News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Robert Anton Wilson

Started by Apocalypse Dude, August 25, 2003, 01:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypse Dude

I read the Shrodinger Cat series

I've read his encyclopedia of conspiracy theories Everything is Under Control.

I've never read the Illuminatus! series.

What SHOULD I read of his?
Episkopos of the Slackjawed Cabal, POEE.

"Not does she bag he slackjawed but let out a 'Whoa!'"

Slarti

there's already a post on this, entitled 'RAW' somewhere. but just off the top of the head, i'd say everything.

Rev Thwack

well, everything is all good and all, but I would say that his grocery list from April 12th, 1973 was his best work ever. You should check it out.
My balls itch...

Slarti

woo-hoo!!!!

i got illuminatus- the full book! off of kazaa! now all i have to do is print it!!!

(that's the last place i'll post that, swear to bob.)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"The Shrodinger's Cat Trilogy"  is the best by far!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

riff

If you haven't read the Illuminatus! trilogy, read the Illuminatus! trilogy!!  I mean, sheesh, that's the one that's actually about Discordians and stuff...

But after that, read, Reality Is What You Can Get Away With, and then Quantum Psychology (if you're into either psychology or quantums)
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

Trollax

oooh... quantum psychology...

and yes... the trilogy is fun... I was trippin out last night because of reading it...

seanfish

Just got the Illuminatus trilogy from some fucknuts little library so small it looks like a burst pimple on the map of even my tiny country. Why the hell do they have it and my (the largest in the southern hemisphere) public library doesn't?

Because our buyers, and I know them personally, don't think outside the box too much when it comes to fiction. Top ten, a wave thrown at genre so mainstream you could weep and a trickle for the real freaks out there. Oh well.

All ranting aside, I'm super-pleased.
Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be
I'm askin you baby, to get it on with me
I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna push
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin round the bush...

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on

-- Marvin Gaye

Official

RAW is prismatic. RAW is not Geno. Therefore 2+1=0.
Official Guest, Pirate, Ninja, Bastard, and Shit-Stirrer, at your service. (Purple Monkey Cabal)

aloc

RAW rocks, it only took a few pages of the prometheus for me to realize that he was a genious, and just a little more pages to realize that he's not even half of what we all can be ^^
This is not 3d!

aloc

Quote from: RiffIf you haven't read the Illuminatus! trilogy, read the Illuminatus! trilogy!!  I mean, sheesh, that's the one that's actually about Discordians and stuff...

But after that, read, Reality Is What You Can Get Away With, and then Quantum Psychology (if you're into either psychology or quantums)
DO NOT forget schrodingers cat, Thats about hte strangest book Ive ever read and its so darn good I must have it in my house at all times.. At All Times. :P
This is not 3d!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

And also read 'Liber Kaos', which is by another person altogether. It explains the magical view of the universe as quantum physics.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

riff

Quote from: aloc
Quote from: RiffIf you haven't read the Illuminatus! trilogy, read the Illuminatus! trilogy!!  I mean, sheesh, that's the one that's actually about Discordians and stuff...

DO NOT forget schrodingers cat, Thats about hte strangest book Ive ever read and its so darn good I must have it in my house at all times.. At All Times. :P

Yeah, that's definately my favorite, but he said he'd already read it, so I didn't bother to mention it.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

riff

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCAnd also read 'Liber Kaos', which is by another person altogether. It explains the magical view of the universe as quantum physics.

If you liked that one, also try 'Liber Null and Psychonaut' (two books collected into one volume) by Peter Carroll.  Lots of practical 'how-to' info.

aloc

Quote from: Riff
Quote from: aloc

Yeah, that's definately my favorite, but he said he'd already read it, so I didn't bother to mention it.
My bad, i thought he said that he had read the illuminatus and then I got like all confused and hey! Here I am... ^^
This is not 3d!