News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Roger has a point about the pie and cookies

Started by Cain, March 19, 2005, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: HoshikoDon't let the anti-pie fascism of team B get to you. Deep down both sides are all just cuddly pink marshmallow bunnies with really bad attention spans.

And whether people admit it or not, there's room for all points of view here if you're willing to be stubborn about them and back them up.

Sure.  It's just sad to watch this forum descend into the same bickering and hatefulness you see on every other forum on the internet.

IMO, Roger, BS, and Horab need to chill out.  And the rest of us need to stop fueling the fire.  Here's an idea; we all ignore the hateful posts, and let them wither on the vine.  If we don't encourage that kind of post, the people responsible might just start posting something interesting to gain attention.

Hoshiko

They will, believe me. I've seen it time and time again. A certain amount of tension builds, and people have to let off some steam before things get back to normal. That includes the people who fan the flames. They're all a part of it as a whole. Different cast, same thing. Human nature.

Things will go bakc to normal for a time, and then the cycle begins anew. It's the price you pay for having so many stubborn and witty and cantankarous and bright people all jammed together.

Although sometimes it gets more serious (like this time) and there're personal feelings and vendettas involved. I try not to get too involved, because I know that there's more going on behind the scenes than we realize.

You have to understand that many of the people here know each other IRL. If you got caught in the cross fire, then I for one will apologize and hope you don't think that we're usually this rude to bystanders.

But I get the sense that you're a lurker or previous poster, so I might be stating the obvious here.
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

Cain

It is part of the wonderful cycle on internet forums, it seems.  Hopefully most people here are mature enough to realize it is only a forum, when all is said and done.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: HoshikoThey will, believe me. I've seen it time and time again. A certain amount of tension builds, and people have to let off some steam before things get back to normal. That includes the people who fan the flames. They're all a part of it as a whole. Different cast, same thing. Human nature.

Things will go bakc to normal for a time, and then the cycle begins anew. It's the price you pay for having so many stubborn and witty and cantankarous and bright people all jammed together.

Although sometimes it gets more serious (like this time) and there're personal feelings and vendettas involved. I try not to get too involved, because I know that there's more going on behind the scenes than we realize.

You have to understand that many of the people here know each other IRL. If you got caught in the cross fire, then I for one will apologize and hope you don't think that we're usually this rude to bystanders.

But I get the sense that you're a lurker or previous poster, so I might be stating the obvious here.

I've been lurking for quite some time (I would occasionally post unregged as "lurker").

As for vendettas, etc, Roger and Horab are on my ignore list for the duration.  BS isn't quite as bad, IMO, and I am just blowing past his posts that go over the line.

Hoshiko

I'm sorry to hear that. You're missing out.

Or you will be soon. You'll see.

Hey, are one of the lurkers that refused my calling out game? I'll have to tax you for that. It's a rule  :wink:

Scribe, I think part of the problem is that it isn't just a forum to some. We meet people from here, interact with them in other ways... so when someone posts something rude on this board, it goes from the realm of words on a screen to become a personal violation with repercussions. I think that this time it went too far on a personal note, but what can you do? Things will work themselves out how they will, and hopefully no one burns their bridges for good.

With the bass on crunk.

Cain

Perhaps, but I am pretty unaware as to who reacts with who or what.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: HoshikoI'm sorry to hear that. You're missing out.

Or you will be soon. You'll see.

Hey, are one of the lurkers that refused my calling out game? I'll have to tax you for that. It's a rule  :wink:

Scribe, I think part of the problem is that it isn't just a forum to some. We meet people from here, interact with them in other ways... so when someone posts something rude on this board, it goes from the realm of words on a screen to become a personal violation with repercussions. I think that this time it went too far on a personal note, but what can you do? Things will work themselves out how they will, and hopefully no one burns their bridges for good.

That's a chance I'm willing to take, to avoid the bickering.

No, I don't think anyone ever called me out, so I guess you'll have to audit me. :lol:

They Are Leaving This Board, FOREVER!  (See you tomorrow) :lol:

Hoshiko

Quote from: ScribePerhaps, but I am pretty unaware as to who reacts with who or what.

I know. so just sit back and enjoy the show, or jump in the fray if you'd like. We're equal opportunity insulters.

Just trying to explain why some of it seems so heated.

Quote from: GITMNo, I don't think anyone ever called me out, so I guess you'll have to audit me.

Well... ok then... <glances at you> All you lurkers look alike.

You dodged it this time I guess. But we'll get you somehow.  :twisted:

With the bass on crunk.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Hoshiko
Quote from: ScribePerhaps, but I am pretty unaware as to who reacts with who or what.

I know. so just sit back and enjoy the show, or jump in the fray if you'd like. We're equal opportunity insulters.

Just trying to explain why some of it seems so heated.

Quote from: GITMNo, I don't think anyone ever called me out, so I guess you'll have to audit me.

Well... ok then... <glances at you> All you lurkers look alike.

You dodged it this time I guess. But we'll get you somehow.  :twisted:

Yeah...my boss says the same thing. :lol:

Hoshiko

You're boss? Knowing your job, I'm scared to ask what you dodged.

:lol:

With the bass on crunk.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: HoshikoYou're boss? Knowing your job, I'm scared to ask what you dodged.

:lol:

Giant alligators, CHUDs, and a rat the size of a Buick.

See?  Not so scary.

Hoshiko

Thank god! For a second there I thought it was an ACTUAL Buick!

The grills smart like a mother.

Glad you're not a CHUD yet.

With the bass on crunk.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: HoshikoGlad you're not a CHUD yet.

I'll have enough seniority in another 2 years.

Horab Fibslager

i'm out of it. i wan tnone of it. really, even this other hoopla with the other thing and the whatnot.

the whoel other thing went wild or soemthing, werid vibes, and uninitentional. the hting with teh otehr was uh yeah, foolishness - largely on my part apparently. and no that doesn't mean i'm making up with so and so, but it means i'm out of the whatnot thingamajig,reacting and hatefulness.

i ran outta ketchup chips. :/
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: ScribeI mean, for the followers of a goddess of discord and chaos there does seem to be an awful ot of it about.  Just saying.

Pie and cookies is just Irish-speak for gonads and strife, dads. Dig?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"