News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

New Chart

Started by LMNO, April 29, 2005, 03:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Or if you're looking at the finances of Merrill Lynch, for example  :lulz:

Jasper

Something occurs to me.  Couldn't we use one of those circular charts like they have in that one arcade game where you train to be a cop?

It'd look like this:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Wait, I forget... WTF are we modeling again?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

Fetus art.

No, seriously?  The aspects of Chaos.

hooplala

Is it just me, or is the idea of charting chaos :fap: ?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

Only if you actually want to use it to record things.  I think of it as a tool to deepen understanding.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Well, I think we can make many models, which if they're useful for something then surely its not just  :fap:

But, the thing I'm trying to figure out is why we're trying to model chaos beyond the old 2x2 grid... that is what would the new model provide over the old one.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that the old one provided was a way of visualizing that not all chaos is necessarily bad. What are we aiming at with these other models?

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

hooplala

Just trying to help.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

More of the same.  I'm trying to get back into content producing mode, so expect a few misses.

Cramulus

I hate to quote scripture (lol) but-
Starbuck's Pebbles seems appropriate to post here.

Jasper

Point taken, but I still think occaisionally regurgitating things in new formats can make them clearer.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Felix on April 21, 2008, 10:43:56 PM
Point taken, but I still think occaisionally regurgitating things in new formats can make them clearer.

I agree... I'm just trying to figure out where the clarity is needed... that is, I have had a few ideas about models, but I'm not sure if they're useful or not, because I don't know what we're trying to model more clearly...

or something like that.

LMNO

It originally started when ECH was bicthing about how you have order, disorder, creation, and destruction, but no way to represent creative destruction.

I thought about it a bit, and threw the new chart together.