News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

A quote the LDD might like...

Started by LMNO, May 10, 2005, 04:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

"Governments fall from sheer indifference. Authority figures, deprived of the vampiric energy they suck off their constituents, are seen for what they are: dead empty masks manipulated by computers.

"And what is behind the computers? Remote control, of course.  Look at the prison you are in, we are all in. This is a penal colony that is now a Death Camp. Place of the Second and Final Death.

"Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.  I don't intend to be there when the shithouse goes up.

"Nothing here now but the recordings. Shut them off, they are as radioactive as an old joke."

-- William S. Burroughs from "Soul Killer"

Cain

Nice, thanks.  I may have look for that when I go down the bookshop in a bit.  Incidentally, if you go here there are plently of nice quotes and anecodotes, neatly organized into various sections.  Its where I steal alot of mine from.

Anonymous

Government is a semantic hallucination

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Yo momma is a semantic illusion!

Ben

"A nation never fails but by suicide."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

East Coast Hustle

that's a good one too...unfortunately, as much as I have been bitching about how much I HATED SW:3 Revenge of the Emofags, I gotta say there was one line in that movie that is one of the best lines I've heard in any movie (or in real life for that matter)...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

in the scene where Palpatine is pulling the old "Hitler at the end of the Weimar Republic" routine, Padme (in the only decent 5 seconds of acting in Natalie Portman's entire career) turns to one of the other senators and says "so this is how liberty dies...to thunderous applause."

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

So - I'm guessing you didn't like Ep 3 then.

:D

Hm.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

you didn't read my review?

you know where to find it.

8)

agent compassion

Actually, I just read it a minute ago.  :lol:  I was being sarcastic before.

I'm amazed that some SW people thought the first Anakin(from Phantom) was cute and stuff. I thought he was an excellent argument for birth control, personally. Gah. Child actors annoy me. There are only two movies I've seen recently with good child acting in them - "Meet the Fockers" and "A Series of Unfortunate Events" - both kids were too young to talk or have oh-so-"adorable" gap-tooth smiles, so maybe that's why.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Cain

I actually remember reading that SW3 line in a review (Slate magazine I think) and thinking, "damn, there actually was one good scriptwriter".

Here are a few from the above link I put in.

"When privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy."
,Äî anonymous

"What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; th,Äô unconquerable will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield."
,Äî Milton, from Paradise Lost

"The state calls its own violence law, but that of the individual crime."
,Äî Max Stirner

Such words as peace, freedom, democracy will be so
twisted and distorted that the younger generation will no longer know what they really mean."
,Äî Major H. von Dach, from Total Resistance (p. 135)

"You can either have Republic or Empire, but you cannot have both."
,Äî James Madison

"The hidden hand of the market will never work without a hidden fist."
,Äî Thomas Friedman

"Armchair warriors often fail,
And we,Äôve been poisoned by these fairy tales . . ."
,Äî from "The End of the Innocence" by Don Henley

Great Teacher Largo

"Government is three-fourths parasitic and one-forth inept bungling."
-RAH

"Government is a neccessary evil.  But just because an evil is neccessary does not make it a good."
-RAH
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

LMNO

Scribe, you had me, until you quoted Don Fucking Henley.

Slarti

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: Slartibartfastis RAH robert heinlen?

Yes.  Robert Anson Heinlein.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.