The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

State of the board, version 1.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 12, 2005, 09:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kung
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: T'ai KungI'd say that since you actually do stuff IRL, specifically stuff that spreads confusion and chaos, you pretty much get a free pass when it comes to your online ideology.

8)

Who?  Me?  Horab?  Both?

Bella.

I have no idea what Horab does IRL, and I figure it's safer for me not to delve to deep into your activities. I have my own subversion to worry about.

8)

My activities?  :halo:  

My word, you make me sound like a degenerate subversive of some kind...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

Quote from: T'ai KungI'd say that since you actually do stuff IRL, specifically stuff that spreads confusion and chaos, you pretty much get a free pass when it comes to your online ideology.

8)

Who?  Me?  Horab?  Both?

Bella.

I have no idea what Horab does IRL, and I figure it's safer for me not to delve to deep into your activities. I have my own subversion to worry about.

8)
Okay. Thanks. I have to say that all the rude cookies and pie comments are one reason I quit posting much here for a long time. So this is nice to hear.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

8)

Who?  Me?  Horab?  Both?

Bella.

8)
Okay. Thanks. I have to say that all the rude cookies and pie comments are one reason I quit posting much here for a long time. So this is nice to hear.

Well, this is symptomatic of what's been wrong with the forum.  Some of us need to be more tolerant of our fellow Discordian's ways...and some - not you, Bella - need to be aware of when someone is venting, and doesn't need to see cookies and pie.

Too many big egos flailing around.  That's the problem with Discordianism...everyone's an alpha, and we so easily fall back into domesticated primate behavior.

Can you imagine this place if it was an IRL meeting hall, instead of just an online forum?

Hideous, hideous.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bella

I don't follow the logic of what you just said, Roger.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI don't follow the logic of what you just said, Roger.

Too many chiefs, no indians.  It is our blessing and our curse.

And some have used cookies and pie to poke and annoy people whom they KNOW don't go for it, when those people aren't in the mood to be poked.

Then again, some of us just went totally overboard about it.

Bella

How does that apply to me feeling shot down?
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomHow does that apply to me feeling shot down?

You just got caught in the crossfire, lady.

That's all.

TGRR,
Knows how much that can suck.

Bella

I see. Well then.......in order to avoid further pissoffment of myself due to being caught in the crossfire of my friends, I think I will adopt the attitude expressed in the following slogan, which is on the mind of every employee of the Boulevard Home Furnishing Store in St George Utah:

"Stoop To Perfection."

In other words, look down and pick up the trash, starting with one's own.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI see. Well then.......in order to avoid further pissoffment of myself due to being caught in the crossfire of my friends, I think I will adopt the attitude expressed in the following slogan, which is on the mind of every employee of the Boulevard Home Furnishing Store in St George Utah:

"Stoop To Perfection."

That's what I'm trying to do, right now.

agent compassion

I'll admit that sometimes when I come here and I see so much fury, my instinctive response is to throw "cookies and pie" at it because I want to cheer things up. Maybe that's not always the right thing to do but damnit, it's all I know how to do.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: agent compassionI'll admit that sometimes when I come here and I see so much fury, my instinctive response is to throw "cookies and pie" at it because I want to cheer things up. Maybe that's not always the right thing to do but damnit, it's all I know how to do.

You were more effective when you used scorn, IMO.

And I oughta know. :lol:

agent compassion

Trouble is, once I get to know and like someone, it's really hard for me to use scorn on them.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Bella

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI see. Well then.......in order to avoid further pissoffment of myself due to being caught in the crossfire of my friends, I think I will adopt the attitude expressed in the following slogan, which is on the mind of every employee of the Boulevard Home Furnishing Store in St George Utah:

"Stoop To Perfection."

That's what I'm trying to do, right now.
You missed that gum wrapper over there to the left, Rog.

PS: Demonica says watch out for the empty pie plate and the half-eaten cookie. :twisted:
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: agent compassionTrouble is, once I get to know and like someone, it's really hard for me to use scorn on them.

But...that means...

agent compassion

Quote from: TiggerBut...that means...

I can fake it, just for you Rog, if you want.... :)