Main Menu

ATTN: Americans under the age of 27

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 29, 2005, 12:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

you NEED to read these.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.163:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.89:

neither bill has passed through both the House and the Senate yet, but that may have more to do with timing and semantics than any real opposition to the idea. And neither has been killed off when there have been opportunities to do so.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

CannedLizard

There's probably ALWAYS a conscription bill in the house.

And even if it gets enacted...you guys are fucked! Bet you wish you were in Canada!
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Horab Fibslager

i sure wish i was in canada.

wait i am. w00t!

fuck you n00bz!
Hell is other people.

Great Teacher Largo

I'm okay.  I met a nice Aussie the other day at Old Navy, and we spent about an hour talking outside the store whilst smoking, and he said if I ever needed to emmigrate to Australia, he'd sponsor me.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

agent compassion

All bills get composted at the end of a session if they're still in committee. Which is good.
But then the idiots who wrote them re-write them and stick them out there again.
Which is bad.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: CannedLizardThere's probably ALWAYS a conscription bill in the house.

And even if it gets enacted...you guys are fucked! Bet you wish you were in Canada!

I ain't. I passed the draft age some time ago.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

agent compassion

And I'm a chick, and Reset's got enough little odd health problems to make him basically ineligible.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Horab Fibslager

beign a chick probaly won't help you.

thank women's lib ;)
Hell is other people.

agent compassion

Horab Fibslager

with anyone's luck, they'll up it to 35. teh hoyl land is a big palce to have soldiers on every corner.
Hell is other people.

CannedLizard

Quote from: horab fibslageri sure wish i was in canada.

wait i am. w00t!

fuck you n00bz!

Yeah, but you're in Alberta. Alberta plans to join the US at the end of 2006.

Quote from: horab fibslagerbeign a chick probaly won't help you.

thank women's lib ;)

To quote my favourate sci-fi author, Lois McMaster Bujold:

Quote from: Shards of Honor, by Lois McMaster BujoldMale soldier: Women shouldn't be in war.
Female soldier: Neither should men, what's the difference?
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: CannedLizard
Quote from: horab fibslageri sure wish i was in canada.

wait i am. w00t!

fuck you n00bz!

Yeah, but you're in Alberta. Alberta plans to join the US at the end of 2006.

Quote from: horab fibslagerbeign a chick probaly won't help you.

thank women's lib ;)

To quote my favourate sci-fi author, Lois McMaster Bujold:

Quote from: Shards of Honor, by Lois McMaster BujoldMale soldier: Women shouldn't be in war.
Female soldier: Neither should men, what's the difference?

lol true enough to teh man/women thing.
i guess. i disagree with less on principle and more on instinct.

as for alberta joining the states, well soem folks do grumble about secession from teh confederacy, tho it's grumbles as opposed to what has happened int eh past in quebec. hpefully we'll get a pm in soon who isn't such a big fucking moron as to promise to allow the senetors elect to serve in the fed senate, instead of appointing some gardner lady and party felatiater.

got a link or anything?
Hell is other people.

Zurtok Khan

I have too many health problems (and I'm sure I can come up with more...) to be conscripted.  I'm also a pacifist (when it suits me of course), and I'm openly gay.  Ohh, and I'm blind, but only when it comes to the phrase "Don't ask, don't tell."  I'm sure I can develop the terrible habit of inviting all of my supeiror officers to share my bed for the night.

Ohh, and I'm a part of a cult and represent a national security risk.  Or at least I'll affiliate myself with one if it comes to that.  I'm sure the CIA thinks we're all some kind of lazy cult, anyway.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Horab Fibslager

i'll go willingly as long as tehy allow me to have discordian stamped on my dog tags. religious obligation you know.
Hell is other people.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

If my dozens of mental illnesses and physical maladies aren't enough to save me from the draft, and I can't escape to Europe in time, I could always part with two of my fingers.

And if not, what use to the U.S. army is a soldier who refuses to shoot? And it could be another Aneristic institution to mindfuck.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]