News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Welcome to the post-American century

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 30, 2005, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

At this point, we can assume that the decline of American geopolitical influence is inevitable, and that in a few short years we will be briefly on an equal footing with the Chinese as they pass us for ascendancy to Global Superpower status. The only possible counterbalance we have, both in a military sense and an economic sense, is India. The prudent American statesman would do everything within reason to keep India happy with us and exploit their natural anti-sino tendencies in an attempt to keep China in check. Which is why it should come as no surprise to anyone that our administration has recently pissed India off to no end by authorizing the sale of F-16s to Pakistan, India's mortal enemy. Yeah, we'll sell 'em to India too, but they don't care about that. They had air supremacy when neither country had F-16s, so it's a loss of strategic advantage for them, as well as a perceived loss of face.

Way to perpetuate the self-ownage, Bushites.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Bathory's SainthoodAt this point, we can assume that the decline of American geopolitical influence is inevitable, and that in a few short years we will be briefly on an equal footing with the Chinese as they pass us for ascendancy to Global Superpower status. The only possible counterbalance we have, both in a military sense and an economic sense, is India. The prudent American statesman would do everything within reason to keep India happy with us and exploit their natural anti-sino tendencies in an attempt to keep China in check. Which is why it should come as no surprise to anyone that our administration has recently pissed India off to no end by authorizing the sale of F-16s to Pakistan, India's mortal enemy. Yeah, we'll sell 'em to India too, but they don't care about that. They had air supremacy when neither country had F-16s, so it's a loss of strategic advantage for them, as well as a perceived loss of face.

Way to perpetuate the self-ownage, Bushites.

8)

Don't be jealous of America's freedoms.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

LMNO

Accurate assessment, Bath.

Would marching on a road of bones help this situation?

Horab Fibslager

i wonder if he's aware that china was a superpower all throughout the coldwar... and uh still is.

i mean i'm pretty suer they're permanent members of the un security council for a reason, and one of i think five with veto power.
Hell is other people.

Hitchsnot

We could always go free India, Pakistan, and China as well. If you don't think we can do it, consult Jesus. I am sure the free Iraqi people would agree.... Y'know? We, as free Americans need to stand up and support the efforts of OUR country. Me, as a patriot, back the leaders of this country in every bomb they drop and every innocent they torture. I think it is good to kill people. And if you are a hippy, you will die. Between the Sunnies, Shites(Did I just say Shits?) and the Kurds, I am sure Iraq will find the freedom they so desire. As OUR great President Bush said, "The differences of the Iraqi people will be solved through debate and persuasion instead of force and intimidation." WHAT THE FUCK! Where was this advice when we were bombing the shit out of them and destroy hundreds of thousands of innocent lives? Can anybody tell me?
Ok.... I have rambled on too long. I need a cupcake. Does anyone have a cupcake I can have?
And then it happened.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: horab fibslageri wonder if he's aware that china was a superpower all throughout the coldwar... and uh still is.

i mean i'm pretty suer they're permanent members of the un security council for a reason, and one of i think five with veto power.

China has been a power for a long time, but never really achieved superpower status. their ICBM program is young and untested, in comparison to the US and Russia, and they've never really acted on their expansionist ambitions in any meaningful fashion. They are about to achieve their status as a superpower through economic rather than military means, although I would expect the one to follow fairly close behind the other. My guess is that if we don't find a way to stop Chinese ascendancy (and we won't), they'll take Eastern Siberia within 10 years, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them expand west beyond Tibet and set up a series of "buffer states" between themselves and India a la the USSR after WW2. They will be the dominant power on the Pacific Rim within the next 20 years.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Hitchsnot

And the prophecy shall be fulfilled!
And then it happened.

Cain

BTW, India hates the US too.  Alot to do with supporting Pakistan, and something about withholding aid during a crop failure or something in the 50s.  I mean, only a few million died...

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

When America's economy is in the toilet, I'll be laughing my ass off as I eat my dogfood and learn French and Chinese.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: ScribeBTW, India hates the US too.  Alot to do with supporting Pakistan, and something about withholding aid during a crop failure or something in the 50s.  I mean, only a few million died...

uhh...d'you read the first post?

true though. also, don't forget good old Union Carbide.

8)

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood
Quote from: horab fibslageri wonder if he's aware that china was a superpower all throughout the coldwar... and uh still is.

China has been a power for a long time, but never really achieved superpower status. their ICBM program is young and untested, in comparison to the US and Russia, and they've never really acted on their expansionist ambitions in any meaningful fashion. They are about to achieve their status as a superpower through economic rather than military means, although I would expect the one to follow fairly close behind the other. My guess is that if we don't find a way to stop Chinese ascendancy (and we won't), they'll take Eastern Siberia within 10 years, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them expand west beyond Tibet and set up a series of "buffer states" between themselves and India a la the USSR after WW2. They will be the dominant power on the Pacific Rim within the next 20 years.

8)

the icbm thign is niether young nor untested, jsut never paid any attention to. havin one super power enemy is alot easier toswallow thantwo suepr power enmies, for the public that is, and if tehy didnt' proliferate as greatly as teh ussr or th eusa, well, who can blame them? i'm sure with 1/10th the arsenal of eithe rthe us or russia, they have enough nuclears weapons to kil every man woman and child on teh face fo teh earth a time or two. and the delivery systems to make it a reality if that were to ever occur.

but yeah, they're movign on an econopmic front as opposed to teh aggresive ideo/gun in your face/subterfuge approach both the usa and the ussr took in the cold war. and yeah their plebeiscite(or whatever the word is the peasantry?)has greater economic potential than the entire western world. why? because not only do they have great credit, they have no debt. nevermidn the government holding much of the western world's debt. i think 20 years is a bit over cautious. more liek 5-10, if not sooner.
Hell is other people.

/o\

with oil running out and america's debt and war tendecy the world is up for a few dozens wacks of eris hammer of balance.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Hate Factory

8)

They may take longer. China usually annexes slowly. The whole Tibet thing was just for show and a damned good lucky window of opportunity that would have disappeared had India gotten Tibet first.

Some things that may stop China are Taiwan, India, SE Asia, and Japan. Japan still wants ownership and dominance of the pacific. Taiwan practically controls most of the mainland Chinese economy. India would nuke them and dynamite all the Himalayan passes so no irradiated refugees could cross. And SE Asia is "China's Vietnam" as much as it was "America's Vietnam."
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Anonymous

Quote from: LMNOAccurate assessment, Bath.

Would marching on a road of bones help this situation?

If not, he can always plagiarize some more.

Cain

Quote from: Se?±or Misterioso
Quote from: ScribeBTW, India hates the US too.  Alot to do with supporting Pakistan, and something about withholding aid during a crop failure or something in the 50s.  I mean, only a few million died...

uhh...d'you read the first post?

true though. also, don't forget good old Union Carbide.

8)

I was replying to Hitchsnot. At the time I was in an internet cafe and was checking emails.