News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Welcome to the post-american century: part 2

Started by East Coast Hustle, April 15, 2005, 02:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent compassion

QuoteVenezuela shut down the biggest oil refinery IN THE WORLD for "routine maintenance.

Izzat so....

Do I detect a whiff of "Don't fuck with Venezuela" in the air?

And yeah, I've liked Chavez ever since he told the megacorps to shove off and stop hoarding all the food in the warehouses to sell at ridiculous markups while people were starving in the streets...

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

Chavez is a fucking PIMP and our fucktard government is about to learn what it feels like to get pimp-slapped. Get ready for $5 a gallon.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Hold it....

The guy from N*SYNC is running Venezuela now?

agent compassion

QuoteGet ready for $5 a gallon.

Don't have a car.

8)

And by the time summer's here, Biodiesel's gonna be dirt cheap by comparison to gas. Hmm.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

LMNO: much as it pains me to admit that I know this, that's JC Chassez, not Chavez.

AgComp: prices at my pumps right now:

regular gas = $2.31/gal.
diesel = $2.45/gal.

diesel has been going up at the same rate as gas. there is no reason to think that diesel will become cheaper than gas anytime soon. and bio-diesel will be just as expensive as regular diesel (even though it may eventually become more cost-effective to produce) since the bio-diesel producers are trying to make a profit too. it's cheaper in hte sense that your MPG is probably going to be better with diesel, but in a per-gallon sense, it's gonna be a little more expensive than gasoline.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: agent compassion
QuoteGet ready for $5 a gallon.

Don't have a car.

8)

And by the time summer's here, Biodiesel's gonna be dirt cheap by comparison to gas. Hmm.

The USA shouldnt have tested. Chavez, it seems, has big brass ones.  Oh and he said recently the USA may try to kill him, so hope he doesnt die, or the oil may go not come again for quite a while.

agent compassion

QuoteAgComp: prices at my pumps right now:

regular gas = $2.31/gal.
diesel = $2.45/gal.

$2.49 here on average...

Quotediesel has been going up at the same rate as gas. there is no reason to think that diesel will become cheaper than gas anytime soon. and bio-diesel will be just as expensive as regular diesel (even though it may eventually become more cost-effective to produce) since the bio-diesel producers are trying to make a profit too. it's cheaper in hte sense that your MPG is probably going to be better with diesel, but in a per-gallon sense, it's gonna be a little more expensive than gasoline.

1. Bio-diesel has nothing in common with diesel besides the fact that it runs in the same engines. But gas engines can't run biodiesel anyway. This only affects diesel customers. Gas users will have to to one of two things =  get diesel cars or pay the high prices. Neither one is comfortable.

2. While it's true they'll be making a profit, they are also trying to bring costs DOWN for consumers right now, because they are trying to increase its popularity...around here it's about $2.99 a gallon. And has been for a while.

3. When diesel tops $3.00 a gallon, there will be a rush on biodiesel, at least in areas where it is commercially available. The only way I can see the price spiking on biodiesel is if the demand outstrips the supply, but given that a relatively small number of consumers use diesel in their personal cars right now, that's not my concern. The real concern is the big trucks and buses who use diesel. However, their fuel use is not determined by individual drivers but decided on a companywide basis, which takes time. Which means time for the biodiesel producers to prepare.

4. The gas mileage nearly doubles while running biodiesel, which means you can buy half as much and still go where you're going. Regardless of the gallon price, I think it will still remain affordable.

5. If this high gas pricing continues, more alt-fuel companies(not just biodiesel) will jump at this chance to get a piece of the pie. More competition = lower prices all around.

I hope.

8)

Cain

I dont drive, so it will just be fun to watch everyone scurry around in panic from here. :lol:

LMNO

Or we could drill in the Arctic...

And kill everything for miles around....

And strip the land of its nutrients...

and push back the inevitable by about oly 5 years...

Y'know, like good Americans.

East Coast Hustle

LMNO: 5 years is WAY too optimistic an estimate for that.

AgComp: there is no altruism ANYWHERE. And if there is, it will soon be co-opted by ExxonMobil. There is zero chance that the oil cabal will allow some mom & pop alt-fuel producers to muscle in on a slice of what they percieve to be their own private pie. And unless the mom & pop producers start their own PACs and begin donating billions to the right political coffers, they're gonna find themselves shit outta luck, much as we might wish otherwise.

agent compassion

QuoteAnd unless the mom & pop producers start their own PACs and begin donating billions to the right political coffers, they're gonna find themselves shit outta luck, much as we might wish otherwise.

Fuck, who said anything about altruism?

And anyway, that's a good idea. I'm out of touch with the current biodiesel info, but I know Willie Nelson's gotten involved.

East Coast Hustle

we should definitely start a discordian PAC. and instead of the obvious choices, like Sunny Jim or Barbara Boxer, we should donate heavily to Zell Miller and Rick Santorum. Tell them we're a group dedicated to something ambiguously right-wing. say, the coalition for responsible parenting. then, once they've accepted our money, we start taking out ads in the local papers in their districts where it comes out that the coalition for responsible parenting is actaully a group dedicated to hard-core pro-aryan eugenics. And of course, we make sure to mention in our ads that we're big supporters of (insert assclown senator here), and that we've donated to their re-election campaign because we feel that they represent our values.

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Se?±or Misteriosowe should definitely start a discordian PAC. and instead of the obvious choices, like Sunny Jim or Barbara Boxer, we should donate heavily to Zell Miller and Rick Santorum. Tell them we're a group dedicated to something ambiguously right-wing. say, the coalition for responsible parenting. then, once they've accepted our money, we start taking out ads in the local papers in their districts where it comes out that the coalition for responsible parenting is actaully a group dedicated to hard-core pro-aryan eugenics. And of course, we make sure to mention in our ads that we're big supporters of (insert assclown senator here), and that we've donated to their re-election campaign because we feel that they represent our values.

8)

Um, what's up with stealing my #2 tagline?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

umm...my bad....which one was that again?

8)