News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

New Chart

Started by LMNO, April 29, 2005, 03:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Oddly enough, this is about the PD.

Maybe I should ahve posted it in the "Recipies" forum.

Anyway, I was thinking about the order/disorder/creative/destructive chart, and my pineal gland said:

Creation
Destruction
-and-
Order
Disorder

Yields:

Creative order
Destructive order
Creative disorder
Destructive disorder

But:

Creation
-and-
Destruction
-and-
Order
-and-
Disorder

Yields:

Creative order
Creative disorder
Creative destruction

Destructive order
Destructive disorder
Destructive Creation

Orderly Disorder
Disorderly order

But what are these four new terms?  and how can we design a chart that reveals this new pineal insight?

Cain

Well I think the order/disorder and creative/destructive are more time/linear based.   Imposing order now that leads to greater disorder, or the destruction now that leads to later creation, for example.  Dunno if that helps any, but it may clarify things somewhat.

LMNO

Clarify?  Nope, not really.

heh.

Could "Creative Destruction" be considered things like Einsturzende Neubauten's music, or the Artworks of Mark Pauline and Survival Research Laboratories?

Could "Destructive Creation" be considered bioengineering viruses and nuclear bombs?

Could "Orderly Disorder" be considered people like cat~maxwell, who are purposefully random, but are ultimately predictable?

Could "Disorderly Order" be considered passive-agressive, civil-disobedience protesters?

Any thoughts?

Cain

I think those were exactly the sort of things I have been thinking about. I've been thinking abit about this recently, y'see.  I have to say though, those examples were far better illustrations of the processes than I ever had, I only ever got the artwork and nuclear bomb down myself.  But it seems to fit to me, to be intuitive.

saint aini

My room is orderly disordered.  If someone else tries to clean it, it becomes disorderly ordered since I no longer know where the fuck the fucker fucking put my fucking stuff.

Creative destruction... imploding a building for a movie.

Destructive creation... giving man reason and then tell him not to use it, YHWH.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

creative destruction= shreading toilet paper all over the house and telling your mother it is art

LMNO

New Wrinkle:

It attempting to draw up a chart, I recognize the need for "Orderly Order", "Disorderly Disorder", "Creative Creatvity" and "Destructive Destruction".

Should we just say those squares belong to Eris, cuz we can't figure them out?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

is it like when there are double negatives it makes a positive,and become the opposite???

saint aini

creative destruction: cooking ramen noodles
[Grabs his hand]
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

saint aini

as for the chart, you need to use three dimensions
[Grabs his hand]

LMNO

3D, hmm?  I like the concept.  Please continue.  In 2D, I now have 16 squares:  I will attempt a table in Microsoft word, and see if i can post it correctly.

Cain

Or a kite shape, each corner being an attribute (order, cretivity etc) and the lines inbetween denoting the connections.

If you see what I mean.  Evertthing is interconnected.  And each of the attributes could have a circle around them , to show heir totallity, while at the same time being not a part of the system.

Edit, the drawing fucked up.  I have done one on paper, I'll see if I can email it from my phone.

LMNO

I can't seem to make the chart be legible on the forums.

So, for all those with artistic or 1337 abilities:

First row reads:

ERIS, Orderly Disorder,Orderly Creation, Orderly Destruction

Second Row reads:

Disorderly Order, ERIS, Disorderly Creation, Disorderly Destruction

Third row Reads:

Creative Order, Creative Disorder, ERIS, Creative Destruction

Fourth Row reads:

Destructive Order,  Destructive Disorder, Destructive Disorder, ERIS

Can I get a witness?  Or an artist?

saint aini

hint:  use tab separated tables

and

[code][/code]
[Grabs his hand]

LMNO

Hmph.  I suppose I'm just a n00b at heart.

Hellooo, winpaint!