News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

sorry, there are no pies or cookies in this thread

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 26, 2005, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: horab fibslagerhopefulyl one of soem good shit

i always wondered - with lethal injection do they give ya stuff that gets you you really high? or stuff that gives you the msot painful death possibly, liek all your nerves on fire and shit.

I wonder about that myself. Knowing human beings, they probably shoot you up with an over dose of anaesthetic mixed with some habanero juice or something that causes real burns....and some mindwarping drug that stretches out the last three seconds to feel like years. Humans would do that kinda shit.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

DJRubberducky

Quote from: http://www.richard.clark32.btinternet.co.uk/injection.htmlWhen the condemned person has made any final statement, the prison warden gives the signal for the execution to begin and the technician(s), hidden from view behind a two way mirror, begins to manually inject the three chemicals comprising typically 15 - 50 cc of Sodium thiopental, 15 - 50 cc of Pavulon (the generic name for Pancuronium bromide) and 15 - 50 cc of Potassium chloride. There is a short interval between each chemical during which saline solution is injected to clean the IV line and prevent any chemical reaction which could block it. Typically the actual injections will take from three to five minutes to complete.

All the chemicals used in America are standard medical drugs. Sodium thiopental is a short acting barbiturate which is used widely as an anaesthetic and causes unconsciousness very quickly if injected into a vein. Pavulon is a muscle relaxant that paralyses the diaphragm and thus arrests breathing whilst Potassium chloride finishes the job by causing cardiac arrest. It is used in cardiac surgery to stop the heart.
In most cases the prisoner is unconscious about a minute after the Sodium thiopental has been injected and is dead in around eight minutes, with no obvious signs of physical suffering.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LMNO

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
I dunno. Look at some of the Xtians worshipping the cross....does anyone know how torturous death by crucifixion was/is? Why use that as a symbol of worship? I sometimes get the funny idea that they really are worshipping death....not just death, but a horrible medieval death....it all makes sense that way, considering the history.

[anerisian]

Well, considering that the Jesus Gambit is a variation on the Dionysus Game, they are in a sense worshipping death... the only problem is that the Xtians skipped the part about how fun it was to create new life, and how to enjoy that life while it flowered...

[/anerisian]

Yahtomet

LMNO, being Anerisian is one of the most Erisian things an Erisian/Discordian/Yay Chaosian person can do in my view.

LMNO

I'm trying to get better about identifying which is which.

Although, that is only a two-valued system... I'll need to invent more terms...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: YahtometLMNO, being Anerisian is one of the most Erisian things an Erisian/Discordian/Yay Chaosian person can do in my view.

No.

Giving yourself to Jesus is the most Erisian thing you can do. REPENT SINNER!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"