News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

The Enlightenment

Started by Merciless Heathen, March 13, 2005, 09:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Well, I'll say one thing:  He's honest about being an asshole.

Which gives him a few points in my book.

Not enough to make me not want to smack him in the teeth a few times, but hey, honesty about yourself is a rare trait.

Even if is wasted on someone like him.

LMNO
-Is quite possible a hypocrite for saying this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HoshikoThis-  
QuoteWhat's more, I can tell my friends who CAN speak english about the other girls while Veronika is standing right next to me.
implies dishonesty. Would you say the same thing to them in Czech with her standing there if you could? You're making excuses in order to find workarounds for being open. In my book, that's dishonest.

It's also low class.  Definite trailer-trash behavior.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

I like to be able to have a conversation with someone I have a sexual relationship with.  Maybe I'm just weird.  I find good conversation to be stimulating as well as a good sense of humor.  Maybe this guy isn't capable of either and he only gets lucky with girls who can't speak English?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyI like to be able to have a conversation with someone I have a sexual relationship with.  Maybe I'm just weird.  I find good conversation to be stimulating as well as a good sense of humor.  Maybe this guy isn't capable of either and he only gets lucky with girls who can't speak English?

He reminds me of the fat bastard.  Seek any advantage, and use it as leverage to get laid.

Flash a bit of cash in a Eastern European's face, or blackmail a Mexican.

Almost the same thing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyI like to be able to have a conversation with someone I have a sexual relationship with.  Maybe I'm just weird.  I find good conversation to be stimulating as well as a good sense of humor.  Maybe this guy isn't capable of either and he only gets lucky with girls who can't speak English?

He reminds me of the fat bastard.  Seek any advantage, and use it as leverage to get laid.

Almost the same thing.
Yeah, it makes me wonder if Veronika considers it a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship or a hooker/john relationship?  And who is she fucking on the side.  Maybe he is a lousy fuck and she is sending the other girls over so she doesn't have to deal with him  :?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Almost the same thing.
Yeah, it makes me wonder if Veronika considers it a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship or a hooker/john relationship?  And who is she fucking on the side.  Maybe he is a lousy fuck and she is sending the other girls over so she doesn't have to deal with him  :?

Or maybe she likes him, and doesn't realize what a total piece of shit he is?

Scumbags like him are a large part of what's wrong with the world.  It isn't JUST our leaders that are assholes, you know.

QuoteScumbags like him are a large part of what's wrong with the world. It isn't JUST our leaders that are assholes, you know.
I do know that.  He as well as those like him are the main reason so many people need cookies and pie.  And why there are so many fat chicks.  And why there are so many women with scars.  The ones on their face from beatings, the ones on the inside you never see.  The ones on the inside hurt more.  And they are harder to heal.  They are harder to find.  But once you get to them, if you can heal them, you can wreak havoc with the social order.  You can create something even more dangerous than a revolutionary.  You can create an actual sentient being.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteScumbags like him are a large part of what's wrong with the world. It isn't JUST our leaders that are assholes, you know.
I do know that.  He as well as those like him are the main reason so many people need cookies and pie.  And why there are so many fat chicks.  And why there are so many women with scars.  The ones on their face from beatings, the ones on the inside you never see.  The ones on the inside hurt more.  And they are harder to heal.  They are harder to find.  But once you get to them, if you can heal them, you can wreak havoc with the social order.  You can create something even more dangerous than a revolutionary.  You can create an actual sentient being.

Virtual cookies and pie do none of the above.

TGRR,
Probably should take a break.

TGRR,
No, sometimes it takes real cookies and pies, and sometimes the cookies and pies are niether.  That is the beginning, you have to start somewhere.  You can't just walk up to someone and say let's change the world, they'll call the looney bin to come and get you.  You start by being nice to people who haven't had anyone be nice in a long time.  Then you are mean to the people that deserve it.

The Good Reverend Roger

TGRR,
No, sometimes it takes real cookies and pies, and sometimes the cookies and pies are niether.  That is the beginning, you have to start somewhere.  You can't just walk up to someone and say let's change the world, they'll call the looney bin to come and get you.  You start by being nice to people who haven't had anyone be nice in a long time.  Then you are mean to the people that deserve it.

Actually, I usually just thump people that need it desperately.

I don't usually INTEND to do that, but it always seems to work out that way.

TGRR,

And I usually hear the stories that people need to tell, the things that are bothering them, their deep dark secrets.  I don't intend to do it, I don't walk up to strangers and ask them to tell me weird things, they just do.  But it seems to make them feel better cookies, so I just listen and nodpie

The Good Reverend Roger

TGRR,

And I usually hear the stories that people need to tell, the things that are bothering them, their deep dark secrets.  I don't intend to do it, I don't walk up to strangers and ask them to tell me weird things, they just do.  But it seems to make them feel better cookies, so I just listen and nodpie

I'm more of a "negative reinforcement" kinda guy, it seems.

I specialize in smiting, but then...I AM a phage, after all.

We all work with what we have.  I am not very intimidating physically and I cannot picture you being the counseling type.  But we both can do a lot to fuck with the system and help those that need it.  Hippy :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyWe all work with what we have.  I am not very intimidating physically and I cannot picture you being the counseling type.  But we both can do a lot to fuck with the system and help those that need it.  Hippy :D

Help can take many forms.  Sometimes, smiting is a moral imperative.

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyWe all work with what we have.  I am not very intimidating physically and I cannot picture you being the counseling type.  But we both can do a lot to fuck with the system and help those that need it.  Hippy :D

Help can take many forms.  Sometimes, smiting is a moral imperative.
Sometimes it is. I absolutely agree.  I'm not the best one to do the smiting.  That's all.  I'm better at being really nice to mean people in such a way as to make them look like complete asses, that's fun.