News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

sorry, there are no pies or cookies in this thread

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 26, 2005, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

from the mouth of one of our country's elected "leaders":

Quote from: Tom DeLay

And so it,Äôs bigger than any one of us, and we have to do everything that is in our power to save Terri Schiavo and anybody else that may be in this kind of position.

And let me just finish with this: This is exactly the issue that,Äôs going on in America. That attacks against the conservative movement, against me, and against many others. The point is, it,Äôs, the other side has figured out how to win and defeat the conservative movement. And that is to go after people, personally charge them with frivolous charges, and link that up with all these do-gooder organizations funded by George Soros, and then, and then get the national media on their side. That whole syndicate that they have going on right now is for one purpose and one purpose only and that,Äôs to destroy the conservative movement. It,Äôs to destroy conservative leaders and it,Äôs, uh, not just in elected office but leading. I mean Ed Feulner, today at the Heritage Foundation, was under attack in the National Journal. I mean they, they, this is a huge nationwide concerted effort to destroy everything we believe in, and, and you need to look at this and what,Äôs going on and participate in fighting back.

Don,Äôt, you know, the one way they stopped churches from getting into politics was Lyndon Johnson, who passed a law that said you couldn,Äôt get in politics or you,Äôre going to lose your tax exempt status because they were all opposed to him when he was running for president. That law we,Äôre trying to repeal; it,Äôs very difficult to do that. But the point is, is when they can knock out a leader then no other leader will step forward for awhile because they don,Äôt want to go through the same thing. When, if they go after and get a pastor then other pastors shrink from what they should be doing. It forces Christians back into the church and that,Äôs what,Äôs going on in America: ,ÄúThe world is too bad. I,Äôm going to go get inside this building and I,Äôm not going to play in the world.,Äù Uh, that,Äôs not what Christ asked us to do. And, and so this, they understand that it is a political maneuver, and, and they are, uh, going to try to destroy the conservative movement and we have to fight back.

So, please, this afternoon, each and every one of you, if you know a senator give him a call. Tell him, they,Äôll say, ,ÄúOur bill can pass in the House.,Äù Tell him, ,ÄúThat,Äôs fine. Your bill,Äôs okay but the House bill is better and, uh, I want the House bill.,Äù Particularly if you know Democrats, uh, don,Äôt let them get off the hook, um, by hiding behind one House and the other is adjourned. We can do anything we need to do to pass any bill that we need to pass. So I appreciate what you,Äôre doing. God bless you and thank you for the Family Research Council.

just thought the more politically inclined among you might find this interesting.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Gee, I hope you like going to church, because it looks like you may have to soon...

agent compassion

From my other board:

"Unattributed summary received in my inbox-

Things I learned this week over this case

1) Jeb Bush, George W. Bush, and Tom Delay are all world renowned neurologists.

2) 22 successive court battles that all ended in exactly the same way means there is something wrong with the courts, not the Schindler's case.

3) Mike is after money which is why he turned down 1 million dollars and 10 million dollars to sign over guardianship.

4) Congress and the State Legislature of Florida has nothing better to do than pry into the private medical affairs of others.

5) Starvation is bad in Florida when authorized by the legal next-of-kin, but starvation is good in Texas when you run out of money and the mother pleads not to pull the feeding tube on her baby.

6) Medical diagnoses are best performed by watching highly edited videotape made by Randall Terry rather than in person by trained physicians.

7) Minimum wage making nursing assistants are more qualified to diagnose a persistent vegetative state than experienced neurologists.

8) Cerebrospinal fluid is a magical potion that can mimic the entire functions of a missing cerebral cortex.

9) 15 years in the same persistent state is not really enough to make an accurate diagnosis.

10) A feeding tube that infuses yellow nutritional goop is not really "life support".

11) Jesus was wrong when he said that a man and woman should leave their parents and cleave only to each other.

12) Marriage is the most sacred of all unions, except when it isn't.

13) Interfering in a family's private tragedy is a great reason to cut short a vacation, but getting a memo that warns a known terrorist is determine to strike inside the US is cause to relax and finish up some R&R.

