News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Greg Hill??? real?

Started by hooplala, April 19, 2005, 05:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Not sure if there is a thread on this already, but I was wondering if people know much about Gregory Hill?

I've noticed that I havent been able to find a single picture of him on the internet, whereas I can find several of Kerry Thornley.

Also, Malaclypse the Younger is mentioned several times in Illuminatus as having dissapeared into the ocean, or going to start the ELF . . .

Also also - Kerry Thornley and RAW had a falling out in the 70s when Thornley thought he was working for the CIA, but I never read what Gregory Hill thought about it, or whether Hill and Thornley were still talking at that point.

So . . . does Gregory Hill even exist?  Or is his 'real' name Robert Anton Wilson?

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

gnimbley

Greg Hill is a pooka. He lives in Ireland and recently published the
cyberpunk novel "Crash and Burn like a Turkey, Baby" under the
penname of Mangrove Polygoose.

LMNO

Quote from: gnimbleyGreg Hill is a pooka. He lives in Ireland and recently published the
cyberpunk novel "Crash and Burn like a Turkey, Baby" under the
penname of Mangrove Polygoose.

This is TRUE.

Horab Fibslager

greg hill died in the late 80's of cancer. hje was a computer rpogrammer and was known for noticing obvioous obscurites often missed. if you were to visit him , he'd offer you room temperature coffeee. when visiotrs complained abotu th etemperature, he'd comment "you're nto drinking coffee, you're drinking temperature."
Hell is other people.

Anonymous

That's interesting - why are there no pictures of him?

Any idea where I can find out more about this jester?

-C.R.

Horab Fibslager

the migh tbe one in confessions to conspiracy by kerry thronley.

i assume it may be because he may have not allowed people to take picture sof him.

also he apparetly cut ties to the world of discordia in the 70's.

and no robert anton wilson wasn't on th escne until well after the 1st ed. pd was published.

as far i know.

but there are 17 conflicting histories.
Hell is other people.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: horabgreg hill died in the late 80's of cancer.

Or so he wants you to think

Also noe that he wrote an afterward to the  Loompanics Unlimited edition of the Principia that for some reason is not on this website.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell
Quote from: horabgreg hill died in the late 80's of cancer.

Or so he wants you to think

Also noe that he wrote an afterward to the  Loompanics Unlimited edition of the Principia that for some reason is not on this website.
are any of the afterwords/forewords on this site?
Hell is other people.

Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

Verthaine

Hill travels to diffeent dimensions and planets doing Goddess'.work.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

gnimbley

What do you mean there are no picture of Greg Hill? I have one right here!

He's third from the left.

No, the other left.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellI think R.A.W.'s is.
that's lame. i shoudl read it and the toehr wone's so i can say "raw's is the  suckeist evar!"

lol ;)
Hell is other people.

Horab Fibslager

i totally agree the_fonz.

it's the oen that inspired me to write the discordian maniphestos.

Quote from: eris*ahem* I inpspired you woolbrain

er uh yes of course.  :P
Hell is other people.

Quote from: gnimbleyWhat do you mean there are no picture of Greg Hill? I have one right here!

[...]

He's third from the left.

No, the other left.

I know you were joking, (unless you actually weren't) but the third guy from the left does actually look a lot like what I picture Greg Hill as

He looks like some sort of slick-looking divine prototype/enlightened prophet from outer space who's currently stuck in the late 50s, mourning the death of the underground jazz era but at the same time smug in the knowledge that the sexual revolution's about to happen.