News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Robert Anton Wilson

Started by Apocalypse Dude, August 25, 2003, 01:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharif Haff Fassed

I consider RAW to be my own patron saint and hero.

My favorite of his books is "Prometheus Rising" which is one of my favorite books of all time.  Illuminatus and the Schrodenger Cat Trilogy are also excellent.  

Have you been here?

RAW Homepage
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

http://tadspot.typepad.com/tadspot

slothrop23

i agree with the man above,prometheus rising is the best see if you can fly go on. but you should read the illuminatus trilogy first, and then schrodingers cat because its supposed to be a follow on. and when your done with that read coincidence and then right where your sitting now and so on and so on
Wind turbines.

I'm a big fan

Ignatz Ratskiwatski

MaxwellsDemon

Read Prometheus rising, rename yourself as Emperor Norton the second, and name check his sources... Crowley, Gurdieff, Ouspensky, Hyatts 'Undoing yourself...' is good for a giggle, Joyce, Burroughs (Exterminator!!! especialy), Lilly et al You should probably read Leary aswell but treat him as saltily as Crowley. Sex, Drugs and Magick has just been republished here in the UK and if you fancy more of the same try 'Breaking open the head' by Daniel Pinchbeck, and for serious enlightenment read the milk carton at a 45 degree angle, smell the zealotry.

"The need for mystry is greater than the need for an answer"
Ken Kesey

Bella

Quote from: MaxwellsDemonRead Prometheus rising, rename yourself as Emperor Norton the second, and name check his sources... Crowley, Gurdieff, Ouspensky, Hyatts 'Undoing yourself...' is good for a giggle, Joyce, Burroughs (Exterminator!!! especialy), Lilly et al You should probably read Leary aswell but treat him as saltily as Crowley. Sex, Drugs and Magick has just been republished here in the UK and if you fancy more of the same try 'Breaking open the head' by Daniel Pinchbeck, and for serious enlightenment read the milk carton at a 45 degree angle, smell the zealotry.
Could you please repeat that so I can write it down and then go check the bookcase?
I'm pretty sure you mentioned a few books I don't have yet.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

MaxwellsDemon

Oh yeah forgot Shah, somthing akin to wisdom of the idiots is good enough for all us dribbling Savants. How bowt a bit of Sufi nonsense?

Ken Kesey

Bella

Thank you. 8)
Zombies love books.

And sufi dancing is a good way to put
oneself into a deep trance state suitable for the purposes
of astral projection and/or measuring cheeze whiz.
just like in a dream

MaxwellsDemon

Yes indeed, the whole cheese metric system was devised by Al Hakim Hassai in the the third century, after an extended session of transcendental spinning. Some scholars believe that this is the true meaning behind illuminati secret 54: Mountains of cheese, seek herein....

Since were still in the RAW books bit, Gaiman, Fullminster, Philp K Dick and all that colourfull stuff by Grant Morrison should probably be noted.

Ken Kesey

Bella

I see......always suspected the sufis had a hand in cheese.
Someone should make a documentary about cheese,
don't you think? The winners could get a little statue or
something as a prize. Yessss indeed.

Ah.....Gaiman. I got American Gods for Christmas
this year. Isn't that lovely?
just like in a dream

MaxwellsDemon

A documentry about cheese is a terrible idea, it would result in all manner of random fact accumulation, dissipation of the mystique of fromage, and possible death.

Im glad you got good christmas presents, where Im from they just hang you from a tree and chant food mneomonics at you: Hot dogs dancing, a lettuce dressed as an elf, bacon on your knees and so it goes. No presents just fil ins for thememory challenged.

It has occured to me that my avatar isnt as petite as it shoould be, a surfing we go....

Ken Kesey

slothrop23

bo fowler, and the schotts dictionary of miscellany
Wind turbines.

I'm a big fan

Bella

Quote from: slothrop23bo fowler, and the schotts dictionary of miscellany
About time you came back and brought your literary-minded friend with you.....
I was running out of reading material ideas.
just like in a dream

Slarti

just got ILLUMINATUS! as Quantum Pyschology. reading them both. schroedinger's cat was cool, i only read the first two books though.

Weselina

you should really read some Bulhakov's books. "Master and Margaret" is for me the greatest book of him and ever written. psychodelic, narcotic, magic, hellish, crazy!!!  Also worth of reading is Dog's Heart.  By the way, has someone Illuminatus? I have pretty lot of Lovecraft for exchange :)
always look on the bright side of life...

Bella

Quote from: Weselinayou should really read some Bulhakov's books. "Master and Margaret" is for me the greatest book of him and ever written. psychodelic, narcotic, magic, hellish, crazy!!!  Also worth of reading is Dog's Heart.  By the way, has someone Illuminatus? I have pretty lot of Lovecraft for exchange :)
I gotta agree."The Master and Margarita" is one of the best books ever. Heart of the Dog is also good, but I liked the first one better.
just like in a dream