News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Stranger in a Strange Land

Started by Apocalypse Dude, August 29, 2003, 10:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Robert Heinlein SUCKS.

That is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Didn't he have a stroke around the time his novels started taking a nosedive?

gnimbley

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerRobert Heinlein SUCKS.

That is all.

I would have thought Farnham's Freehold was your kind of book.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbley
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerRobert Heinlein SUCKS.

That is all.

I would have thought Farnham's Freehold was your kind of book.

That's his worst work, a veritible chunk of corn in a steaming heap of feces.

My kind of book is more Harry Turtledove (for light reading) and Roman history (for looking at the future of America(tm)).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.