14) Pro-lifers are really compassionate people which is why they are hoping that Michael Schiavo dies a horrible painful death.

15) The Supreme Court of the United States and the State Supreme Court of Florida mean "Maybe" when they are saying "No!".

16) Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is a bleeding heart liberal.

17) 7 Supreme Court Justices were appointed by Republican presidents, so it's Clinton's fault."

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Yahtomet

Simple, if churches can be involved in politics and still be tax exempt, you can all come to the Church of the Human Rights Campaign.

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

LMNO

agent compassion

Thanks, but I didn't write it. I wish I had though....

8)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

All these fucking polticians and uber Christians need to just mind their own goddamned business. If they want to fight in a crusade, I am sure the army needs more recruits for Iraq.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

CannedLizard

Is it bad I'm leaning towards the pro-lifer side of this issue? I've not made up my mind, and I think the government (or at least the federal and executive parts) shouldn't get involved, but I'm tempted towards agreeing with the pro-lifers.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Horab Fibslager

i think they(pro-lifers) shoudl kill all thsoe fuckers.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I think everyone should just stay out of that woman and her family's business. What a fucking disrepect! If that happened to someone in my family, all of the busybody nosy religious and political freaks and agendoids would probably be burned from the face of the earth like the mournful plague that they are.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

I think that allowing her to die of dehydration is cruel. They should have blwon that poor woman's brains out 15 years ago.

I wish the pro-lifers cared as much about the lives of people starving to death in destitude 3rd world countries, people starving to death on the city streets of 1st world contries, proletariats who can't aford medical expenses, Iraqis who have been starved, slaughtered, butchered, blown up, lit on fire, raped, and given cancer by our military, U.S. soldiers giving their brave lives for a meaningless, greedy, amoral cause, Palestinians who get their houses bulldozen by Israel, Arabians who get their heads chopped off for being gay, prisoners of war who are tortured, and all of the Muslims that "disappeared" after 9/11, to name a few examples, as they did about the lives of belly mucous and people with liquid cerebral cortexes

I think the great philosopher George Carlin said something about Republicans along the lines of that they care about people up until the age of 3. Then, fuck 'em.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellI think that allowing her to die of dehydration is cruel. They should have blwon that poor woman's brains out 15 years ago.

I wish the pro-lifers cared as much about the lives of people starving to death in destitude 3rd world countries, people starving to death on the city streets of 1st world contries, proletariats who can't aford medical expenses, Iraqis who have been starved, slaughtered, butchered, blown up, lit on fire, raped, and given cancer by our military, U.S. soldiers giving their brave lives for a meaningless, greedy, amoral cause, Palestinians who get their houses bulldozen by Israel, Arabians who get their heads chopped off for being gay, prisoners of war who are tortured, and all of the Muslims that "disappeared" after 9/11, to name a few examples, as they did about the lives of belly mucous and people with liquid cerebral cortexes

I think the great philosopher George Carlin said something about Republicans along the lines of that they care about people up until the age of 3. Then, fuck 'em.

Those are the valid points. I don't know if is all that cruel for Mrs. Schiavo to be dehydrated to death, since she has no cognition whatsoever. But then again, all my sources are second hand, and it isn't for me to say. All I know is I am getting a living will, so there won't be any of this run around should something similar happen to me.

I just hate Right-to-Lifers in general and feel they should be shot on principle. They kill doctors who perform abortions and have the nerve to call women's right to control her own body a "holocaust of fetuses" or some other such sentimentalized religio-emo crap type statements.

I dunno. Look at some of the Xtians worshipping the cross....does anyone know how torturous death by crucifixion was/is? Why use that as a symbol of worship? I sometimes get the funny idea that they really are worshipping death....not just death, but a horrible medieval death....it all makes sense that way, considering the history.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Oh yeah, I agree.

I think she should be allowed to die with dignity, though, like a lethal injection.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Horab Fibslager

hopefulyl one of soem good shit

i always wondered - with lethal injection do they give ya stuff that gets you you really high? or stuff that gives you the msot painful death possibly, liek all your nerves on fire and shit.
Hell is other people.