News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Ask Your Eris?

Started by hooplala, May 02, 2005, 07:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

It's self-hypnosis, but it can be fun, and illuminating.

It lets you know who programs the computer.

But it's not the most mind-blowing part of the book.

hooplala

Ah, ok . . . I thought it was self hypnosis, but I wasn't sure if there was a more limiting definition of hypnosis . . .

What do you consider the most mind blowing part of the book?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

That would be telling.

hooplala

Gotcha.

I found that part pretty shocking, I didn't realize it would be so easy . . . do you put much stock into Leary's 8 Circuits of the Human Mind?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

The first five I can see... Not sure about the last 3.

But they're metaphors, anyway.

hooplala

I agree . . . and I also agree with you about the first five . . . it seems to me that the last 3 are just variations on a theme . . . they could easily be grouped together into one 'circuit'.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

But so could the first 4.

It's all the same circut, man.

Haven't you figured that out?

hooplala

I constantly change my mind, but yes . . . I see more difference between the first four proposed than the last four, though, so I find it more helpful to seperate them for now, but yeah it's all part of the same set.  5=6 and all that.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Try identifying 1 with 8.

hooplala

Ahhh, I think I see what you are getting at, the OBE and other 'mystical' aspects of the 8th circuit is like the bio-survival circuit, but on a cosmic scale . . .

So, perhaps the 'tunnel of light' that people claim to see when they have near death experiences are both birth memories, and re-birth visions?

Or am I just going off the deep end here?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Actually, it's more interesting than that.  If you can identify & combine 1 & 8, you can (and people often do, without realizing) combine any and all the circuts in all possible combinations, which turns out to be 8! (that is, 8 factorial).

I strongly suggest you take some time, & work on this.  When you combine 4 and 7, for example, certain fetishes people have become very clear and obvious.

hooplala

Hmmmmmm . . . that's very interesting.  

I'll admit that I don't really get the factorial part (math was never my strong suit), but I will put some thought into this on the weekend.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

8 factorial is simply a mathematical term to figure out how many combinations are possible.

I've had a lot of success combining a mediation of Circut Combination with Joe Campbell's Mythic symbolism, and of course, Carl Jung.

hooplala

Ah, ok, that's kind of what I figured it would be . . . that's fascinating.  I will do a lot of thinking about this over the weekend . . . maybe I'll start reading Leary's Cosmic Consciousness or whatever its called . . . probably better to get it straight from the horses mouth.

I could sort of do without all the life extension stuff in Prometheus Rising, what about you?  Does that interest you?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

The information provided about LI (as part of the S.M.I.I.L.E formula) is fascinating.  And exciting.

If there was ever a government conspiracy, it would be the one they have launched against life extension.