation.
SEE DIS?  DIS NICE MAN, HUGH, HE BE TRYIN TO HEP YA'LL WIFDA BUDDA SHIT AND YA'LL GO OFF ON SOME FUCKED UP THING GOT NOTHIN TO DO WIF BUDDA I CAN SEE.  MIGHT AS WELL BE TALKING ABOUT COOKIES AND PIES.  STILL TRYING TO FIGGER OUT HOW I AM OUTTA DAT BOYS HEAD BUT I BE HEARIN HIM STILL.  FUCKED UP.

CHEF INDA K-

WANTS TO HEAR MORE FROM HUGH ABOUT BUDDA AND SHIT LIKE DAT

East Coast Hustle

don't bother.

cookies and pies have won.

there's no point in trying to have a serious discussion here, and fuckit, let's face it...

if ya can't beat 'em, infiltrate and subvert them from within.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Quotedon't bother.

COOKIES!!!!!!!!

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

LMNO

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: LMNO

<Vader>I find your lack of milk disturbing.</Vader>
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthooddon't bother.

there's no point in trying to have a serious discussion here, and fuckit, let's face it...

if ya can't beat 'em, infiltrate and subvert them from within.

8)

There can be no subversion. Only PERVERSION.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Chef, kitchen oracle
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCof Buddhist meditation.
SEE DIS?  DIS NICE MAN, HUGH, HE BE TRYIN TO HEP YA'LL WIFDA BUDDA SHIT AND YA'LL GO OFF ON SOME FUCKED UP THING GOT NOTHIN TO DO WIF BUDDA I CAN SEE.  MIGHT AS WELL BE TALKING ABOUT COOKIES AND PIES.  STILL TRYING TO FIGGER OUT HOW I AM OUTTA DAT BOYS HEAD BUT I BE HEARIN HIM STILL.  FUCKED UP.

CHEF INDA K-

WANTS TO HEAR MORE FROM HUGH ABOUT BUDDA AND SHIT LIKE DAT

What's the sound of a mountain monk farting in the sauna?

Zurtok Khan

Lol Hugh.

What's your take on laypersons reaching enlightenment in Buddhism?  Do you see it as a requirement that one become a monk?  Do you think that Buddhism is the only way to that particular type of enlightment, or is all enlightment (Taoist, or Hindu, I mean) pretty much the same?

Yeah...uhh.  Yay!
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Saint Zurtok Ah.D.Lol Hugh.

What's your take on laypersons reaching enlightenment in Buddhism?  Do you see it as a requirement that one become a monk?  Do you think that Buddhism is the only way to that particular type of enlightment, or is all enlightment (Taoist, or Hindu, I mean) pretty much the same?

Yeah...uhh.  Yay!

Damn. I have been recalled to the topic.

Laypersons can reach enlightenment. Especially in my own root traditions (which are Karma-Kagyu and Nyingma) which have Lamas who aren't monks and who take consort/wives.  There is a saying that the Buddha said "One can shave one's head and wear saffron robes and still be foul inside."

Paradoxically: I think that Buddhism contains some successful paths to enlightenment...but only because I have witnessed living enlightenment in some of my teachers. I do not feel that it is necessary to become Buddhist to be enlightened. I don't think any Buddhist could feel that way. Enlightenment and mental freedom is not bound up to any doctrine or practice, even Buddhist ones.  However I do feel that Buddhism must be approached as Buddhism, meaning: A lifestyle/culture of awareness that embraces religion, art, philosophy, psychology, whathaveyou. Buddhism cannot work well if approached from only one of its aspects or from other religion's understandings.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Saint Zurtok Ah.D.Lol Hugh.

Yeah...uhh.  Yay!

Damn. I have been recalled to the topic.

Laypersons can reach enlightenment. Especially in my own root traditions (which are Karma-Kagyu and Nyingma) which have Lamas who aren't monks and who take consort/wives.  There is a saying that the Buddha said "One can shave one's head and wear saffron robes and still be foul inside."

Paradoxically: I think that Buddhism contains some successful paths to enlightenment...but only because I have witnessed living enlightenment in some of my teachers. I do not feel that it is necessary to become Buddhist to be enlightened. I don't think any Buddhist could feel that way. Enlightenment and mental freedom is not bound up to any doctrine or practice, even Buddhist ones.  However I do feel that Buddhism must be approached as Buddhism, meaning: A lifestyle/culture of awareness that embraces religion, art, philosophy, psychology, whathaveyou. Buddhism cannot work well if approached from only one of its aspects or from other religion's understandings.

woudla buddhist eat the fruti of a bodhi tree?

i dunno if it even ahs fruit, i just recalled soemthign iwas talkign abotu with seomobody else a few weeks back about the buddhist argument against eating meat, beign everythign is everything and meat is flesh of livign creatures or soemthing, but surely the buddhists would realize that flesh of vegetable is also fleshof a creaurea s well. there was obviously mroe to it than that...
Hell is other people.