News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

So what's the word

Started by DJRubberducky, March 19, 2005, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

no, it's the part where you're supposed to shut up and stop making yourself look like a jackass. or not, but I'm just about through being civil with you unless you either apologize for your unwarranted personal attacks on me or back up the things you've said. Seeing as I'm pretty sure we both have better things to do with our time, I suggest choosing option 1.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Good rant, Turd. Almost emo but not quite.
8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodno, it's the part where you're supposed to shut up and stop making yourself look like a jackass. or not, but I'm just about through being civil with you unless you either apologize for your unwarranted personal attacks on me or back up the things you've said. Seeing as I'm pretty sure we both have better things to do with our time, I suggest choosing option 1.

8)

I'll take option 3.

That would be the "not care" one.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodno, it's the part where you're supposed to shut up and stop making yourself look like a jackass. or not, but I'm just about through being civil with you unless you either apologize for your unwarranted personal attacks on me or back up the things you've said. Seeing as I'm pretty sure we both have better things to do with our time, I suggest choosing option 1.

8)
I was about to agree with you until I got to this post.  Holy Chao, wtf?  I think maybe you need some Midol or something.

PS I forgot this:

Pot calling Kettle, come in Kettle  :roll:

East Coast Hustle

I'm not being emo, and I'm not pissed. I just think that if someone's gonna attack me like that, they oughtta back their accusations up. If I go after someone, I usually explain why I think what I think about them. GitM has so far failed to do so. Since I like most of his posts outside of this thread, and think he's generally a reasonably intelligent guy, I've been trying to give him the opportunity to justify what he's said. failing that, I see no further reason to be civil to him, that's all I was saying.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I was referring to your rant about labels and racism. That was fucking brilliant.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Horab Fibslager

i don't seem to recall generally often making an ass out of my self, or board suiciding. in fact, that was the closest i came, and apparently it didn;t really help.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4474

may be what gitm is talkign about.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: agent compassionPerhaps I should have been more clear. I was referring to your rant about labels and racism. That was fucking brilliant.

8)

ahh. thank you. I liked that little blurb myself, and it's one of those things where I actually walk the walk instead of just talking about it. It might have something to do with spending several years as a child on an island where I was one of a handful of white people, but I've just never felt the need to see people as anything other than people.

8)

agent compassion

For me it comes from being a mutt, culturally speaking.... am I white? I look white. Don't FEEL white. I'm actually sort of beige, who decided that was white or that white was best, who gives a rat fuck about my melanin activity or anyone else's, who decided that was a valid criteria for determining how one should be treated?

And then the whole idea that a person's appearance is somehow a predictor of their character is bullshit too. People are not always on the inside the way they appear to be on the outside.

For instance. My mother is petite and wears glasses and is very laid back. One might assume she is a pushover. But she would fucking anybody if they messed with her. My brother who is much taller and heavier would test her on a regular basis in his teens, and she would mop the floor with him.

8)

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood
Quote from: agent compassionPerhaps I should have been more clear. I was referring to your rant about labels and racism. That was fucking brilliant.

8)

ahh. thank you. I liked that little blurb myself, and it's one of those things where I actually walk the walk instead of just talking about it. It might have something to do with spending several years as a child on an island where I was one of a handful of white people, but I've just never felt the need to see people as anything other than people.

8)

i agree for much the same reasons. then again, lately i've been runnning into alot of it on both uh sides.

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: DJRubberduckyfor when you don't actually flounce, you just make an utter fool of yourself for a couple of weeks in some vain delusion that you're making a point?

Who are we talking about?  Roger?  Horab?
Yes.

Okay.  Picking on the mentally ill is funny, right?

don't even put me in teh same league as roger. i may be mad but i'm not ill. i'm depressed and sad and lonely, but i don't use it as an excuse to be hateful. i'll admit, you can make me look like a ripe jackass from thign si've said on these forums,, but then it's one of my failigns that i'm honest plain speaking person, when it's time to speak plainly.

and don't confuse absurdist textuality with insanity.
Hell is other people.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: agent compassionFor me it comes from being a mutt, culturally speaking.... am I white? I look white. Don't FEEL white. I'm actually sort of beige, who decided that was white, who gives a rat fuck about my melanin activity or anyone else's, who decided that was a valid criteria for determining how one should be treated?

And then the whole idea that a person's appearance is somehow a predictor of their character is bullshit too. People are not always on the inside the way they appear to be on the outside.

8)

i'm pink and tan coloured...
Hell is other people.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: defective irc botdon't even put me in teh same league as roger.

You really hate him, don't you?

agent compassion

I think this is why I like message boards. I don't know who is what color/race and I don't really care. The boards let you be obscure, you can make friends based on what people say and think, not how they look.

8)

Horab Fibslager

now i do yes. is there a reason i shouldn't?

i forgave him even after he came back insulting me as he did.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: horab fibslager

now i do yes. is there a reason i shouldn't?

i forgave him even after he came back insulting me as he did.

You're such a kidder.  :lol:

Here, have a cookie.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.