News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Roger has a point about the pie and cookies

Started by Cain, March 19, 2005, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I mean, for the followers of a goddess of discord and chaos there does seem to be an awful ot of it about.  Just saying.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, but it's pointless to try to change them. One day they'll wake up to find their streets running with blood, and hopefully they won't have totally forgotten all the relevant things thay may have learned. Or they'll just be slowly reabsorbed by the Machine(tm) without ever even noticing it. As long as you and I make sure to look out for you and I, we'll come out OK no matter what happens.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodyeah, but it's pointless to try to change them. One day they'll wake up to find their streets running with blood,
8)

No, they won't.  Slowly, but surely, their streets will fill up with marching boots.

"Activities" like pie and cookies will be smiled upon by the powers that be, as harmless and distracting.

East Coast Hustle

sorry, the streets will indeed be running with blood and you're not invited to the party.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodsorry, the streets will indeed be running with blood and you're not invited to the party.

8)

Okay.  That's one advantage to being under the streets.

East Coast Hustle

yes, I imagine your choice in careers is indicative of your paralyzing inability to deal head on with conflict. Just remember, when we rebuild, people who hid in the sewers during the bloodshed won't be welcome.

Unless they're hot girls, of course.

BS,
wonders if you really thought you could just make personal attacks on me and then pretend it didn't happen

8)

Ben

I'll crash the party dressed as a clown with pie bombs and poison cookies.

Cain

Quote from: ManI'll crash the party dressed as a clown with pie bombs and poison cookies.

That is the correct attitude to have.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodyes, I imagine your choice in careers is indicative of your paralyzing inability to deal head on with conflict. Just remember, when we rebuild, people who hid in the sewers during the bloodshed won't be welcome.

Unless they're hot girls, of course.

BS,
wonders if you really thought you could just make personal attacks on me and then pretend it didn't happen

8)

You should probably get out more.

East Coast Hustle

:lol:

now that you've just proved that you know absolutely dick about me, do you have anything intelligent to say or are you just going to continue flailing?

8)

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood:lol:

now that you've just proved that you know absolutely dick about me, do you have anything intelligent to say or are you just going to continue flailing?

8)

You take this way too seriously.

It's only an internet forum, man.

East Coast Hustle

Ben

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine
Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood:lol:

8)

You take this way too seriously.

It's only an internet forum, man.
Not to him.  To him it's the means to take over the world!

agent compassion

I will refuse to fight their way, and instead confuse them into paralysis with pie and ponies and accordion music and whatever else I need to do to make them snap out of it. Because you know, when it all comes crashing down, it's going to be hella hard to find a functioning hospital should I need limbs re-attached.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: agent compassionI will refuse to fight their way, and instead confuse them into paralysis with pie and ponies and accordion music and whatever else I need to do to make them snap out of it. Because you know, when it all comes crashing down, it's going to be hella hard to find a functioning hospital should I need limbs re-attached.

8)

Uh...No offense, but you are going to try to confuse the world with cacophony?

That's like bringing coals to Newcastle.